Adrian Peterson, just broke the single game rushing record?? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Adrian Peterson, just broke the single game rushing record??

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Adrian Peterson, just broke the single game rushing record??

Postby JasonSeahorn » Wed Nov 07, 2007 10:33 am

yeah i agree with eaglesfan, joe thomas is probably a big reason why the browns can run/pass the ball effectively this year

Thanks to deluxe_247 for sig, he is welcome to sail with the Captain too!

I will win all of the fantasy cafe games.....next year
JasonSeahorn
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby stomperrob » Wed Nov 07, 2007 1:07 pm

...and yet as exciting as AD is to watch, the Vikings still have problems selling tickets???

Little return

Tailback Adrian Peterson's 296-yard performance Sunday against San Diego has not impacted the Vikings' box office. As of Tuesday, the team still had 5,000 tickets remaining for its Nov. 18 home game against Oakland and 6,500 left for the Dec. 2 game against Detroit.

"Everybody thinks it had to be going crazy on the ticket sales front [but] there hasn't been that type of reaction," said Steve LaCroix, Vikings vice president of sales and marketing. "We haven't moved the dial a whole lot."

Twice this season, the Vikings have needed corporate aid to sell out the Metrodome and avoid a local television blackout. Assuming another bailout is "dangerous," LaCroix said.

"The mountain to climb is bigger this time," he added.

Meanwhile, Peterson was named NFC offensive player of the week for the second time this season.

By Kevin Seifert, Star Tribune
Last update: November 06, 2007 – 8:56 PM

Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)

Postby LS2throwed » Wed Nov 07, 2007 9:43 pm

JasonSeahorn wrote:yeah i agree with eaglesfan, joe thomas is probably a big reason why the browns can run/pass the ball effectively this year

That is correct, its one of those things where its not a "bad" pick, LT is one of the most important positions to have and if you dont have one you want to make sure you get one when you have a chance to, but I was one of the people who felt they should of taken AD, needing a rb and being able to take one who I felt would play great outside in the snow during the seasons stretch, and went LT later...They need a future rb of the team, and just my personal opinion, but I feel like with the talent AD is, if you add that with their already potent offense they have enough pieces to win a superbowl in place...Joe Staley was taken later in the first rd and has played pretty well, now I know its in hindsight and you could probably do the same with alot of other teams looking back at the draft...But if it werent for the injury concern, he would of been to much of a talent to pass up on, and im willing to bet that was enough to scare off those teams ahead of Minnesota
Current Cafe Dynasties:
4th and Goal
Fourth & Inches
Double D
Any Given Dynasty
Eat Cheese Dynasty
NFL's Finest
Cafe Very Special Forces
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby Azrael » Sat Nov 10, 2007 11:34 pm

If Peterson can stay healthy, I can really see him pushing for the rushing record. He faces the likes of Oakland (30th), Denver (32nd), Chicago (26th and already posted a 224yard game against them), and SF (24th). He plays Green Bay this week who he posted 112 yards against on just 12 carries. Washing, NYG, and Detroit could give him problems though.
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

Postby DraftDodger » Sun Nov 11, 2007 12:26 am

eaglesfan wrote:I don't think Cleveland is kicking themselves...there actually in the playoff hunt this year

That they are but it has nothing to do with Brady Quinn, so if they're not kicking themselves, they ought to be.
DraftDodger
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Writer

Postby aaawall91 » Sun Nov 11, 2007 12:35 am

why? Because they are grooming a QB for the future and in the mean time they actually got a QB who could win Cleveland some games (sounds like Brees/Rivers in San Diego few years ago). Quinn hasn't be given a chance to show what he has got...to say the ought to be kicking themselves on someone who is being groomed is just crazy! not matter how you feel about Quinn.
aaawall91
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 62)

Postby DraftDodger » Sun Nov 11, 2007 1:00 am

aaawall91 wrote:why? Because they are grooming a QB for the future and in the mean time they actually got a QB who could win Cleveland some games (sounds like Brees/Rivers in San Diego few years ago). Quinn hasn't be given a chance to show what he has got...to say the ought to be kicking themselves on someone who is being groomed is just crazy! not matter how you feel about Quinn.

I feel that the Browns made a wise choice and that Quinn is going to be a great player, but that doesn't mean I wouldn't be upset on passing up Peterson. And Derek is probably too good. If you deal him away next year and Quinn tanks or gets injured, you piss off the fans and look like an idiot. If he starts again and loses a couple games, the fans and the media will blame you for not starting Quinn. There is going to be a huge quarterback controversy in Cleveland in the near future, don't think there's not. The "Quarterback of the Future" sounds like nothing but a bad joke when your starter is doing such a great job. He's two years older than Quinn for God's sake, he's not a Brett Favre nearing the end of his career. Today, not yesterday or tomorrow, Quinn is a wasted pick. That's with hindsight.

Cleveland has its quarterback of the foreseeable future, and it's Derek Anderson.

And I think too that even Cleveland's fans are underestimating this team. Don't be surprised if they beat Pittsburgh this week.
DraftDodger
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Writer

Postby Azrael » Sun Nov 11, 2007 8:06 am

DraftDodger wrote:
aaawall91 wrote:why? Because they are grooming a QB for the future and in the mean time they actually got a QB who could win Cleveland some games (sounds like Brees/Rivers in San Diego few years ago). Quinn hasn't be given a chance to show what he has got...to say the ought to be kicking themselves on someone who is being groomed is just crazy! not matter how you feel about Quinn.

I feel that the Browns made a wise choice and that Quinn is going to be a great player, but that doesn't mean I wouldn't be upset on passing up Peterson. And Derek is probably too good. If you deal him away next year and Quinn tanks or gets injured, you piss off the fans and look like an idiot. If he starts again and loses a couple games, the fans and the media will blame you for not starting Quinn. There is going to be a huge quarterback controversy in Cleveland in the near future, don't think there's not. The "Quarterback of the Future" sounds like nothing but a bad joke when your starter is doing such a great job. He's two years older than Quinn for God's sake, he's not a Brett Favre nearing the end of his career. Today, not yesterday or tomorrow, Quinn is a wasted pick. That's with hindsight.

Cleveland has its quarterback of the foreseeable future, and it's Derek Anderson.

And I think too that even Cleveland's fans are underestimating this team. Don't be surprised if they beat Pittsburgh this week.

I won't be surprised. I will be shocked if they beat the Steelers in Pittsburgh.
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

Postby eaglesfan » Mon Nov 12, 2007 9:56 am

DraftDodger wrote:
eaglesfan wrote:I don't think Cleveland is kicking themselves...there actually in the playoff hunt this year

That they are but it has nothing to do with Brady Quinn, so if they're not kicking themselves, they ought to be.

I know...but if they took AD they wouldn't have gotten Joe Thomas...wasn't Brady like pick 22 :-?
10 Team, H2H, PPR
Lineup:
E. Manning - T. Romo
W. Welker - R. Cobb - H. Nicks
M. Forte - D. Sproles - CJ Spiller - S. Ridley
J. Finley - K. Rudolph
M. Bryant
Arizona - Green Bay
eaglesfan
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker

Postby skibrett15 » Mon Nov 12, 2007 11:53 am

eaglesfan wrote:
DraftDodger wrote:

I know...but if they took AD they wouldn't have gotten Joe Thomas...wasn't Brady like pick 22 :-?

It's Joe Thomas/Brady Quinn or Peterson/Joe Staley. I think they would be better off with peterson/staley. Peterson is probably the best player in the draft, why would you not regret taking him even if he isn't your biggest need. Getting a player like peterson is much more important than Joe Thomas. That said, getting a pick right in the first place is good, and beggars can't be choosers. The browns should be pleased with their pick.

We definitely have a drew brees phillip rivers situation in cleveland.
ADMIN edit: please note that the overall sig limit is 12k - thanks!
(Thanks Leber)
AIM is like multiplayer notepad
skibrett15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk