Rest of the Way: Steve Smith or Roy Williams?? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Rest of the Way: Steve Smith or Roy Williams??

Moderator: Football Moderators

Rest of the Way: Steve Smith or Roy Williams??

Postby flyguys20 » Tue Nov 06, 2007 2:31 pm

Which of these 2 underperforming WRs would you rather have in your lineup for the rest of the '07 season, and why?

Thanks!
flyguys20
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 10)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Rest of the Way: Steve Smith or Roy Williams??

Postby Flux » Tue Nov 06, 2007 2:37 pm

Smith in my opinion is the better talent and is much more proven.

That said, Carr and Vinny have no business being starting QBs at this point. Carr holds the ball waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too long, and Vinny is servicable for a half but then gets hurt. Smith has put up horrid numbers since Delhomme got hurt, and there is no reason to think anything will change.

Roy - while he hasnt had the most outstanding season so far, he is on a team that is playing well, and has finally balanced out its offense. They arent throwing 50 times a game like they were at the begining of the season, but that is actually a good thing. It means less hits on Kitna, and it makes the D respect the run and not just drop everybody back. Roy still is the best talent on DET at WR, and its only a matter of time until he starts to have a bigger impact.

Roy would be the way to go for me ;-D
Flux
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby mikus » Tue Nov 06, 2007 2:44 pm

I, too, would rather have Roy the rest of the way. The difference b/w them, IMO, is the stability at quarterback. I trust Kitna much more than Carr or Vinny.
Thanks to madaslives911 for the sweet sig!
The Hazean: Fantasy football galore
mikus
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Location: Same place as every other blogger: My Mom's basement. That is where bloggers work, right?

Postby deerayfan072 » Tue Nov 06, 2007 2:50 pm

I agree it has to be Roy.

Roy So Far

4 rec 20 yards 1 TD
7 rec 111 yards 1 TD
9 Rec 204 yards 1 TD
6 Rec 53 yards
3 Rec 36 yards
BYE
3 Rec 23 yards
8 Rec 77 Yards
3 Rec 44 yards

Smith So far

7 Rec 118 Yards 1 TD
8 Rec 153 yards 3 TD
1 Rec 10 Yards
5 Rec 32 Yards
4 Rec 47 Yards 1 TD
10 Rec 136 Yards 1 TD
BYE
2 Rec 18 yards
3 Rec 15 yards

Roy's bad games are better than Smiths bad games. Also, the 3 games that Smith had a good game, Delhomme started 2 (he wont be doing that anymore) Vinny started the other (he wont start either). When Carr is in the game Smith's stats are terrible. now if Carr can't go they will have to go to an undrafted FA Quarterback to get him the ball. I don't see his numbers being very good the rest of the season. Part of the reason that Roys stats have gone down is b/c they have tried to be more balanced on offense to make sure that a game like the Redskins happens again, where teams drop 8 all game and they can't move the ball. Expect him to get less double teams and coverage going forward with teams worried about KJ back there and he will get more yards.
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby eagle0588 » Tue Nov 06, 2007 6:30 pm

roy williams. The QB situation in carolina is a mess right now and neither QB seems to know that Steve smith is their only weapon. Stick with williams
eagle0588
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby MEK4178 » Tue Nov 06, 2007 8:38 pm

Roy has to come around...maybe i'm biased because i just traded for him, but i fully expect an explosion soon. Last year he finished with 1300 yards and 7 tds, and he had similar dry spells. He's on a good team coached by mike martz with a good QB, he'll come around.
MEK4178
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Return to Football Talk