Expectations for P. Holmes? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Expectations for P. Holmes?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Expectations for P. Holmes?

Postby Dexter II » Sat Nov 10, 2007 12:42 pm

So what do people expect out of P. Holmes in Week 10 and the rest of the year? Is 50-60 rush yards and a TD (with a couple catches) realistic against Denver?

I haven't see him play this year and wanted to see what others thought of his potential the rest of the way (I know he's only had a handful of carries to judge from). Granted this depends siginificantly on the severity of LJ's injury and the number of touches Kolby Smith gets.
Fatalism Helps with the Jump but not the Fall
Dexter II
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Web SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Expectations for P. Holmes?

Postby DraftDodger » Sat Nov 10, 2007 4:56 pm

Anybody in his right mind would say keep your expectations low. He's old, he's been out of the game too long, hasn't had much practice this year, etc.

I say he will play great until injury does him in. Without a crystal ball, I'm at a loss to say when that will be. The Broncos are giving up the most rushing yards of any team in the league, so your estimate for Priest's numbers may even be a bit conservative. Play him. Nobody can fault you for starting him vs. the worst rush defense. Any great back is going to burn a defense if he runs free, and you have to believe that sooner or later against Denver, there won't be anything between Priest and the endzone but turf.
DraftDodger
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Writer

Postby eaglesfan » Mon Nov 12, 2007 9:37 am

Thought this was pretty funny

Andy Behrens wrote:After going 6-for-15 and losing a fumble, Damon Huard was replaced by Brodie Croyle. Probably permanently. Croyle was 17-for-30 passing for 162 yards in relief of Huard. Priest Holmes carried the ball 20 times, which would have resulted in 180 yards and four touchdowns in 2002. On Sunday, it led to 65 rushing yards. Against a poor run defense.
10 Team, H2H, PPR
Lineup:
E. Manning - T. Romo
W. Welker - R. Cobb - H. Nicks
M. Forte - D. Sproles - CJ Spiller - S. Ridley
J. Finley - K. Rudolph
M. Bryant
Arizona - Green Bay
eaglesfan
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker

Postby aaawall91 » Mon Nov 12, 2007 10:54 pm

That means very little...comparing a Preist of old who was healthier in better shape and had a better team around him (at least O-line) to what he is and has now is a joke. He was around about my personal expectations for his first game back as a starter. And granted Huard SUCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKED.
aaawall91
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 63)

Postby SniperShot » Mon Nov 12, 2007 11:05 pm

Also important to note Priest lost 14 yards on a carry. That was pretty big, if he gained 6 on that play there's a 20 yard swing in his final yardage total.

Not a bad day back after a couple years off. I'll be interested to see how he does next week.
SniperShot
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 14)

Postby eaglesfan » Tue Nov 13, 2007 12:14 am

aaawall91 wrote:That means very little...comparing a Preist of old who was healthier in better shape and had a better team around him (at least O-line) to what he is and has now is a joke. He was around about my personal expectations for his first game back as a starter. And granted Huard SUCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKED.

I think it was meant to be a joke ;-)
10 Team, H2H, PPR
Lineup:
E. Manning - T. Romo
W. Welker - R. Cobb - H. Nicks
M. Forte - D. Sproles - CJ Spiller - S. Ridley
J. Finley - K. Rudolph
M. Bryant
Arizona - Green Bay
eaglesfan
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker

Postby Kilroy » Tue Nov 13, 2007 12:17 am

SniperShot wrote:Also important to note Priest lost 14 yards on a carry. That was pretty big, if he gained 6 on that play there's a 20 yard swing in his final yardage total.

Not a bad day back after a couple years off. I'll be interested to see how he does next week.

Agreed. From what little I saw, given his age and long layoff I thought Holmes did OK. If you were expecting more than 80 or so total yards from his first game back then those expectations were unrealistic to begin with.

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
Kilroy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Postby aaawall91 » Tue Nov 13, 2007 5:04 pm

eaglesfan wrote:
aaawall91 wrote:That means very little...comparing a Preist of old who was healthier in better shape and had a better team around him (at least O-line) to what he is and has now is a joke. He was around about my personal expectations for his first game back as a starter. And granted Huard SUCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKED.

I think it was meant to be a joke ;-)

He is a joke.
aaawall91
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 63)

Return to Football Talk