Intentional attempted Sabotage, Please help. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Commissioner's Corner

Intentional attempted Sabotage, Please help.

Moderator: Football Moderators

Intentional attempted Sabotage, Please help.

Postby THEOT » Sat Nov 10, 2007 6:37 pm

I'm commissioner of a 12 team PPR league of friends, family, and friends of family and friends. One guy, is the brother of a friend of mine (Jerry), and I do know him, he and a friend of his (James) in the league have been trying to start and stir up drama all year, mostly with me for some reason. The only reason I can figure is because I didn't draft well and I traded some of what I did do good with and made a very competitive team. I'm first in points, but only in 5th place with a 5-4 record. They don't mess with anybody else in the league.

I have Tom Brady for my QB. I usually only carry one QB, and have been trying to trade for one for the bye week all week with no success. So, I went to pick one up after my last trade attempt was rejected yesterday and to my surprise Jerry, dropped his kicker that was on bye and proceeded to add and then drop 11 QB's in 11 minutes in an obvious attempt to sabotage me by putting all available Free Agent starting QB's on Waivers so I couldn't add one by game time not to mention I would lose my Waiver priority if I did.

Apparently yahoo has some kind of safeguard against this because even though in the transaction list it says they all went on waivers, they didn't, in the player list none of them are on waivers. So I let it go and added my QB. Of course, as I expected, the friend, James, is now questioning how I could add a QB when the transaction list says they went to waivers. Also, I play this James guy this week, interesting no? And there is money on this league.

So, can I, should I, do I even bother or do I have to do anything or respond to this? I was going to leave it alone but now it's been questioned. I'm sure they'll say I'm cheating or something too and yet I didn't do a thing wrong and I'm really sick of this. Please please help.
THEOT
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 4)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Intentional attempted Sabotage, Please help.

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Sat Nov 10, 2007 7:03 pm

THEOT wrote:I'm commissioner of a 12 team PPR league of friends, family, and friends of family and friends. One guy, is the brother of a friend of mine (Jerry), and I do know him, he and a friend of his (James) in the league have been trying to start and stir up drama all year, mostly with me for some reason. The only reason I can figure is because I didn't draft well and I traded some of what I did do good with and made a very competitive team. I'm first in points, but only in 5th place with a 5-4 record. They don't mess with anybody else in the league.

I have Tom Brady for my QB. I usually only carry one QB, and have been trying to trade for one for the bye week all week with no success. So, I went to pick one up after my last trade attempt was rejected yesterday and to my surprise Jerry, dropped his kicker that was on bye and proceeded to add and then drop 11 QB's in 11 minutes in an obvious attempt to sabotage me by putting all available Free Agent starting QB's on Waivers so I couldn't add one by game time not to mention I would lose my Waiver priority if I did.

Apparently yahoo has some kind of safeguard against this because even though in the transaction list it says they all went on waivers, they didn't, in the player list none of them are on waivers. So I let it go and added my QB. Of course, as I expected, the friend, James, is now questioning how I could add a QB when the transaction list says they went to waivers. Also, I play this James guy this week, interesting no? And there is money on this league.

So, can I, should I, do I even bother or do I have to do anything or respond to this? I was going to leave it alone but now it's been questioned. I'm sure they'll say I'm cheating or something too and yet I didn't do a thing wrong and I'm really sick of this. Please please help.

IMO you didn't do anything wrong here. Jerry is the one guilty of 'roster churning'. Here's a link that talks about that:

viewtopic.php?t=353616&start=20

Roster churning is frowned upon and illegal in most (if not all) leagues. It's basically cheating so you had every right to pick up one of those QB's. If all those QB's were put on waivers so you couldn't pick one up, I think you would have every right to take all those QB's off waivers so that they could be picked up. I think that you should give Jerry a warning and tell him that he won't be invited back into the league if he & James keep cheating/sabotaging the league. Very sad that some people try to cheat. Even worse that James is now complaining about you picking up a QB. I'd explain to them that roster churning is illegal and I wouldn't invite either of them back next year if they don't "get it". Good luck!

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 81)

Postby THEOT » Sun Nov 11, 2007 11:59 am

Now I'm being called a cheat for adding Huard. Plus, as I said, they've tried to veto every trade I've made this year and questioned everything I've done. Yet the other 9 people in the league seem to have no qualms with how the league is. I'm so sick of these 2.
THEOT
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Sun Nov 11, 2007 9:03 pm

THEOT wrote:Now I'm being called a cheat for adding Huard. Plus, as I said, they've tried to veto every trade I've made this year and questioned everything I've done. Yet the other 9 people in the league seem to have no qualms with how the league is. I'm so sick of these 2.

Yep, that sucks. It's obvious that these 2 (and maybe the rest of the league since they don't see the problem with these 2) either don't care or don't know the rules of fantasy football. Vetoing trades is another example of this. Trades should only be vetoed if collusion (teaming up to cheat) is suspected. If they don't care, then there's not much you can do about it this year. If they just don't know the rules, then I'd try to explain it to them. If they still don't care, I'd just ride out this season and then not invite them back next year. Good luck man. ;-D

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 81)

Postby steelcurtain » Mon Nov 12, 2007 12:29 am

Yah, sorry you have these two goons in your league.

You've done nothing wrong and like the previous people have said, just ride the rest of the season out, hopefully to a championship and not invite them back next year.
steelcurtain
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Cafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby THEOT » Mon Nov 12, 2007 9:36 am

Thanks for all the help guys, it really makes me feel better. Being as I know one of these guys, and have for some time, this has really hit me on a personal level that goes beyond the game. Plus these guys got really nasty with me yesterday, said a lot of things. I'm to the point where I'm ready to just lock them out. Or should I just let it go? I'm also considering refunding everyones money because of these guys. Either that or just killing the league completely, but that's not fair to the rest.

Also thinking of sending out an apology to the rest of the league for the drama. Think that's a good idea?
THEOT
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby shawngee03 » Tue Nov 13, 2007 9:52 am

yahoo has it set up to try and combat roster churning by not putting guys on waivers if they are added and dropped on teh same day...so kudoos to yahoo. and teh trade deadline is this fri, so there prolly shouldnt be any more drama after this week.

i dont recommend doing anything drastic like locking teams or killing the league unless these two present a harm to someone in teh league. if you feel their attitude in fantasy could lead to something worse in real life, by all means end it before it gets any worse. try and tell them to be such non-aholes, and if it persists you might have to lock them down or worse
shawngee03
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Return to Commissioner's Corner