League Dispute - Waiver Dumping - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Commissioner's Corner

League Dispute - Waiver Dumping

Moderator: Football Moderators

League Dispute - Waiver Dumping

Postby NYNY » Wed Nov 07, 2007 11:01 am

An owner in my league who is 1-8 recently dumped most of his roster on the wire this week. This includes players like Ben Roethlisberger, Laurence Moroney, Shaun Alexander and Calvin Johnson. I did make a claim on one of his players, but didn't expect to get one because I had a #4 claim. In any case, I really don't like this because we are in the middle of a playoff chase and he is giving easy wins to people now. Is this kind of behavior legit? What would you do?
12 Team Yahoo! H-2-H:

QBs: Schaub, Manning
RBs: D. Williams, M. Bush, Moreno, Kuhn, Buckhalter
WRs: R. Moss, S. Smith (NYG), Britt, M. Thomas
TEs: V. Davis
K: M. Bryant
DEF: MIN, TEN
NYNY
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Re: League Dispute - Waiver Dumping

Postby RCR » Wed Nov 07, 2007 12:37 pm

Did he replace these players with WW pick-ups? Other than Roth the others: Alexander, Maroney and an injured Johnson have been killing teams and certainly will NOT provide easy wins to the new owners. Kevin Faulk has essentially the same numbers as Maroney with far less playing time and is still on many WW. Furrey or McDonald are both better point producers than CJ right now. Alexander has 2 more points than Cedric Benson in our league.

However, if he dumped them as a surrender tactic, simply reinstate them and lock out any further roster transactions for that owner. Someone will likely have to manage the line-up to account for the last week of BYEs and any injuries.
RCR
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby NYNY » Wed Nov 07, 2007 12:56 pm

RCR wrote:Did he replace these players with WW pick-ups? Other than Roth the others: Alexander, Maroney and an injured Johnson have been killing teams and certainly will NOT provide easy wins to the new owners. Kevin Faulk has essentially the same numbers as Maroney with far less playing time and is still on many WW. Furrey or McDonald are both better point producers than CJ right now. Alexander has 2 more points than Cedric Benson in our league.

However, if he dumped them as a surrender tactic, simply reinstate them and lock out any further roster transactions for that owner. Someone will likely have to manage the line-up to account for the last week of BYEs and any injuries.

This is the owner's exact words:

"Knowing I was out of the playoffs, I thought why not put the few good players I had on waivers and let those still in this thing have their choice."

Sounds like a surrender to me. What is the right course of action?

I don't really care about the players so much, but just the principal that the players had value and could have been traded. The wire is a last resort.
12 Team Yahoo! H-2-H:

NYNY
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby LS2throwed » Wed Nov 07, 2007 4:26 pm

Commish needs to step in, place those players back on his team, set his lineup, and lock his team from any further moves...no trades/drops/adds...he is basically done, so he doesnt need 2 have any more moves since his trades or adds arent to benefit his team and help his team win..point blank, thats how that should be handled, those other players should not get picked up, this would be a no brainer in our league unless the commish is shady
Current Cafe Dynasties:
4th and Goal
Fourth & Inches
Double D
Any Given Dynasty
Eat Cheese Dynasty
NFL's Finest
Cafe Very Special Forces
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby aqua » Thu Nov 08, 2007 1:38 pm

LS2throwed wrote:Commish needs to step in, place those players back on his team, set his lineup, and lock his team from any further moves...no trades/drops/adds...he is basically done, so he doesnt need 2 have any more moves since his trades or adds arent to benefit his team and help his team win..point blank, thats how that should be handled, those other players should not get picked up, this would be a no brainer in our league unless the commish is shady

Exactly what needs to be done.
aqua
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby BigLaBellski » Thu Nov 08, 2007 10:33 pm

LS2throwed wrote:Commish needs to step in, place those players back on his team, set his lineup, and lock his team from any further moves...no trades/drops/adds...he is basically done, so he doesnt need 2 have any more moves since his trades or adds arent to benefit his team and help his team win..point blank, thats how that should be handled, those other players should not get picked up, this would be a no brainer in our league unless the commish is shady

I agree completely
BigLaBellski
Monday Morning Quarterback

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby NYNY » Thu Nov 08, 2007 11:03 pm

BigLaBellski wrote:

I agree completely

That's exactly what didn't happen. Why? Because the commissioner had a #1 waiver claim and ended up picking up Ben Ben off waivers. Should I also mention that the one who dropped Big Ben among others is the Commissioner's father? Yeah, it's messed up. I never accused them of collusion, although it's obvious, but Ben should never be allowed to be dropped, quite obviously. We didn't have a Can't Cut List, so they technically didn't break any rules. Pretty weak, right?

Quite a few people in the league have actually jumped on me for pointing this out! But I think it's because they want me to quit. But I'm sticking with it because I put some money in and I'm more motivated than ever to find a way to win. No way in hell am I playing in this league again.

Another thing, I wish I could say I was in this league with strangers, but nope, it's with people I actually know. Ridiculous.
12 Team Yahoo! H-2-H:

NYNY
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Return to Commissioner's Corner