Why H2H sucks - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Why H2H sucks

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Why H2H sucks

Postby beanoX3 » Tue Nov 06, 2007 12:17 pm

Roto football would kinda suck, as only a few stats can be applied across all the offensive skill positions. :-b
The cake is a lie.
beanoX3
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Home Cafe: Football

Postby CC » Tue Nov 06, 2007 12:40 pm

mikus wrote:Does Roto football not exist? I am not sure, I never would consider doing Roto football. But if it does exist, then why play H2H if you do not like it so much?

Because it would be boring as hell is my guess. You may not like the way H2H is structured, but with all of the games happening on one day (exception MNF) in football, it does make for much more exciting matchups. In baseball (H2H or roto) having A-Rod go 0-5 with 5 K's sucks, but it isn't going to cripple you for the week, if LT rushes for 8 yards and fumbles twice you are likely done. On the flip side, a 4 HR Ryan Howard outing is sweet, but you can easily lose as stats accumulate over the course of the week or season, whereas when AD has 300 yards and 3 TDs he is likely going to propel your team to victory.

It's just a lot more exciting this way.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby interchange » Tue Nov 06, 2007 12:58 pm

WickedSmaat wrote:Maybe it's just karma for naming your team.

LOL. It's just a league of friends, so I changed my name because I'm playing nesticles this week.

For the record, I really don't think H2H sucks. Sorry to sound bitchy. I just thought it was amuzing how unlucky you can get in the game.
interchange
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby shawngee03 » Tue Nov 06, 2007 2:03 pm

on teh flip side, check out team america...he seems to win every week by a point or less....i hate him so much :-b . second place and he has teh 4th lowest point total out of 14 teams

1. Team Trixi 7-2-0 1120.46
2. Afternoon Delight 7-2-0 929.24
3. Team America 6-3-0 875.00
4. TEAM RUN N SHOOT 5-4-0 1002.65
5. Doobie 5-4-0 960.19
6. Little Brittle 5-4-0 888.70
7. Not your avg Joey 4-5-0 943.93
8. Crank Dat Soulja Boy 4-5-0 894.25
9. Team Johnson 4-5-0 893.62
10. Coushatta Kid 4-5-0 876.45
11. Peaches 4-5-0 804.16
12. Stiff Green Lizzard 4-5-0 792.48
13. Team Welker (Jobu) 3-6-0 898.25
14. Colonel Stinkfist 1-8-0 703.05
shawngee03
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby The Lung » Tue Nov 06, 2007 11:05 pm

Maybe you've never heard of Victory Points which is what is used at MyFantasyLeague.com - these are optional points used to minimize this luck factor in fantasy football.

The idea behind the H2H Victory Point Leagues is simple :

* Total Point Leagues are not fun. After about half the season, most teams don't have a chance and are no longer interested.

* Head-to-Head matchups are exciting, but sometimes are unfair. Each year, you see several leagues where a team with very high total points is struggling to make the playoffs. You would think that a team with high total points should be a lock for the playoffs, but it's not always true. Looking at the Head-to-Head matchups, for teams like this, you can see the problem. The high scoring team lost 2 (or more) games during the regular season when they scored the second highest points. That's the "luck" factor.

Here's how it works:

* The League standings are kept with league points instead of wins and losses.

* Each week you play head-to-head like normal leagues. A win awards your team with 2 League Points, and a loss no points.

* Each week, the teams are ordered by total fantasy points scored during that week. League points are also awarded for having high scores.

10-team league Victory Point assignment :

High Score - 2 League Points
2nd - 2 League Points
3rd - 2 League Points
4th - 1 League Point
5th - 1 League Point
6th - 1 League Point
7th - 1 League Point
8th - 0 League Points
9th - 0 League Points
10th - 0 League Points

12-team league Victory Point assignment :

High Score - 2 League Points
2nd - 2 League Points
3rd - 2 League Points
4th - 2 League Points
5th - 1 League Point
6th - 1 League Point
7th - 1 League Point
8th - 1 League Point
9th - 0 League Points
10th - 0 League Points
11th - 0 League Points
12th - 0 League Points

If you get the second highest score and lose, you still get 2 league points.

Now, you can still trash talk and take on your archrival in Head-to-Head play. If you win, great. If you lose and scored high, you still get points. That nice high score is no longer wasted - it counts.

At the end of the season, the teams with the most League Points make the playoffs. It's that simple!
(~);}

(~);}
The Lung

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 61)

Postby bulger2holt » Wed Nov 07, 2007 12:19 am

I hate when the worst team has their season high against you. Every other week you would destroy them, except that particular week when they are playing you. I was looking at the breakdowns, and I am 8-1 against that team, and yep, the '1' was against me. The only friggen week they could have beat me. My 5-4 would look alot better at 6-3
bulger2holt
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby matmat » Wed Nov 07, 2007 4:16 am

can't you have Roto H2H?
How is my typing? Call 1-555-382-5968
Many posters could benefit from this.
matmat
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby ampant » Wed Nov 07, 2007 10:58 am

Meh. H2H keeps it fun, because anybody can win on any given week. It is also closer to actual football scoring. Look at the NFL standings. There are plenty of teams with wirnning records with fewer points fielded and more points allowed than teams with worse records.

This year is sucking for me. . . I have the highest point total in my division (the next highest has 70 fewer points) and I am tied for last place.

But dem's da breaks. It's a different style of play. If you don't like it, I figure you just don't play in a H2H league next year.

I'm fine with it. Win or lose, H2H is the style I prefer. ;-D
It's time to put down the crack-pipe and step away from the keyboard.
ampant
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 16)

Postby matmat » Wed Nov 07, 2007 12:16 pm

ampant wrote:Meh. H2H keeps it fun, because anybody can win on any given week. It is also closer to actual football scoring. Look at the NFL standings. There are plenty of teams with wirnning records with fewer points fielded and more points allowed than teams with worse records.

that's because real teams have defenses that can, to a certain extent, negate opponents' high scoring players.

maybe i sound like a broken record... why can't head to head be rotisserie scoring?
How is my typing? Call 1-555-382-5968
Many posters could benefit from this.
matmat
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Bowie » Wed Nov 07, 2007 12:30 pm

H2H is like everything else. It sucks when you lose.
I am so smart. S-M-R-T
Bowie Beginner
Head Coach
Head Coach

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk