College RB's - Who will be the best in the pro's? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

College RB's - Who will be the best in the pro's?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: College RB's - Who will be the best in the pro's?

Postby steelerfan513 » Tue Nov 06, 2007 11:10 pm

tclangham wrote:
JasonSeahorn wrote:the 49ers are gonna end up with a horrible record and the patriots are gonna draft mcfadden ;-D

It makes no sense why the Patriots would still be able to get this pick. It looks like it will be a top 10 pick for a team that will atleast make the AFC championship game. It just sickens me how the rich get richer.

Last I checked you can't undo trades because it gives a good team a good draft pick. Blame the 49ers for sucking.
Kudos to Leber for the amazing sig and to Metroid for the userbar and making them both fit
2008 and 2009 Defunct Dynasty League Champion
steelerfan513
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby tecmobowl12 » Wed Nov 07, 2007 12:13 am

Knowshon Moreno (Georgia)
tecmobowl12
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby CC » Wed Nov 07, 2007 12:48 pm

tecmobowl12 wrote:Knowshon Moreno (Georgia)

He's a redshirt freshman and is not eligible to declare for the draft this year, so he doesn't factor into the discussion.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Boozer » Wed Nov 07, 2007 3:46 pm

I honestly believe Cory Boyd (South Carolina) will make a great transition into an NFL back and be a mid round steal. He should go first day but if not, he is a steal in the second. He runs with speed, power, and can break tackles like no other. It is a shame he plays behind an O-line who can't block a thing!

Not the best, but he will do well if given a chance!
Boozer
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby RocketsDWM » Wed Nov 07, 2007 7:03 pm

Boozer wrote:I honestly believe Cory Boyd (South Carolina) will make a great transition into an NFL back and be a mid round steal. He should go first day but if not, he is a steal in the second. He runs with speed, power, and can break tackles like no other. It is a shame he plays behind an O-line who can't block a thing!

Not the best, but he will do well if given a chance!

Who would you compare him to in the NFL?
RocketsDWM
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicGraphics ExpertEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Max Power » Wed Nov 07, 2007 8:40 pm

Mendenhall is the guy you need to target. Kid has some of the strongest legs out there. Not a tall guy, but a good 220. Brad Evans is in love with him. Calls him Travis Henry without the kids,drugs and injuries.
Oh, people can come up with statistics to prove anything, Kent. Fourty percent of people know that.
Max Power
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby CC » Wed Nov 07, 2007 8:42 pm

Max Power wrote:Mendenhall is the guy you need to target. Kid has some of the strongest legs out there. Not a tall guy, but a good 220. Brad Evans is in love with him. Calls him Travis Henry without the kids,drugs and injuries.

I agree, Mendenhall should be a great NFL back.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby sappisgod » Thu Nov 08, 2007 7:26 am

CC wrote:Felix Jones is McFadden's backup but has over 1000 yards and is averaging more YPC than DMC this year, I think he will go back to school next year and get a chance to carry the load.

Mendenhall should be a nice NFL back and is having a great season at Illinois, he is debatable to come out this year, but he should be a late 1st kind of guy.

Jones will probably come out IMO. Unless he's big on the school, he shouldn't come back. He's got 1000 yards, like you mentioned, he's got an NCAA best 9+ YPC (insane!), he's a great return man, and he'll open some eyes at the combine. He might not be a top 15 pick, but he'd definitely go 1st round. I think he'd be like Joe Addai who fell into a perfect situation and did great. Going some place like Green Bay, look out.

Mendenhall a 1st this year? I doubt it. If you mean next year, I definitely agree.
sappisgod
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby CC » Thu Nov 08, 2007 3:54 pm

sappisgod wrote:
CC wrote:Felix Jones is McFadden's backup but has over 1000 yards and is averaging more YPC than DMC this year, I think he will go back to school next year and get a chance to carry the load.

Mendenhall should be a nice NFL back and is having a great season at Illinois, he is debatable to come out this year, but he should be a late 1st kind of guy.

Jones will probably come out IMO. Unless he's big on the school, he shouldn't come back. He's got 1000 yards, like you mentioned, he's got an NCAA best 9+ YPC (insane!), he's a great return man, and he'll open some eyes at the combine. He might not be a top 15 pick, but he'd definitely go 1st round. I think he'd be like Joe Addai who fell into a perfect situation and did great. Going some place like Green Bay, look out.

Mendenhall a 1st this year? I doubt it. If you mean next year, I definitely agree.

I think either way he will be a first, he is the type of guy that will kill in workouts.
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby sappisgod » Thu Nov 08, 2007 6:19 pm

CC wrote:I think either way he will be a first, he is the type of guy that will kill in workouts.

How much will that mean though? McFadden, Stewart, and Jones will have amazing workouts as well. Slaton and Davis should have some nice ones too. Who knows with guys like Rice and Charles, maybe they do alright for themselves as well. RB is just too loaded in the NFL. Who in the 2nd half of round 1 will take a RB? Maybes include: Packers, Lions, Seahawks. Lions will likely pick too high to think about Mendenhall. The other two aren't locks to take RBs, but you'd think Felix would go to one of them. Felix, who is more impressive right now than Mendenhall and is a great return man, would be barely a 1st rounder. Mendenhall I think will get pushed down by (potentially, with juniors declaring) a very good OT class and a GREAT CB class. Both take precedent over RB, especially when you've got guys like Tashard Choice waiting in the 2nd.
sappisgod
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk