OFFICIAL CAFE Top 25 Week 4 - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to College Football

OFFICIAL CAFE Top 25 Week 4

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: OFFICIAL CAFE Top 25 Week 4

Postby mikus » Wed Nov 07, 2007 8:08 pm

Thanks. I definitely judge teams on what they are doing now as opposed to earlier in the season. I had trouble with BC this week, I wanted to put them above Va. Tech and Texas but I could not justify it in my head for some reason b/c it would have meant that Va. Tech and Texas would not have moved up in my poll even though they both won this weekend. I guess I should reconsider that thought process.
Thanks to madaslives911 for the sweet sig!
The Hazean: Fantasy football galore
mikus
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Same place as every other blogger: My Mom's basement. That is where bloggers work, right?

Postby CC » Wed Nov 07, 2007 8:40 pm

statsman88 wrote:
CC wrote:Spaced on sending mine in this week, sorry.

Darn it, no one to argue with this week :-)

And it bothers me a bit that a couple people have Michigan in the top 10. Who have they beaten? They get embarrassed by both Oregon and App St. then go on to play the likes of Minny, Northwestern, MSU, Purdue etc.. in the big 10 and now they are a top 10 team?

As a Michigan fan, we have essentially benefited from everybody else losing as the season has gone on and Michigan winning 8 straight. Definitely not a top 10 calibre team, but about 10 of the top 25 teams wouldn't make the top 25 in an average year.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby knapplc » Wed Nov 07, 2007 11:09 pm

CC wrote:
statsman88 wrote:
CC wrote:Spaced on sending mine in this week, sorry.

Darn it, no one to argue with this week :-)

And it bothers me a bit that a couple people have Michigan in the top 10. Who have they beaten? They get embarrassed by both Oregon and App St. then go on to play the likes of Minny, Northwestern, MSU, Purdue etc.. in the big 10 and now they are a top 10 team?

As a Michigan fan, we have essentially benefited from everybody else losing as the season has gone on and Michigan winning 8 straight. Definitely not a top 10 calibre team, but about 10 of the top 25 teams wouldn't make the top 25 in an average year.

That's exactly why I have them at #9. It's not that Michigan is so great this year, it's that everyone else sucks that much.

And CC - I think about 15-20 of the current top 25 teams wouldn't be top 25 even four years ago. This is a bizarre, bad year in college football.
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Thu Nov 08, 2007 12:43 am

I'm either really good at ranking them or I suck so bad than noone wants to argue with mine.

I can't watch college football all day Saturday and I miss so many games that the only factors I would be considering in my rankings would be the final score. I simply take all the Polls into consideration and rank em how I feel. Sometimes the polls have a team like Hawaii ranked too high so I bump em down past the teams I feel are above em.

One thing I find funny is you can see a small amount of bias in each persons rankings.

I'll use Moon and I as an example.

We all know Moon loves Okla and probably favors the Big 12 over the other conferences. I myself love UCLA and do favor the PAC 10 above the other conferences. Moon has Ok #2 and I have Oregon #2. Ok has beat 2 ranked teams and lost to a horrible Colorado. Oregon has beat 2 ranked teams and lost to Cal. The point is Moon is more biased than I am. :-)

I guess this is why Deeray picked rankers from different conferences to even out the bias. Good times! ;-D
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 79)
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Postby CC » Thu Nov 08, 2007 1:54 am

No matter how big a college football fan you are, the most games you can actually fully devote yourself to watching in a week is 1 on Thursday and 3-4 on Saturday. There is a certain amount of liberty taken with these rankings, even the actual voters only watch a handful of games.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby deerayfan072 » Thu Nov 08, 2007 2:50 pm

CC wrote:No matter how big a college football fan you are, the most games you can actually fully devote yourself to watching in a week is 1 on Thursday and 3-4 on Saturday. There is a certain amount of liberty taken with these rankings, even the actual voters only watch a handful of games.

I do TIVO certain games and watch them later, but for the most part I watch these on Saturdays. I watch the Gators, USF(usually Tivo this one too), OSU, Big Time SEC Game, and a Pac 10 game.
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby deerayfan072 » Thu Nov 08, 2007 2:53 pm

Cowboys 4 life wrote:I'm either really good at ranking them or I suck so bad than noone wants to argue with mine.

I can't watch college football all day Saturday and I miss so many games that the only factors I would be considering in my rankings would be the final score. I simply take all the Polls into consideration and rank em how I feel. Sometimes the polls have a team like Hawaii ranked too high so I bump em down past the teams I feel are above em.

One thing I find funny is you can see a small amount of bias in each persons rankings.

I'll use Moon and I as an example.

We all know Moon loves Okla and probably favors the Big 12 over the other conferences. I myself love UCLA and do favor the PAC 10 above the other conferences. Moon has Ok #2 and I have Oregon #2. Ok has beat 2 ranked teams and lost to a horrible Colorado. Oregon has beat 2 ranked teams and lost to Cal. The point is Moon is more biased than I am. :-)

I guess this is why Deeray picked rankers from different conferences to even out the bias. Good times! ;-D

That is exactly why I picked people that follow different conferences and live in different regions. Some are biased, but for the most part where you live usually dictates what games you watch unless you have a TV package that allows more ( :-D )
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Thu Nov 08, 2007 8:18 pm

Deeray,

I will be in Tahoe this weekend and won't be back till Sunday night. I'll try and get the rankings to you then but it might be Monday evening.

I'll be layin down some cash on a pick 3. Anyone know of 3 solid lines to bet? Hook a PAC Tenny up?
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 79)
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Postby deerayfan072 » Fri Nov 09, 2007 4:52 pm

Cowboys 4 life wrote:Deeray,

I will be in Tahoe this weekend and won't be back till Sunday night. I'll try and get the rankings to you then but it might be Monday evening.

I'll be layin down some cash on a pick 3. Anyone know of 3 solid lines to bet? Hook a PAC Tenny up?

No problem man.

I really like Clemson -9, Kansas - 6, UM -2.5
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby deerayfan072 » Fri Nov 09, 2007 4:56 pm

So I was listening to the radio today and they had Mike Flurio (sp?) on talking about college sports. He said that Hawaii has the weakest SOS not only of the 120 DI schools, but the weakest SOS in the 10 year history of the BCS. That is insane. He also went on to talk about how they have struggled with this schedule.
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

PreviousNext

Return to College Football