Questionable Trade...OPINION?? GOTTA SEE THIS - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Commissioner's Corner

Questionable Trade...OPINION?? GOTTA SEE THIS

Moderator: Football Moderators

Questionable Trade...OPINION?? GOTTA SEE THIS

Postby norc1299 » Sat Nov 10, 2007 4:06 pm

Hey guys just need your opinion on this....This is my first year as commisioner and wanna see what you think. The 2nd place team in our league proposed a trade to the last place team who is 1-8. Here's what it looks like.

Brandon Stokley and Deshaun Foster for

Reggie Bush.

I think this is horrible but just want to make sure before something is done. Thanks for the help. WHIR!!
norc1299
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Questionable Trade...OPINION?? GOTTA SEE THIS

Postby THEOT » Sat Nov 10, 2007 7:03 pm

I don't know, it is a starting RB and WR. While not great they do have potential. I'd be more worried if it was just one of them for Bush. I think you probably have to let that one go. Although I can't for the life of me understand why the Bush owner would accept it, I wouldn't. If he did accept it then i might question it. But a proposal is just that, a proposal.
THEOT
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 4)

Re: Questionable Trade...OPINION?? GOTTA SEE THIS

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Sat Nov 10, 2007 7:12 pm

norc1299 wrote:Hey guys just need your opinion on this....This is my first year as commisioner and wanna see what you think. The 2nd place team in our league proposed a trade to the last place team who is 1-8. Here's what it looks like.

Brandon Stokley and Deshaun Foster for

Reggie Bush.

I think this is horrible but just want to make sure before something is done. Thanks for the help. WHIR!!

I know it's tricky sometimes, but trades should only be vetoed if you suspect collusion.

fantasy article wrote:Friendship is one thing, collusion another
A big part of the joy of fantasy football is the camaraderie and competition amongst friends. However, no matter how tight you are with another league member and no matter how close they are to a championship, under no circumstances should you join forces. This includes intentionally trading your best players for stiffs, or holding your studs out of the lineup, or dropping key players so your pal can pick them up. Collusion is the cardinal sin of fantasy football and will earn you a one-way ticket out of your league faster than Terrell Owens can renege on a contract.

Even if a trade looks lopsided on paper, it shouldn't be veted unless collusion is expected. Everyone has different values that they put on different players. What might look lopsided one way to you might look lopsided the other way to someone else. So unless you think these 2 owners are cheating to try and make the 2nd place team win...I think you have to let this trade go. Honestly, it's not that bad IMO. Good luck! ;-D

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 81)

Return to Commissioner's Corner