Gameday Chat - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to College Football

Gameday Chat

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Gameday Chat

Postby Free Bagel » Sun Nov 11, 2007 1:00 pm

Metroid wrote:
deerayfan072 wrote:Gotta be impressed with this game MET

I imagine you're referring to Tebows performance? Eh it was OK. :-?

Just kidding, yeah 7 total TDs 424 total yards is nutz! Tebow can put up some seriously insane numbers. I still can't see him winning the Heisman over Dixon should Dixon play in the Title game,that and Tebow being a sophomore....which is equally insane. 8-o

It should've been at LEAST 530 and 9 TDs really, as Murph dropped two 50 yard touchdowns that hit him right in the hands on drives they didn't end up scoring on. Cooper got his hands on another long TD (although that one wasn't really a drop) and Caldwell dropped and easy 3rd down conversion inside the 10. Not to mention the two fumbles inside the 20 by Fayson and Brandon James. If the guys around him didn't get a severe case of shakey hands he could've made a play on the 11 TDs in a single game record.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer
Home Cafe: Football

Postby deerayfan072 » Sun Nov 11, 2007 5:26 pm

Metroid wrote:

Just kidding, yeah 7 total TDs 424 total yards is nutz! Tebow can put up some seriously insane numbers. I still can't see him winning the Heisman over Dixon should Dixon play in the Title game,that and Tebow being a sophomore....which is equally insane. 8-o

Which is exactly why I think he wont win it, He is a sophomore and Dixon will get to the NC game as a senior
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby deerayfan072 » Sun Nov 11, 2007 9:38 pm

Free Bagel wrote:
Metroid wrote:

It should've been at LEAST 530 and 9 TDs really, as Murph dropped two 50 yard touchdowns that hit him right in the hands on drives they didn't end up scoring on. Cooper got his hands on another long TD (although that one wasn't really a drop) and Caldwell dropped and easy 3rd down conversion inside the 10. Not to mention the two fumbles inside the 20 by Fayson and Brandon James. If the guys around him didn't get a severe case of shakey hands he could've made a play on the 11 TDs in a single game record.

The thing that made it even more impressive to me was the fact that he did it without Harvin in the game. Arguments have been made that Tebow has Harvin and that is why he isn't the most important part of the team. I think that Tebow showed in that game that he is the most important player to that team.
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Metroid » Mon Nov 12, 2007 12:11 am

deerayfan072 wrote:
Metroid wrote:

Which is exactly why I think he wont win it, He is a sophomore and Dixon will get to the NC game as a senior

Buck up buttercup....Tebow will get it. Hes got two years yet...prolly get it both if he rocks it like he has. 8-o
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby Free Bagel » Mon Nov 12, 2007 12:47 am

If he doesn't get it it will be a curse on his career. Seems like whenever someone is about to get it young (Grossman and AD recently) and everyone says "oh they'll get one soon anyway" they don't come close to getting it again.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Previous

Return to College Football