LT Trade - Is this trade fair? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Commissioner's Corner

LT Trade - Is this trade fair?

Moderator: Football Moderators

LT Trade - Is this trade fair?

Postby BigLaBellski » Thu Nov 08, 2007 10:08 pm

I am the commish of a 10 team keeper league. The keeper system works as follows:

Can keep 3 players
Can keep a maximum of 3 years

Tomlinson is in the final year of keeper eligibility. He was just traded to the top team (already 9-0) for a 3rd round pick next season. Since annual draft order is determined by records from the previous season, this third round pick is very likely to be a very late 3rd (we have a snaked draft). This league has been around for many years and the going rate for top players in years past has been at least a 2nd round pick (from a top team this would be an early 2nd rounder). IMHO, Tomlinson is still the #1 fantasy player from this point forward.

Also, I am almost a bit concerned about collusion (although I consider both owners to be good guys). I offered two deals to the LT owner both of which were rejected. I consider both offers to be better than what he got.

Frank Gore (can be kept) for LT (cannot be kept)
Anquan Boldin (can be kept and certainly would be kept by this owner) + a 4th rounder for LT.

For the latter offer, my 4th rounder is likely to be a top 4th round choice. As I already mention, the 3rd that he accepted will be a late 3rd. So the difference between the 3rd and the 4th is certain to be less than 4 picks.

It should also be mentioned that the owner of LT offered him to me earlier this week for a 1st round pick. I rejected it and countered with the 2 aforementioned offers. His asking price went from a 1st to a 3rd over the period of 48 hours?!?

Opinions???
BigLaBellski
Monday Morning Quarterback

Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Commissioner's Corner