Chi Receivers - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Chi Receivers

Moderator: Football Moderators

Chi Receivers

Postby uncabomb » Sun Nov 11, 2007 5:26 pm

ok, give chicago a decent, consistent qb...anyone...big ben, eli, hell, even garrard (i'm not even talking about a playmaker qb like romo, peyton or brady)...anyone but griese or grossman, how good are the receivers? are they mediocre or put them in another system and they light it up? i tend to think they have a lot of talent but nothing to get it to them
uncabomb
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Chi Receivers

Postby beanoX3 » Sun Nov 11, 2007 5:39 pm

Moose is a decent possession WR and Berrian isn't a true #1. Neither can get consistent separation either. Bradley showed some promise his rookie year, but he hardly plays anymore. Hester has problems with the playbook and his presence leaves Davis with not much to do. Chicago WRs might do better with a good QB, but there's so many problems overall on the entire offense that its hard to say how good or bad they are.

Chicago TEs have been the best receiving threat on the offense. :-°
The cake is a lie.
beanoX3
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby deluxe_247 » Sun Nov 11, 2007 6:04 pm

beanoX3 wrote:
Chicago TEs have been the best receiving threat on the offense. :-°

i think there is good reason for that...i believe the TEs have to the most talent of the crew (that rook looks real promising). moose is just past his prime and berrian i see as being a medicore type of guy.

i do think that the WRs would be better with a decent QB, but not substantially better.
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby LS2throwed » Sun Nov 11, 2007 7:17 pm

they have some really talented guys...Moose is a good possesion guy thats reliable, Berrian is a speedster to stretch the field, Hester is getting worked in, also a speed guy who you have to account for, Rashied Davis is a good slot guy thats very athletic and could be a solid #3, and Mark Bradley is very talented he just has always been hurt...could be a great #2 if healthy, and may take that role if/when berrian leaves in FA...he has all the skills you would like, just hasnt been able 2 stay on the field
Current Cafe Dynasties:
4th and Goal
Fourth & Inches
Double D
Any Given Dynasty
Eat Cheese Dynasty
NFL's Finest
Cafe Very Special Forces
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby FatFoot » Mon Nov 12, 2007 11:26 am

Moose is a FF #3 if the Bears had a real QB. Berrian is probably a #2. Bradley isn't hurt this year... he's just in Lovie's doghouse.

We didn't know it until the end of last year, but Lovie is somewhat catty. Rivera was fired outright, for having his own opinion on the defense... Lovie wanted someone to run EXACTLY his D... Rivera was clearly responsible for the blitzing that worked so well last year. Lovie has benched players to play favorites, and yes, it's well reported in Chicago that Bradley isn't playing, because he's done something to anger Lovie. That's lame.

With McNabb, just about anyone could have potential number 1 value one week, and then nothing the next. I think that without a new o-line, the Bears receivers don't demonstrate what they're worth, without an actual playmaker QB.
FatFoot
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby skibrett15 » Mon Nov 12, 2007 11:35 am

Yeah, the bears O doesn't inspire much hope, except for greg olsen. Desmond clark is a great second TE to have and a good weapon if you plan on running the ball often because you might find yourself in a lot of 2 TE sets, so having that versatility is good for them. Muhammad I really cannot say is a big threat, although he is similar to a derrick mason type player who can show up often as a possession receiver, but can also be shut down 1 on 1. Berrian I think is akin to kevin curtis. A no. 2 wideout with good speed to stretch the field, but cannot get separation consistently to be on the level of someone like laveranues coles. Hester I don't think is anything more than a fast no. 4 wideout.
ADMIN edit: please note that the overall sig limit is 12k - thanks!
(Thanks Leber)
AIM is like multiplayer notepad
skibrett15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby eagle0588 » Wed Nov 14, 2007 2:52 am

muhammad is on the downside of his career, there is a lot of potential with greg olsen, desmond clark is reliable TE, berrian is a speed guy that can stretch the field however he is not a true #1 receiver he's more of a decent #2 receiver on the team, Hester is still being very slowly worked into the offense. I think hester should be worked in more because the times he has been thrown to he has been very good at catching the ball and i'm not sure why he isn't used more since the other receivers aren't really doing much else. Berrian has had a breakout year but hasn't really built on that this year which leads me to believe it was just one good year and nothing more..some may attribute that to the erratic QB play but even when the QB has thrown it perfectly his way he had some drops. The bears need to get a legit #1 receiver through trade or FA or they need to draft one. But more importantly they need to get a new QB and fix the o-line which hasn't been that great
eagle0588
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Return to Football Talk