Everybody Cheats...Even the Colts - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Everybody Cheats...Even the Colts

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Everybody Cheats...Even the Colts

Postby Patchell » Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:08 pm

gtabaplayr wrote:You are pretty off-base with your comments here. While crowd noise is natural, pumping-up the crowd noise artifically certainly gives the home team an advantage particularly dome teams - I'm not sure how any unbiased observer could argue otherwise (whether the Colts were guilty of this is still not clear, but if they did then it's a violation of league rules).

I don't deny that. I'm just saying what the Pats did was much worse. If the Colts did pump artificial noise into the Dome it is cheating, I won't deny that. However what the Colts were doing was just merely enhancing a natural effect, vs the Pats acquiring an advantage no-one else has.

gtabaplayr wrote:Futhermore, apparently you aren't very familiar with the Pats-Colts rivarly in recent years. Polian and the Colts front office complain more than any other team in the NFL. Remember all of the complaining about DB downfield contact leading up to the Pats-Colts playoff game several years ago, which resulted in a rule change and began a new offensive era in the NFL? A great number of people around the NFL want to see Polian get pay-back for all of his years of complaining and manipulation. Also, I belive that the article said that Johnathan Kraft filed a greivance with the league, so apparently they didn't just go to the media.

To say this wasn't leaked to the Media in someway, or presented in a fashion so the media would jump on it is ridiculous especially when:

"A Patriots spokesman said Monday the team plans no formal protest to the league."

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/nfl_ex ... =nfl,52422

gtabaplayr wrote:I heard somewhere that they hear the skip on the radio as well, so maybe it wasn't isolated to CBS. Regardless, I dont think anything will come of this whether they did it or not because it's diffcult to prove. Atleast this will most likely put an end to this practice in the future for all teams due to the publicity received from this incident- which is enough for me.

All that is left is a conspiracy theory.
Patchell
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) DrafterMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Patchell » Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:10 pm

ScrappyDoo wrote:Im not angry at all. Sox won the series. Celts and Pats have 0 losses. Im pretty happy. I just find it ironic that the Colts fans bashing the Pats are now looking like hypocrites and are finding excuses.

If I were mad, I WOULD TALK LIKE THIS AND USE MAD FACES LIKE THIS

:-b Well thats good, no need to have a heart attack.

But like I said, all you have is a conspiracy theory now.
Patchell
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) DrafterMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby gtabaplayr » Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:39 pm

Well I'm glad the league squashed this early since it appears to have just been a CBS issue. The Colts have been alleged of pumping up the crowd noise in the past so I can see why people may have thought there was some merit to covering this story.

I'm so sick of discussing and hearing about all of these off-the-field scandels. ESPN can almost pass for E!news half the time. We should be talking about the insane amount of return TDs yesterday or the Brown's impressive season.
gtabaplayr
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby PMoneyTKE » Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:45 pm

gtabaplayr wrote:I'm so sick of discussing and hearing about all of these off-the-field scandels. ESPN can almost pass for E!news half the time. We should be talking about the insane amount of return TDs yesterday or the Brown's impressive season.

True dat ;-D
Boobies
PMoneyTKE
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby mikus » Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:53 pm

gtabaplayr wrote:I heard somewhere that they hear the skip on the radio as well, so maybe it wasn't isolated to CBS. Regardless, I dont think anything will come of this whether they did it or not because it's diffcult to prove. Atleast this will most likely put an end to this practice in the future for all teams due to the publicity received from this incident- which is enough for me.

Just wanted to clear this up about hearing it on the radio ...

Westwood One, which broadcasts the NFL games across the country on Sundays, is run by CBS.

Source
Thanks to madaslives911 for the sweet sig!
The Hazean: Fantasy football galore
mikus
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Location: Same place as every other blogger: My Mom's basement. That is where bloggers work, right?

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Mon Nov 05, 2007 4:30 pm

I love how certain fans open their mouths before the evidence for or against something starts rolling in. Patriots accuse the Colts of something and all the sudden it's legit. Someone hears something on Youtube and, naturally, it's enough evidence to stamp the Colts as cheaters.

Some of you opened your mouths just largely enough to insert both feet, Pats fans. Why is it that some of you do such a horrible job of representing your team? The Pats should be a proud franchise, with humble fans who respect the game of football. These days, many of you are acting quite obnoxious. You're either too busy pointing fingers at everyone else when your own team is correctly labeled a cheater, or you're desperately trying to convince yourselves, and others, that your team, and coach, have class. It must be a glorious time for all of you. 9-0 to start the year, three Super Bowl rings to start the decade and you're labeled one of the least classy teams in the league outside of the Raiders. It's a pity that 20 years from now, when Brady and Belichick are retired, we'll look back on the Patriots legacy and remember your Super Bowl rings almost as often as we'll remember Videogate, The Tuck Rule and one of the least respectful coaches of the modern era.

I suppose that's why some Patriots fans are often so quick to open their mouths before thinking - they have to defend something that's almost indefensible. They can't deny that their own team is one of the least likeable teams in the league and that their coach is one of the biggest jerks in pro sports. Three Super Bowl rings and some of you still feel like you have something to prove to the world. It's like you have a hole that's so filled with pride you can't find a way to fill it no matter how many rings you win. At least Raiders fans embrace who they are. Patriots fans can't even claim that. They're too busy trying to defend their wrongdoings by claiming everyone else is just as bad as they are. 20 years from now and the Patriots will still be remembered for the things they couldn't win on the football field.
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby mikus » Mon Nov 05, 2007 4:36 pm

It really is a shame that the Patriots have earned such a negative reputation around the country, because Tom Brady is going down in history as one of the best quarterbacks EVER to play the game. I am not a Pats fan, but I really like watching Brady play, and I am kind of sad to see his reputation tarnished by factors out of his control.
Thanks to madaslives911 for the sweet sig!
The Hazean: Fantasy football galore
mikus
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Location: Same place as every other blogger: My Mom's basement. That is where bloggers work, right?

Postby gtabaplayr » Mon Nov 05, 2007 5:55 pm

Dr. Duran Duran wrote:I love how certain fans open their mouths before the evidence for or against something starts rolling in. Patriots accuse the Colts of something and all the sudden it's legit. Someone hears something on Youtube and, naturally, it's enough evidence to stamp the Colts as cheaters.

Some of you opened your mouths just largely enough to insert both feet, Pats fans. Why is it that some of you do such a horrible job of representing your team? The Pats should be a proud franchise, with humble fans who respect the game of football. These days, many of you are acting quite obnoxious. You're either too busy pointing fingers at everyone else when your own team is correctly labeled a cheater, or you're desperately trying to convince yourselves, and others, that your team, and coach, have class. It must be a glorious time for all of you. 9-0 to start the year, three Super Bowl rings to start the decade and you're labeled one of the least classy teams in the league outside of the Raiders. It's a pity that 20 years from now, when Brady and Belichick are retired, we'll look back on the Patriots legacy and remember your Super Bowl rings almost as often as we'll remember Videogate, The Tuck Rule and one of the least respectful coaches of the modern era.

I suppose that's why some Patriots fans are often so quick to open their mouths before thinking - they have to defend something that's almost indefensible. They can't deny that their own team is one of the least likeable teams in the league and that their coach is one of the biggest jerks in pro sports. Three Super Bowl rings and some of you still feel like you have something to prove to the world. It's like you have a hole that's so filled with pride you can't find a way to fill it no matter how many rings you win. At least Raiders fans embrace who they are. Patriots fans can't even claim that. They're too busy trying to defend their wrongdoings by claiming everyone else is just as bad as they are. 20 years from now and the Patriots will still be remembered for the things they couldn't win on the football field.

It's tough to talk about class when you pretty much just attacked the entire Patriots organization and lumped their entire fanbase into one category. Every team has its irrational fans, fans that usually only come out when things are going good. Some Pats fans did jump to conclusions and make asinine comments looking for some type of vengence, the same way many fans were jumping all over the Patriots trying to discredit all of their victories. It's pretty easy to see why some fans jumped on this story since the Colts had been accussed of such tactics in the past (similar to the Patriots with video-taping signals), so I understand where they were coming from. People jump to conclusions wayyyy to often with incomplete and even down right wrong information you are acting like it's isolated to only Patriots fans.
gtabaplayr
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Mon Nov 05, 2007 6:25 pm

gtabaplayr wrote:
Dr. Duran Duran wrote:I love how certain fans open their mouths before the evidence for or against something starts rolling in. Patriots accuse the Colts of something and all the sudden it's legit. Someone hears something on Youtube and, naturally, it's enough evidence to stamp the Colts as cheaters.

It's tough to talk about class when you pretty much just attacked the entire Patriots organization and lumped their entire fanbase into one category.

Yeah, I clearly lumped ALL Patriots fans into one big category.
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Yoda » Mon Nov 05, 2007 6:52 pm

So hilarious Pats fans pointing fingers now... This is what is going on over at the baseball forums also. No class whatsoever.
Yoda
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Baseball

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk