OFFICIAL CAFE Top 25 Week 4 - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe


Return to College Football

OFFICIAL CAFE Top 25 Week 4

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: OFFICIAL CAFE Top 25 Week 4

Postby Tavish » Sat Nov 10, 2007 11:20 pm

Those of you with Mizzou outside the Top 10 have way too much man-love with the SEC and PAC-10. The Tigers have a 10 point loss at Oklahoma (where the Sooners have lost two games in 8 years) and a beatdown on the rest of their relatively strong SOS. Seriously, 3 loss Auburn or 3 loss Florida ahead of them?
---..---
Tavish
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

User avatar

Posts: 100
Joined: 3 May 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: OFFICIAL CAFE Top 25 Week 4

Postby deerayfan072 » Sat Nov 10, 2007 11:31 pm

Tavish wrote:Those of you with Mizzou outside the Top 10 have way too much man-love with the SEC and PAC-10. The Tigers have a 10 point loss at Oklahoma (where the Sooners have lost two games in 8 years) and a beatdown on the rest of their relatively strong SOS. Seriously, 3 loss Auburn or 3 loss Florida ahead of them?


Yes, UF could beat them
Image
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 18976
Joined: 15 Apr 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: On an Island

Re: OFFICIAL CAFE Top 25 Week 4

Postby Tavish » Sat Nov 10, 2007 11:34 pm

deerayfan072 wrote:
Tavish wrote:Those of you with Mizzou outside the Top 10 have way too much man-love with the SEC and PAC-10. The Tigers have a 10 point loss at Oklahoma (where the Sooners have lost two games in 8 years) and a beatdown on the rest of their relatively strong SOS. Seriously, 3 loss Auburn or 3 loss Florida ahead of them?


Yes, UF could beat them
Stanford did beat USC, so they should be ahead of USC. Anyone can beat anyone, there really isn't much justification to put any 3-loss team over a 1-loss team when the SOS is relatively similar.
---..---
Tavish
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

User avatar

Posts: 100
Joined: 3 May 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: OFFICIAL CAFE Top 25 Week 4

Postby Free Bagel » Sat Nov 10, 2007 11:41 pm

I agree that Mizzou is a top 10 team but calling their SoS comparable is ridiculous, and saying it's "relatively strong" is a complete joke. Sure, they've only lost to Oklahoma. And they've beaten....who, exactly? The Big 12 is totally top-heavy this year. The middle of the conference is just complete and utter trash. The problem with this is that Mizzou has played only 1 of those top-heavy teams, and they lost that game.

The rest of their schedule is:
Illinois - mediocre
Ole Miss - garbage
Western Michigan - garbage
Illinois State - garbage
Nebraska - garbage
Texas Tech - slightly better than garbage
Iowa State - garbage
Colorado - slightly better than garbage
Texas A&M - garbage

In fact, you guys should've never brought this argument up. After actually looking at things more closely I'm a whole lot less impressed with this team than I thought. Think I'll bump them down a few spots.

The best thing the Big 12 did this year was making sure their elite teams hardly play each other so they can all get ranked highly after beating up the trash that is the middle/bottom of that conference.
Image
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer
Posts: 8495
Joined: 25 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Titletown, FL

Re: OFFICIAL CAFE Top 25 Week 4

Postby knapplc » Sun Nov 11, 2007 12:11 am

Free Bagel wrote:The best thing the Big 12 did this year was making sure their elite teams hardly play each other so they can all get ranked highly after beating up the trash that is the middle/bottom of that conference.

I was at the meeting where they planned all that, too. ;-)
Image
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 18961
Joined: 27 Dec 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: It's an L, not an I

Re: OFFICIAL CAFE Top 25 Week 4

Postby Free Bagel » Sun Nov 11, 2007 12:17 am

knapplc wrote:
Free Bagel wrote:The best thing the Big 12 did this year was making sure their elite teams hardly play each other so they can all get ranked highly after beating up the trash that is the middle/bottom of that conference.

I was at the meeting where they planned all that, too. ;-)


Heh, didn't mean to imply it was intentional. It just worked out nicely that way.
Image
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer
Posts: 8495
Joined: 25 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Titletown, FL

Re: OFFICIAL CAFE Top 25 Week 4

Postby Tavish » Sun Nov 11, 2007 12:31 am

NCAA Football SOS
Oregon - 2
UF - 5
LSU - 9
UGA - 11
VT - 15
Auburn - 22
Mich - 33
BC - 34
ASU - 38
Missouri - 39
OSU - 46
OU - 55
KU - 72
WVU - 75
USC - 95
Hawaii - 120

The differences between MIzzou's and Florida's or Georgia's schedule are much closer than comparing something like Florida or Mizzou to USC. They all have a couple of wins over teams in that 25-35 range and the rest are wins over crap teams. None of them have beaten anyone that are powerhouses.
---..---
Tavish
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

User avatar

Posts: 100
Joined: 3 May 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to College Football

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests

cron
Forums Articles & Tips Start & Sit Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2014 NFL season kicks off in 9:56 hours
(and 43 days)
2014 NFL Schedule


  • Fantasy Football
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact