GC: Colts vs Chargers [Week 10 - Sunday Night Football] - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

GC: Colts vs Chargers [Week 10 - Sunday Night Football]

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: GC: Colts vs Chargers [Week 10 - Sunday Night Football]

Postby Vikezfan » Sun Nov 11, 2007 11:41 pm

Colt record 6 picks, definitely huge assist to Vinatieri...what a choke job.
Vikezfan
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby manateemedia » Mon Nov 12, 2007 12:22 am

I was thinking to myself that Vinatieri was going to slip and fall when trying to kick the field goal. Ugh... thanks for the -1 points this week, Mr. V!
manateemedia
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby SniperShot » Mon Nov 12, 2007 12:44 am

Vinatieri chokes man. That was cool. I hope Vanderjagt was watching and laughing his ass off somewhere, because I know I was...
SniperShot
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 14)

Postby kemper5 » Mon Nov 12, 2007 1:19 am

Someone tell me why Norv passed the ball on 1st down with 6 min left and 2 Time outs and the Chargers were approaching mid field at that point? That of course was the int that almost changed the face of the game. It seems he is not using LT to his full potential. I mean would you have not just run LT, run LT and get the clock down? It's just fustrating how he's utilizing LT
kemper5
General Manager
General Manager

Postby PMoneyTKE » Mon Nov 12, 2007 1:46 am

Whats the over/under on Colts players on the injury report this week. If it's 30 i'll take the over.... :-o !+)
Boobies
PMoneyTKE
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Jack » Mon Nov 12, 2007 1:57 am

I wonder if Peyton Manning will buy another ticket for the Tom Brady Experience any time soon. Probably not, since this kiddie-ride version treated him kind of roughly...they throw in Reggie Wayne to keep it from getting too intimidating, you see. Can't let just anyone go out there with Reche Caldwell and Jabar Gaffney (or the equivalent of their route-running and play-making abilities) and expect to make much of an impact.

To be fair, his Colts' offense beat the Chargers' defense and outscored the Chargers' offense. Special teams were the difference here. But watching Manning traverse Receivers-Who-Aren't-Fantastic Land was...informative. It showed that he would still get his. I still maintain that Brady, who has done more with less (and now more with more), is the better of the two--if that even matters, except for the talkers of posterity to chat on when they've exhausted their present moment. Just win (now), baby.

[Aside, mostly to the Colts' fans]: Dec. 2 @ the Piper...er, the RCA Dome would seem to seem important again.
Thanks to madaslives911 for this graphic from his site...
MOVE THOSE CHAINS, MOVE THOSE CHAINS, MOVE!
Jack
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Phokus » Mon Nov 12, 2007 8:19 am

Imagine if Manning had to play with waiver wire rejects like Reche Caldwell and Jabbar Gaffney like Brady did last year... Manning could have conceivably thrown 10 interceptions in that game if he did... at least he had a superstar in reggie wayne.
My league: 14 teams, 1 QB, 2 RB's, 3 WR's, 1 Flex WR/RB, 1 TE, 1 Kicker, 1 Defense. 6 Bench players.
Phokus
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby PMoneyTKE » Mon Nov 12, 2007 12:48 pm

Phokus wrote:Imagine if Manning had to play with waiver wire rejects like Reche Caldwell and Jabbar Gaffney like Brady did last year... Manning could have conceivably thrown 10 interceptions in that game if he did... at least he had a superstar in reggie wayne.

How does quality of receivers have anything to do with interceptions? I would think that Manning's lack of accuracy in poor weather is more of a factor (or the only factor).

And Jack...

Is it just the fact that we win the division every year that you suddenly feel the need to be all over Brady's nuts or have you always had a big gay crush on him?
Boobies
PMoneyTKE
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Jack » Mon Nov 12, 2007 2:21 pm

PMoneyTKE wrote:How does quality of receivers have anything to do with interceptions? I would think that Manning's lack of accuracy in poor weather is more of a factor (or the only factor).

A bad route and a bungled catch led to two of the interceptions that I saw. That's on the WRs, and it must've been frustrating for Manning.

PMoneyTKE wrote:And Jack...

Is it just the fact that we win the division every year that you suddenly feel the need to be all over Brady's nuts or have you always had a big gay crush on him?

Looking back at my post, I think the "kiddie-ride" and "Piper" references are what set a bad tone for this exchange. Sorry...I didn't need to get vulgar like that to make my point--though I do think the "Piper" dig is worth making, but probably in a different way. Tom Brady's career speaks for itself in general; last night, the Colts' receivers reminded me of the "dynamic duo" of Caldwell and Gaffney, and that parallel was a point worth making. So much of the Brady-or-Manning "debate" is predicated on hypothetical switching of circumstance--and this year seems to be looking into that.
Thanks to madaslives911 for this graphic from his site...
MOVE THOSE CHAINS, MOVE THOSE CHAINS, MOVE!
Jack
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby PMoneyTKE » Mon Nov 12, 2007 3:17 pm

Jack wrote:
PMoneyTKE wrote:How does quality of receivers have anything to do with interceptions? I would think that Manning's lack of accuracy in poor weather is more of a factor (or the only factor).

A bad route and a bungled catch led to two of the interceptions that I saw. That's on the WRs, and it must've been frustrating for Manning.

PMoneyTKE wrote:And Jack...

Looking back at my post, I think the "kiddie-ride" and "Piper" references are what set a bad tone for this exchange. Sorry...I didn't need to get vulgar like that to make my point--though I do think the "Piper" dig is worth making, but probably in a different way. Tom Brady's career speaks for itself in general; last night, the Colts' receivers reminded me of the "dynamic duo" of Caldwell and Gaffney, and that parallel was a point worth making. So much of the Brady-or-Manning "debate" is predicated on hypothetical switching of circumstance--and this year seems to be looking into that.

I was a little over the top with my post I will admit, I'm just tired of the constant need to compare these two quarterbacks, but its no excuse for taking cheap shots, I apologize. But regarding the Wide Receivers, as bad as Caldwell and Gaffney are, at least they had some NFL experience. I felt downright bad for Craphanso Thorpe out there last night, half the time he just looked lost. Even when Brady had mediocre receivers he had Watson to fall back on when he needed to, and I think the biggest factor last night was Dallas Clark not being in there. In poor weather situations Manning just looks lost without Clark there as his safety net. It was painful to watch for sure, but it was refreshing to see the 3rd and 4th stringers step up and do well.
Boobies
PMoneyTKE
General Manager
General Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting