Everybody Cheats...Even the Colts - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Everybody Cheats...Even the Colts

Moderator: Football Moderators

Everybody Cheats...Even the Colts

Postby Kilroy » Mon Nov 05, 2007 9:27 am

From the Sporting News:

4. Milli Vanilli moment in Indy?

In the past, teams that have visited the RCA Dome have questioned whether the Colts pipe in artificial crowd noise in an effort to disrupt the road team's offense. Though the Colts have denied any such chicanery (thanks, Tiki), the suspicions remain.

And the suspicions will only grow stronger after Sunday's game against the Patriots. During the first play of the fourth quarter, the noise from the crowd contained a strange effect. It almost sounded like my kid was working the "Whammy Bar" while playing Guitar Hero.

We don't know whether that noise could be heard in the stadium, but it was obvious on the television broadcast. And it invites speculation as to whether the Colts are indeed piping in phony music -- and whether there was a malfunction of some sort on Sunday that offered proof of it.

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
Kilroy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Everybody Cheats...Even the Colts

Postby ScrappyDoo » Mon Nov 05, 2007 9:56 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QHQTcFQEMXo

Haha owned. Colts dont cheat, Colts dont cheat. Pats are classless, Pats are classless.

WAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

CHEATERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ScrappyDoo
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby thedude » Mon Nov 05, 2007 10:44 am

It is funny because the the broadcasters had remarked earlier in the game how it was "amazing" how the Colts fans were so loud when the other team was on the field, but silent when Manning was on the field. :-b
thedude
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby TheDiplomats » Mon Nov 05, 2007 11:17 am

Wow, how classic is this.

Colts fans were the main people jeering at the Pats earlier this year about how the Colts team was so classy. Piping crowd noise is worse then stealing signals. If that noise was heard inside the RCA dome, then its pretty clear they were cheating.
TheDiplomats
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby mikus » Mon Nov 05, 2007 11:24 am

How come the mainstream media is not picking up on this?
Thanks to madaslives911 for the sweet sig!
The Hazean: Fantasy football galore
mikus
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Location: Same place as every other blogger: My Mom's basement. That is where bloggers work, right?

Postby SniperShot » Mon Nov 05, 2007 11:24 am

thedude wrote:It is funny because the the broadcasters had remarked earlier in the game how it was "amazing" how the Colts fans were so loud when the other team was on the field, but silent when Manning was on the field. :-b
I also noticed this. Nantz and Simms were commenting on how awesome the Indy fans are to keep the noise up for so long during the games and be so quiet when Manning is on the field.

I also noticed the weirdo sound during the game too. It sounded like something (a sound clip or something) was caught looping or something and then quickly faded out. I thought it might have been then broadcast (CBS's fault) but Nantz was calling the play and he sounded fine at the time. It was really, really, really strange.

People are saying in the youtube comments they were at the game and it sounded fine and this was a CBS problem. But if it was in fact a CBS problem with their on field sound feed why did Nantz sound fine through it? Usually sound problems broadcast side involve resetting ALL the feeds when one loops or screws up. Had one of CBS's on field mics malfunctioned they most likely would have reset everything including commentator feed. This never happened which is a strong indication this was not a CBS error in my opinion.
Last edited by SniperShot on Mon Nov 05, 2007 11:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
SniperShot
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 14)

Postby FatFoot » Mon Nov 05, 2007 11:24 am

We noticed that... it sounded like a cd was skipping. We all laughed about it... so lame. :)
FatFoot
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby thedude » Mon Nov 05, 2007 11:31 am

mikus wrote:How come the mainstream media is not picking up on this?

The sporting news isn't mainstream?
thedude
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby PMoneyTKE » Mon Nov 05, 2007 11:37 am

This is retarded, I was at the game and didn't hear anything like that. If any of you ever came to the dome or the city itself on gamedays you'd realize its just nuts. Then throw in the fact that yesterday was basically the biggest regular season game ever and it was even more nuts. I had to call in to work today because I barely have a voice. I laughed that they reported this and "weren't sure if it was like that in person but it sure sounded like it on TV". Gimme a break...
Boobies
PMoneyTKE
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby FatFoot » Mon Nov 05, 2007 11:45 am

I'm curious (just a curiosity, not anything important)... did any Colts players or coaches speak up about the Patriots stealing signs? Anyone got a link to something like that?
FatFoot
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye

Next

Return to Football Talk