Any keeper types that could be had for cheap? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Any keeper types that could be had for cheap?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Any keeper types that could be had for cheap?

Postby Armed and Hammered » Wed Nov 07, 2007 2:48 pm

Norwood from Atlanta is that type of guy. Someone struggling to get time this year that could easily be the starter next year.

Any other players out there that could be a solid starters next year but aren't getting time this year or are injured?

DeAngelo? Michael Turner? Leinhart?
Armed and Hammered
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Any keeper types that could be had for cheap?

Postby mikus » Wed Nov 07, 2007 4:22 pm

Ronnie Brown.
Thanks to madaslives911 for the sweet sig!
The Hazean: Fantasy football galore
mikus
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Same place as every other blogger: My Mom's basement. That is where bloggers work, right?

Postby shawngee03 » Wed Nov 07, 2007 5:21 pm

any suggestions on where ronnie brown might be drafted next year? for some reason he was just dropped in my keeper league, so i put a WW in for him on the assumption he will be a 1st Rd pick next year...but im not sure that will be the case

and ill submit marion barber as a good keeper. i have read that JJ will be gone next year, so that would make barber as good as it gets. i dont know how cheap he will come, but im exited to keep him for next year
shawngee03
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby JasonSeahorn » Wed Nov 07, 2007 5:26 pm

in a normal draft ronnie brown should be taken in the 2nd or 3rd rounds next year....despite his injuries, he has shown he can put up monster numbers.

Thanks to deluxe_247 for sig, he is welcome to sail with the Captain too!

I will win all of the fantasy cafe games.....next year
JasonSeahorn
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Max Power » Wed Nov 07, 2007 8:49 pm

Laurent Robinson WR ATL

Guy will be huge once ATL gets a QB.
Oh, people can come up with statistics to prove anything, Kent. Fourty percent of people know that.
Max Power
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby aaawall91 » Wed Nov 07, 2007 9:17 pm

I'd put Ronnie in my top 5, easily.

and MB3 in my top 10 probably.

among names mentioned:
-Chances are you can get Alex Smith (49) dirt cheap, and it could be worth the risk if you can get him cheap enough
- Jerome Harrison/Jason Wright (I think Cleveland has the potential to develop a decent run game next year with another year of this improving line. And right now it doesn't look like they will have too high of a draft pick, so I don't see any rook nabbing more than 50% next year. and J-lew will be gone.)
- Garrett Wolfe- young back in Chicago with Benson not overally impressing, he is worth the risk in the system for the right price.
- DeShawn Wynn- played well in his time with GB this season, when healthy next year could improve on it.
- As well Brandon Jackson, his stock couldn't be lower, buy low, hope his stock rises.
- Kenneth Darby- Tampa is a mess for RB's. Darby was impressive in pre-season.
- J.J. Arrington (same as the Cleveland RBs, Arizona's running game was defiently better this year, and EDGE won't be around much longer...Arrington is looking to have a bigger role over the next few years)
- Robert Mechem- Brees has shown signs of life, Meachem's stock is also very low
-Kenny Irons - theres no way Rudi, Watson, Irons, Perry, and Dorsey are all on the roster/practice team (Doresy) look for them to get rid of one and Irons to hold a bigger role
-Ahmad Bradshaw, isn't in a situation too get many chances now, but looks to be a very good back in the future.
Tyson Thompson- could assume a bigger role if JJ were to leave, skilled back.

of course these are more dynasty keepers than 3-4 keeper keeper leagues.
aaawall91
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 62)

Postby uncabomb » Wed Nov 07, 2007 9:41 pm

Michael Turner for sure...after he spreads his wings after he leaves sd...
michael bush...oakland obviously has no idea
a reach but adrian peterson for chi...benson is horrible and i don't think they'll draft a rb in the early rounds as they need qb help bad and are willing to give it to adrian peterson before they take another large contract at rb
lee evans next time he has a bad game
uncabomb
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby ivesaidway2much » Wed Nov 07, 2007 11:32 pm

Ronnie Brown is a horrible pick for next year. ACL injuries always take 2 years to fully heal. Just look at Braylon Edwards last year vs. this year. Or Mcnabb last year vs. this year. Brown's not going to be very good in 2008, but in 2009 he'll be huge value pick.
ivesaidway2much
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby steelerfan513 » Thu Nov 08, 2007 1:52 am

ivesaidway2much wrote:Ronnie Brown is a horrible pick for next year. ACL injuries always take 2 years to fully heal. Just look at Braylon Edwards last year vs. this year. Or Mcnabb last year vs. this year. Brown's not going to be very good in 2008, but in 2009 he'll be huge value pick.

Carson Palmer fully recovered in less than a year from his ACL injury. Edwards was plagued as much by a bad knee as he was by a bad offense. Players are recovering from knee injurys much, much quicker these days.
Kudos to Leber for the amazing sig and to Metroid for the userbar and making them both fit
2008 and 2009 Defunct Dynasty League Champion
steelerfan513
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby mikus » Thu Nov 08, 2007 8:36 am

ivesaidway2much wrote:Ronnie Brown is a horrible pick for next year. ACL injuries always take 2 years to fully heal. Just look at Braylon Edwards last year vs. this year. Or Mcnabb last year vs. this year. Brown's not going to be very good in 2008, but in 2009 he'll be huge value pick.

If you play in a keeper league and have the ability to keep Ronnie Brown for several more seasons, it is not so horrible a pick by any means.
Thanks to madaslives911 for the sweet sig!
The Hazean: Fantasy football galore
mikus
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Location: Same place as every other blogger: My Mom's basement. That is where bloggers work, right?

Next

Return to Football Talk