Keeper/Contract League Question - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Commissioner's Corner

Keeper/Contract League Question

Moderator: Football Moderators

Keeper/Contract League Question

Postby CameronCrazieDmb » Fri Nov 09, 2007 12:27 pm

We've been a league for about 4-5 years now with the same teams. It is a 12 team league. We started the Keeper League this year. The Contract Version. We have 4 contracts to hand out to 4 players on your team. For other commissioner's who run the Keeper Contract League, when do you set the date of letting the league know what players you will be contracting? I was thinking the week before the fantasy league championship??? or is this to early, for teams should be able to see how there players rank next year??
CameronCrazieDmb
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Keeper/Contract League Question

Postby dream_017 » Fri Nov 09, 2007 1:35 pm

CameronCrazieDmb wrote:We've been a league for about 4-5 years now with the same teams. It is a 12 team league. We started the Keeper League this year. The Contract Version. We have 4 contracts to hand out to 4 players on your team. For other commissioner's who run the Keeper Contract League, when do you set the date of letting the league know what players you will be contracting? I was thinking the week before the fantasy league championship??? or is this to early, for teams should be able to see how there players rank next year??

Just my thoughts, but I would set the date closer to next season to notify your league of who is being kept. Maybe a couple weeks to a month prior to the draft.
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 60)

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Sun Nov 11, 2007 9:35 pm

dream_017 wrote:
CameronCrazieDmb wrote:We've been a league for about 4-5 years now with the same teams. It is a 12 team league. We started the Keeper League this year. The Contract Version. We have 4 contracts to hand out to 4 players on your team. For other commissioner's who run the Keeper Contract League, when do you set the date of letting the league know what players you will be contracting? I was thinking the week before the fantasy league championship??? or is this to early, for teams should be able to see how there players rank next year??

Just my thoughts, but I would set the date closer to next season to notify your league of who is being kept. Maybe a couple weeks to a month prior to the draft.

I agree. We usually wait as long as possible. Things change in the offseason so it's better to do it late. In one of my keeper leagues this year, we waited until 1 week before our draft to declare our keepers. Cedric Benson ended up being one of my keepers because T.Jones got traded before we had to declare our keepers. If we had to declare our keepers early I wouldn't have kept him (and in hindsight that wouldn't have been a bad thing! :,-( ). I'd wait until a week or 2 before your draft. Good luck! ;-D

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 86)

Postby CameronCrazieDmb » Mon Nov 12, 2007 12:00 am

Thanx 4 the help guys, i really appreciate it.
CameronCrazieDmb
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Mon Nov 12, 2007 12:05 am

CameronCrazieDmb wrote:Thanx 4 the help guys, i really appreciate it.

You're welcome and...welcome to the Cafe!! ;-D

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 86)

Return to Commissioner's Corner