Will Benjamin Watson bounce back from injury? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Will Benjamin Watson bounce back from injury?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Will Benjamin Watson bounce back from injury?

Postby NYMetsIn2k4 » Wed Nov 07, 2007 1:37 pm

his schedule isnt necessarily great, but the pats should continue to roll n put up points. the question is, brady cant keep up this pace right? and assuming that, it seems as if moss and welker will continue to get te bulk of the numbers, with stallworth getting his, so does this leave room for watson to get any numbers? i chalk up his 5 tds toward bradys hot start, and doubt hell reel in more than 4 tds and about 300 yds down the stretch, is this a fair assessment?
12 Team .5 PPR Money League
1st Place 8-4 (1456.70 Pts)

QB Schaub
WR RWayne
WR Driver
RB DWill
RB RGrant
TE VDavis
W/R Mendenhall
K Tynes
DEF WW
BENCH TJHoush,DMC,Winslow,DAvery,Arizonas D (for Playoffs)
NYMetsIn2k4
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Will Benjamin Watson bounce back from injury?

Postby portisfan24 » Wed Nov 07, 2007 2:38 pm

I wouldn't say that. Watson was Brady's second favourite target in the redzone behind Moss before he got hurt. Brady/Belichick also like to move him around to create mathcup problems due to his huge size and supposed 4.4 speed. I think he is a useful tool in that offense and should be a top 10 TE for the rest of the year, if he stays healthy of course.
portisfan24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby zevon » Wed Nov 07, 2007 5:36 pm

4 TD's in 7 remaining games would be pretty acceptable for most TE. He runs well after the catch but has gotten a lot of short yardage goal line looks this season, thus his TD's are up.
I think he's healthy enough, I wouldn't worry too much about a pretty weak statline against Indy - he was staying put to try to keep Freeny off Brady mosyt of the afternoon.
zevon
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby gtabaplayr » Wed Nov 07, 2007 10:33 pm

There are only several TE's I would rather have for the rest of the year. It was pretty obvious that he wasn't 100% during the INDY game. Coming back from the BYE week he should be fully healthy and will definitely get plenty of scoring opportunites. The only thing that could slow down the Patriots passing game would be cold/adverse weather which is somewhat of a concern, but playing in that weather is really nothing new to Brady.

They moved the NE @ Buffao game to SNF week 11 and that will probably be a very frigid affair. I would watch that game closely to see how the NE offense operates in the cold to make your final decision regarding Watson leading up the FF playoffs.
gtabaplayr
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Return to Football Talk