GC: Colts vs Chargers [Week 10 - Sunday Night Football] - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

GC: Colts vs Chargers [Week 10 - Sunday Night Football]

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: GC: Colts vs Chargers [Week 10 - Sunday Night Football]

Postby joelamosobadiah » Mon Nov 12, 2007 4:56 pm

Jack wrote:
PMoneyTKE wrote:How does quality of receivers have anything to do with interceptions? I would think that Manning's lack of accuracy in poor weather is more of a factor (or the only factor).

A bad route and a bungled catch led to two of the interceptions that I saw. That's on the WRs, and it must've been frustrating for Manning.

One of those botched routes was by Reggie Wayne, so I don't think he is exactly a chump WR.
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Mon Nov 12, 2007 5:07 pm

joelamosobadiah wrote:
Jack wrote:
PMoneyTKE wrote:How does quality of receivers have anything to do with interceptions? I would think that Manning's lack of accuracy in poor weather is more of a factor (or the only factor).

A bad route and a bungled catch led to two of the interceptions that I saw. That's on the WRs, and it must've been frustrating for Manning.

One of those botched routes was by Reggie Wayne, so I don't think he is exactly a chump WR.

No but he was walking back toward the ball at the time it was picked off.

To play devil's advocate on those picks. One was on the desperation last play of the game...Two were diving interceptions, and another was a diving backwards one hand grab. All remarkable plays.

But bash away at Manning like y'all must.. Truth be told despite all this, they were in a position to win.

What about the interception return when the ref blew it dead while the guy was running out of the endzone. That would have been 1st and Goal on the 6. The Chargers escaped this one bigtime.
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby joelamosobadiah » Mon Nov 12, 2007 5:25 pm

SwiperNoSwiping wrote:No but he was walking back toward the ball at the time it was picked off.

To play devil's advocate on those picks. One was on the desperation last play of the game...Two were diving interceptions, and another was a diving backwards one hand grab. All remarkable plays.

But bash away at Manning like y'all must.. Truth be told despite all this, they were in a position to win.

What about the interception return when the ref blew it dead while the guy was running out of the endzone. That would have been 1st and Goal on the 6. The Chargers escaped this one bigtime.

I will be the last to bash on Manning. He is a future hall of fame QB no matter what. He played worse than normal last night, but Antonio Cromartie was a freak of nature on that interception and there were some incredible plays by the defense. It can't help that he only had seven O-linemen on the active list when they started the game last night. He was getting a lot of pressure put on him. The Colts are still a good team and they would have won that game if it weren't for that "inadvertent" whistle in the end zone. Regardless, it was a good game.
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Mon Nov 12, 2007 6:06 pm

joelamosobadiah wrote:
I will be the last to bash on Manning.

I wasn't trying to single you out on Manning bashing, Joel. Lots of people like to jump and rip Manning to no end and last night with 6 picks there's ample opportunity. But the Chargers defense made some incredible plays and yes, Wayne quit that route for whatever reason.
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Previous

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting