Frustrated Maroney owners check in here - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Frustrated Maroney owners check in here

Moderator: Football Moderators

Frustrated Maroney owners check in here

Postby gtgrad95 » Sun Nov 04, 2007 7:26 pm

I just don't understand anymore. This guy gives it his all everytime he touches the ball, gets 5 yards a carry, yet watching Patriots games is an exercise in frustration. Everytime you look Kevin Faulk is in there. This happens on first and 10s and other obvious running downs. I can accept the fact that Faulk is a 3rd down back and comes in on passing plays. But why is he in there on whole serieses at a time?? Also, I don't understand why Brady is in a freakin' shotgun on 80% of their plays. How can you even run the ball on those silly draws? I think not having your best player out there and instead having some 33 year old fart running the ball is going to come back and bite Belichick in the a$$.
gtgrad95
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Frustrated Maroney owners check in here

Postby Mazz » Sun Nov 04, 2007 8:00 pm

Yeah keeping your running backs fresh is really gonna bite belichick in the ass.
Mazz
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby wiploc » Sun Nov 04, 2007 8:52 pm

Mazz wrote:Yeah keeping your running backs fresh is really gonna bite belichick in the ass.

What is he keeping them fresh for, the next pass to Moss? :-)

Also frustrated Maroney seemed to get yanked for Faulk most of the game even though he was looking pretty good, I was hoping he'd have a good game so I could maybe trade him for some help at another position. Not sure what the thinking is, wondering if Maroney isn't one of Belichick's favorite players or they just don't trust his health yet or what. They gave him the token carry inside the 5 but that's about it. Can't argue too much when they win every game I guess.
wiploc
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby DraftDodger » Sun Nov 04, 2007 9:49 pm

Faulk has been around a lot longer, and I'm sure the coaches have more confidence in him not to cough up the ball, and to make the right decisions on passing plays. If you fool Maroney a couple of times that you wouldn't have fooled Faulk, that could be the difference in a close game. Obviously the coaches feel either that Faulk warrants more playing time than we'd expect, or that Maroney health-wise or mind-wise isn't quite as far along as they'd like.

Belichick probably doesn't play fantasy football :-D
DraftDodger
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Writer

Postby Popcynical » Sun Nov 04, 2007 11:11 pm

I was debating starting Ryan Grant over him, and I should have.
Popcynical
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Smizzy » Mon Nov 05, 2007 1:52 am

Kevin Faulk is one of if not the best 3rd down back in the NFL. Maroney got banged up last yr and has been fighting injuries all season....BB had 3 RB's who could carry the load...why force it all on Maroney's already sore shoulder? I can see FF owners being frustrated but from a football perspective...It's genius. Thier stud Maroney will be fresh come playoff time and run wild to the Super bowl...and thats the point,isn't it?

Ps..I'm a Jets fan.
Smizzy
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Return to Football Talk