Bye Bye Baltimore D/ST - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Bye Bye Baltimore D/ST

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Bye Bye Baltimore D/ST

Postby Flyn high again » Tue Nov 06, 2007 9:43 am

Baltimore is a shell of what they were the past few years. Injuries, age and an offense that keeps the defense on the field way too much have hurt them.

I can't have a DEF that scores negative numbers or even one that scores less than ten points nearly every week. Baltimore is gone. I also picked up Seattle since they were the best of what was available.
Go Bears!
Flyn high again
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby LS2throwed » Tue Nov 06, 2007 11:40 am

San Diego, Minnesota, Tennessee, New England all look like great plays down the stretch, they dont allow alot of points, create turnovers and score points
Current Cafe Dynasties:
4th and Goal
Fourth & Inches
Double D
Any Given Dynasty
Eat Cheese Dynasty
NFL's Finest
Cafe Very Special Forces
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby daullaz » Tue Nov 06, 2007 11:56 am

Baltimore is ranked in the middle of the pack in my league (17 out of 32), so I'm dropping them. I had already picked up turnover-machine Detroit a few weeks ago and thankfully started them this week against Denver.
daullaz
Head Scribe
Head Scribe

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 38)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Flyn high again » Tue Nov 06, 2007 5:52 pm

LS2throwed wrote:San Diego, Minnesota, Tennessee, New England all look like great plays down the stretch, they dont allow alot of points, create turnovers and score points

Unfortunately, in my league, they are taken, taken, taken and taken. Seattle was the best available D. I would have grabbed any one of these over Seattle if possible. ;-)
Go Bears!
Flyn high again
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby The Lung » Tue Nov 06, 2007 10:54 pm

Allow me to get up on my soapbox.

This is why Cafe members preach every year to draft your defenses and kickers in the late rounds, if not the very last two rounds of your drafts!

Top defensive units rarely repeat from year to year and using a 5th-9th round pick on a defense is AN ENORMOUS waste of draft value!

The Tennessee Titans, Minnesota Vikings & Pittsburgh Steelers are likely the top defenses in most formats and all three of these could have been picked up on waivers in the beginning of the year.

May all the people who drafted the Chicago or Baltimore defense in the 5th or 6th round and are floundering finally learn their lesson. ;-D
(~);}

(~);}
The Lung

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 72)

Postby lsufan » Tue Nov 06, 2007 11:15 pm

I took the Bears in the 8th round and I have been around the Cafe since 2003. Trust me when I say this. I will not draft a defense that early ever again.
lsufan
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Previous

Return to Football Talk