Adrian Peterson, just broke the single game rushing record?? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe


Return to Football Talk

Adrian Peterson, just broke the single game rushing record??

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Adrian Peterson, just broke the single game rushing record??

Postby ivesaidway2much » Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:17 pm

I thought I did alright trading this guy for Lynch, Michael Turner, and Houshmazilliyo in a keeper league. Now, I'm not so sure.
ivesaidway2much
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

User avatar

Posts: 482
Joined: 24 Apr 2005
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Adrian Peterson, just broke the single game rushing record??

Postby jcde7ago » Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:22 pm

ivesaidway2much wrote:I thought I did alright trading this guy for Lynch, Michael Turner, and Houshmazilliyo in a keeper league. Now, I'm not so sure.


Dude, don't worry...you did fine.

Lynch is contributing every week and is really anchoring that Buffalo offense...Michael Turner will blossom next year when he's finally out of LT's shadow and Housh..well you can't say enough about the guy. He's looking like the next Marvin Harrison in terms of consistency...i think if you pulled off all 3 for ADP...you did pretty darn well.
10-Team Yahoo! Keeper League: TheYayArea (in 3rd Year now) 11-0!

Starters:

QB: Tom Brady
WR: Terrell Owens, Randy Moss, Marvin Harrison
RB: LaDainian Tomlinson, Marshawn Lynch
W/R: Marion Barber III
TE: Chris Cooley
K: Shayne Graham
D: Pittsburgh
jcde7ago
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

User avatar

Posts: 167
Joined: 22 Apr 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Adrian Peterson, just broke the single game rushing record??

Postby steelerfan513 » Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:29 pm

LS2throwed wrote:Can anyone imagine if Cleveland took this guy first, WOW...


All I can say is I'm very, very happy they didn't. The Steelers' no-100-yd-rusher streak would likely end this year if they had.
Image
Image
Kudos to Leber for the amazing sig and to Metroid for the userbar and making them both fit
2008 and 2009 Defunct Dynasty League Champion
steelerfan513
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown Survivor
Posts: 11906
Joined: 15 Sep 2005
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Adrian Peterson, just broke the single game rushing record??

Postby skibrett15 » Mon Nov 05, 2007 4:59 pm

moonhead wrote:
moochman wrote:I will have a hard time getting this game and the Chicago game out of my head come draft day if I land the top pick. Surround him with a competent QB and a 2,000 yard season is a reality.

This must be bittersweet to Vikes fans. AP is the real deal, but he probably saved Childress his job.

it's a reality without a competent qb.

It's what he is on pace for, but it's not a reality yet. There's a chance he will hit the wall or get dinged up if his workload increases like it has been.
ADMIN edit: please note that the overall sig limit is 12k - thanks!
(Thanks Leber)
AIM is like multiplayer notepad
skibrett15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Posts: 5057
Joined: 17 Aug 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: At the Mafia Cafe

Re: Adrian Peterson, just broke the single game rushing record??

Postby steelerfan513 » Mon Nov 05, 2007 5:21 pm

ivesaidway2much wrote:I thought I did alright trading this guy for Lynch, Michael Turner, and Houshmazilliyo in a keeper league. Now, I'm not so sure.


That's actually not bad at all, although I'd probably still rather have Peterson.
Image
Image
Kudos to Leber for the amazing sig and to Metroid for the userbar and making them both fit
2008 and 2009 Defunct Dynasty League Champion
steelerfan513
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown Survivor
Posts: 11906
Joined: 15 Sep 2005
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Adrian Peterson, just broke the single game rushing record??

Postby moochman » Tue Nov 06, 2007 11:56 am

LS2throwed wrote:and has anyone noticed that Peterson looks like he is still in college?? The way he runs past defenders, looks faster then everyone on the field, one person cant bring him down etc...It looks like he is a man amongst boys out there, the Vikes do an excellent job of sealing blocks and opening lanes, and thats all he needs, when he is in open space he is so dangerous because you dont know whether he will run you over or run around you...


I remember an ex-player/announcer saying after the Chicago game that defenders were trying to avoid full contact with him. I think his quote was along the lines of they avoided tackling him by pulling up short to miss the full contact. The dude must run very hard and when you go for 296 you truely are All Day Peterson.
Wonder what my stoopit Lions would look like if they'd taken him instead of CJ2.
Image


I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 16300
(Past Year: 80)
Joined: 20 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Living in the shame only a Lions fan knows

Re: Adrian Peterson, just broke the single game rushing record??

Postby CC » Tue Nov 06, 2007 12:41 pm

moochman wrote:
LS2throwed wrote:and has anyone noticed that Peterson looks like he is still in college?? The way he runs past defenders, looks faster then everyone on the field, one person cant bring him down etc...It looks like he is a man amongst boys out there, the Vikes do an excellent job of sealing blocks and opening lanes, and thats all he needs, when he is in open space he is so dangerous because you dont know whether he will run you over or run around you...


I remember an ex-player/announcer saying after the Chicago game that defenders were trying to avoid full contact with him. I think his quote was along the lines of they avoided tackling him by pulling up short to miss the full contact. The dude must run very hard and when you go for 296 you truely are All Day Peterson.
Wonder what my stoopit Lions would look like if they'd taken him instead of CJ2.


I am as big an AD fan as you will find, but it is hard to go wrong selecting a guy who is quite possibly the best WR prospect ever.
Image
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 11079
Joined: 30 Dec 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: The Big House.

Re: Adrian Peterson, just broke the single game rushing record??

Postby deerayfan072 » Tue Nov 06, 2007 2:58 pm

CC wrote:
moochman wrote:
LS2throwed wrote:and has anyone noticed that Peterson looks like he is still in college?? The way he runs past defenders, looks faster then everyone on the field, one person cant bring him down etc...It looks like he is a man amongst boys out there, the Vikes do an excellent job of sealing blocks and opening lanes, and thats all he needs, when he is in open space he is so dangerous because you dont know whether he will run you over or run around you...


I remember an ex-player/announcer saying after the Chicago game that defenders were trying to avoid full contact with him. I think his quote was along the lines of they avoided tackling him by pulling up short to miss the full contact. The dude must run very hard and when you go for 296 you truely are All Day Peterson.
Wonder what my stoopit Lions would look like if they'd taken him instead of CJ2.


I am as big an AD fan as you will find, but it is hard to go wrong selecting a guy who is quite possibly the best WR prospect ever.


I am right there with you CC. If it were me at number 1 I would have taken either CJ2 or AD, and you really cannot go wrong with either one of them IMO.
Image
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 18976
Joined: 15 Apr 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: On an Island

Re: Adrian Peterson, just broke the single game rushing record??

Postby AllDay » Wed Nov 07, 2007 2:43 am

Detroit shouldn't be kicking itself for taking Calvin Johnson at all.

It is Cleveland and Arizona that look like fools for going OL instead of Peterson.

Oakland maybe taking Jamarcus Russell over either CJ or AP was a mistake. Russell (and many QB's in general) is just a big question mark for me.

Washington and Tampa got good players on D with their picks, but I bet there a few in those organizations who regret not taking Peterson.

Cleveland could have came away with Peterson and still gotten Brady Quinn with their 2nd pick. Add that to their surprising season and Cleveland fans would be hard to listen to.

Things could change at any time though. Maybe Joe Thomas and Brady Quinn lead the Brown to a few championships. I doubt they'd regret not taking Peterson if that happened.
What Would Purple Jesus Do?
AllDay
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

User avatar

Posts: 240
Joined: 18 Oct 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Adrian Peterson, just broke the single game rushing record??

Postby eaglesfan » Wed Nov 07, 2007 10:21 am

I don't think Cleveland is kicking themselves...there actually in the playoff hunt this year
Image
10 Team, H2H, PPR
Lineup:
E. Manning - T. Romo
W. Welker - R. Cobb - H. Nicks
M. Forte - D. Sproles - CJ Spiller - S. Ridley
J. Finley - K. Rudolph
M. Bryant
Arizona - Green Bay
eaglesfan
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Cafe Ranker
Posts: 3672
Joined: 26 Jul 2004
Home Cafe: Football

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Start & Sit Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2014 NFL season kicks off in 10:00 hours
(and 42 days)
2014 NFL Schedule


  • Fantasy Football
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact