Setting Lineups for Inactive GMs - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Commissioner's Corner

Setting Lineups for Inactive GMs

Moderator: Football Moderators

Setting Lineups for Inactive GMs

Postby Subster100 » Mon Nov 12, 2007 2:49 am

What is the standard policy for setting lineups for inactive GMs? Up to this week, we have just left the lineups alone and if a GM started someone on bye, so be it. This week our commissioner decides he is going to change the policy and sets the lineups for 2 teams. For the first team, the GM has been inactive for a couple weeks. The commissioner replaced two of his starters on bye with two of his backups. For the second team, the GM is active and did set his lineup Sunday morning but failed to sign a new defense to replace his D which was on bye. The commissioner decided to cut his worst player and sign a defense for him off of waivers.

Any thoughts? It seems to me that putting in backups is one thing, but signing and cutting players is going too far (especially for an active GM). The new defense made the difference for this second team and they ended up winning by a point. I wonder what would have happened if his defense got him negative points for the day and cost this GM the game.
Subster100
Monday Morning Quarterback

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Setting Lineups for Inactive GMs

Postby someFFhelp » Mon Nov 12, 2007 9:58 am

If the commish was not setting the line ups for the inactive GM in previous games, he should not start now.

The dropping the player to pick up a defense is VERY WRONG. maybe the owner was willing to risk the open spot because he did not want to drop one of his players; that is not the commish's place. You should voice your opinion to your commish and get things straightened out
QB - Cassel, A. Rodgers
RB - B. Jacobs, J. Stewart, C. Taylor, R. Williams, D. McFadden, Perry
WR - A. Johnson, M. Colston, J. Cotchery, , D. Bowe, E. Royal
TE – J. Shockey
K – Nick Folk
Bills D
someFFhelp
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby THEOT » Tue Nov 13, 2007 8:40 am

Yeah I agree, you can't change the policy mid season. And you never add or drop players if you do have to fill the roster. You need to let him know that he was wrong and needs to change it, rally the rest of the league if you need to.
THEOT
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 1)

Postby shawngee03 » Tue Nov 13, 2007 9:41 am

especially if the manager is still active. add/drop for a def is ok if the team is dead, but you cant abuse your commish powers to run a team that still has an active manager
shawngee03
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby tabmoc72 » Sun Nov 25, 2007 2:01 pm

I've been running two inactive teams as commish, and no one has really said anything about it. I've been doing the same thing since the teams went inactive: updating rosters based on the ESPN rankings.
tabmoc72 Beginner
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Return to Commissioner's Corner