The Perfect Push Up - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

The Perfect Push Up

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: The Perfect Push Up

Postby beanoX3 » Tue Nov 06, 2007 11:59 am

Just wear a flesh colored latex bodysuit with muscles contoured on. Make sure you don't forget to add nipples to it though, so you don't look like a freak or something. ;-D
The cake is a lie.
beanoX3
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Home Cafe: Football

Postby eastcoaster » Tue Nov 06, 2007 12:06 pm

treat24 wrote:7 pushup row (done with dumbbells, push up, row with the right, go down, push up row with the left, etc... I assume you know what I mean by "row") ;-D

By row, you mean lift up and then pull back? then forward and down? or what? :-?
eastcoaster
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby treat24 » Tue Nov 06, 2007 12:15 pm

eastcoaster wrote:
treat24 wrote:7 pushup row (done with dumbbells, push up, row with the right, go down, push up row with the left, etc... I assume you know what I mean by "row") ;-D

By row, you mean lift up and then pull back? then forward and down? or what? :-?

pretty much yep. you are balancing on your one arm, if you can do it without locking your stable arm, all the better. lower weights usually allow you to do that. works your opposite arm and your core more by not locking. but yeah. Start down. pushup, lift one dumbell off the ground, pull it back, bring it forward, set it down. bring your whole body to the ground (not actually on the ground... you are doing pushups afterall slightly above the ground), push up, repeat with the opposite arm.
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I'm drinking 'til I forget the 1999 NFC Championship game.

Postby eastcoaster » Tue Nov 06, 2007 12:24 pm

treat24 wrote:pretty much yep. you are balancing on your one arm, if you can do it without locking your stable arm, all the better. lower weights usually allow you to do that. works your opposite arm and your core more by not locking. but yeah. Start down. pushup, lift one dumbell off the ground, pull it back, bring it forward, set it down. bring your whole body to the ground (not actually on the ground... you are doing pushups afterall slightly above the ground), push up, repeat with the opposite arm.

Right - the motion makes sense. Thanks ;-D

The core is such an important part of a workout, too. Lots of NFL athletes have particular core workouts.

So, pushups work the upper abs, would you say? 'Cause sometimes they're hard to work (for me) :-?
eastcoaster
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby FantasyMan13 » Thu Nov 08, 2007 1:13 am

I remember hearing somewhere that Ray Lewis did something like 1,000 push ups a day while he was at Miami.
FantasyMan13
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 40)

Postby bagobonez » Sat Nov 10, 2007 12:55 pm

FantasyMan13 wrote:I remember hearing somewhere that Ray Lewis did something like 1,000 push ups a day while he was at Miami.

Herschel Walker would do the same. I think it's pointless. If you can do 1,000 reps of anything in a day, there's not enough resistance there to optimally build muscle. Then again, these guys are in the NFL and I'm sitting behind a desk, so WTH do i know. :-b
"90% of the game is half mental" - John Madden
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

Postby dream_017 » Mon Nov 12, 2007 8:46 am

This is the perfect push-up

;-D :-b
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 70)

Postby Tiki » Mon Nov 12, 2007 12:02 pm

dream_017 wrote:This is the perfect push-up

He speaks truth! ;-D
Keep it lit.
Tiki
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 ChampionSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby joelamosobadiah » Mon Nov 12, 2007 12:12 pm

Tiki wrote:

He speaks truth! ;-D

The lime is way better than the orange actually. ;-D :-b
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Dan Lambskin » Mon Nov 12, 2007 1:28 pm

do they still make these?
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk