Omaha Red Sox wrote:
Dolfin99 wrote:Push ups are push ups. You do not need a device to get stonger. You can just do different variations:
What about the one where you clap?
you do those on explosions
The pushups in my routine:
1. regular (on fists/dumbell/pushupbar)
2. incline (hands on bench, chair, whatever)
3. decline (feet on something hard and sturdy)
4. beach (with dumbells, your wrists should be facing forward)
5. triple stop (regular push up on fists/dumbell/pushupbars only you pause and hold at 2/3rds, 1/3rd, and as low as you can to the ground)
6. medicine ball (this can be done with a weight plate or a block of wood or a thick book... you put your right hand on the book, left on the ground. you push yourself off the ground and to the other side. your left hand should land on the object, right hand on the ground... repeat)
7 pushup row (done with dumbbells, push up, row with the right, go down, push up row with the left, etc... I assume you know what I mean by "row")
8 explosion (simple, pushup as hard as you can. better to clap or spread your hands out or something so you can gage how much you are actually working it.)
9 diamond (make a diamond with your two hands. when you do this the diamond should be at about your heart/upper chest when you are down. your elbows will go out to your sides as you do it which works your triceps nicely.
10. wide stance (obvious right. it will seem pretty easy but it works different muscles.)
11. swiss ball decline (feet on the ball...)
12. swiss ball incline (this is such a b*tch, I can't even tell you. hands on the swiss ball... i hate them. took me forever before i even had balance or strength to do 10 without having to stop or readjust)
I don't always do them in that order... I kind of do what i'm feeling at the time. Those are my 12 types i do though... 120 pushups, 5-10 minutes tops... works nicely...
I do realize you need a swiss ball and maybe some dumbbells... but you can just do the 10 without the swiss ball. However, that works your core so well... you should do decline/inclines with your feet/hands on something that is very unbalanced to get that same effect, great on the abs.