Will Chad Johnson ever catch another TD in his career? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

Will Chad Johnson ever catch another TD in his career?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Will Chad Johnson ever catch another TD in his career?

Postby Slayer Rules » Mon Nov 12, 2007 11:44 am

I wonder if maybe just by accident - like if a ball caroms off of Reggie Kelly's hands or something in the end zone. Or maybe if an errant pass ricochets off of one of the goal posts - do you think Chad might catch one like that before he retires? Just wondering....
Slayer Rules
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Will Chad Johnson ever catch another TD in his career?

Postby TERRABLETERRA » Mon Nov 12, 2007 12:49 pm

I think Chad is done !! Honestly I heard from a very reliable source that he has finger bunions and the NFL WILL NOT alow his bunion remover on the field during play....Thus resulting in an enormous amount of bunion fungus build up during the game!!! Carson Palmer is a non-bunion remover advocate and WILL NOT throw him the ball until Chris Henry gets thrown in jail 7 more times...SORRY for the crumbling news BUT I had to let you know! ;-D GOOD LUCK CHAD .... :~(
<---HELP WITH MINE?
TERRABLETERRA
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Football

Postby SacKings384 » Mon Nov 12, 2007 1:11 pm

Like I've said before, Chad Johnson is not a physical receiver. He lacks the strength to break away from his man in the red zone, and there isn't enough room to use speed to break away. This season, the Bengals haven't been getting those deep 50 yard bombs for TD's, and therefore Chad isn't catching any. Chris Henry coming back makes Chad nothing more than a decoy in the endzone.
SacKings384
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Sex Panther » Tue Nov 13, 2007 9:48 pm

SacKings384 wrote:Like I've said before, Chad Johnson is not a physical receiver. He lacks the strength to break away from his man in the red zone, and there isn't enough room to use speed to break away. This season, the Bengals haven't been getting those deep 50 yard bombs for TD's, and therefore Chad isn't catching any. Chris Henry coming back makes Chad nothing more than a decoy in the endzone.

And the 3 WR sets of 85, TJ, and the criminal, open up those 50 yard bombs.

C. Henry maybe a scumbag, but he will end up helping out Johnson and the entire Bengal offense immensely IMO. If anything, TJ's value may end up taking a hit due to Henry's redzone value.
Kate Upton's Husband - dead
Mr. Blonde - champ
Yo Soy Fiesta - dead
Old South - champ
Full of Fanta Tonight - champ
Sex Panther (SB) - dead
Sex Panther (FF) - dead
Sex Panther (IBL) - dead
Sex Panther (Dynasty) dead
Sex Panther
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby TERRABLETERRA » Wed Nov 14, 2007 9:35 am

Yea I think Housh will definately lose looks here...BUT I think T.J.'s TD total will rise even more !!! Henry's presence will make this a more volitile receiving corp!!! Ijust hope Palmer can get the fuzz out of his @$$%#@% from here on out!! %-6
<---HELP WITH MINE?
TERRABLETERRA
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby IHaveHumanPlayers » Wed Nov 14, 2007 11:00 am

I hope Chris Henry catches every TD that comes from Carson Palmer's hands. For the rest of this season, at least. ;-D
The J.J. Brown Remix: 7-4-0
AD! Three years in a row, baby!
IHaveHumanPlayers
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby sirchadwick1 » Wed Nov 14, 2007 6:54 pm

IHaveHumanPlayers wrote:I hope Chris Henry catches every TD that comes from Carson Palmer's hands. For the rest of this season, at least. ;-D

Ditto! Criminal all the way!
2010 12-team .5PPR
QB - Ryan, Vick
RB - S. Greene, Forte, Stewart, F. Jones, Sproles
WR - Moss, Megatron, NYG Smith, Floyd, M. Williams (TB)
TE - Cooley
D - CIN (week to week)
K - Bironas
sirchadwick1
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby LS2throwed » Thu Nov 15, 2007 8:36 pm

There sure is alot of hating on Chad, especially for a guy who has led the AFC in receiving the past 5 years I think, and is 2nd in the NFL this year in receiving...yes his tds are down, but he still will probably finish with about 7 or 8, and most will come at the end of the year with their easy playoff schedule

you guys that DO have him, would you rather have steve smith? Or Harrison or Driver? His production has been fine, more tds would be nice if your looking from a fantasy POV but he hasnt had a bad year by any means..I know with the emergence of Braylon Edwards, Randy Moss makes CJ look like he is having a bad year but look at it in perspective...

Chad Johnson
Rec: 51 Yds:852 Avg: 16.7 Tds: 3

Steve Smith
Rec: 45 Yds: 590 Avg: 13.1 Tds: 6

Larry Fitzgerald
Rec: 58 Yds: 811 Avg: 14.0 Tds: 3

Plaxico Burress
Rec: 41 Yds: 588 Avg: 14.3 Tds: 8

Torry Holt
Rec: 54 Yds: 700 Avg: 13.0 Tds: 4

so looking at other top respective wrs, i cant really see the gripe with Chad as some of you guys are making it out to be...and most should know 1300 yds, and 7 tds are a GREAT year for a wr, normally under any circumstances, i dont care what your standards are on your fantasy team, thats a pro bowl year for a wr, and thats the pace Chad is headed now
Last edited by LS2throwed on Thu Nov 15, 2007 8:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Current Cafe Dynasties:
4th and Goal
Fourth & Inches
Double D
Any Given Dynasty
Eat Cheese Dynasty
NFL's Finest
Cafe Very Special Forces
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby JasonSeahorn » Thu Nov 15, 2007 8:52 pm

right now i'd want chad over smith, harrison, and driver. harrison is hurt, driver is losing passes to jones/jennings, and smith has no one to throw him the ball.

chad is still getting yards, the tds will come. he's had a bunch of long passes where he gets tackled or goes out of bounds near the end zone, he'll break some of those for touchdowns.

Thanks to deluxe_247 for sig, he is welcome to sail with the Captain too!

I will win all of the fantasy cafe games.....next year
JasonSeahorn
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby LS2throwed » Thu Nov 15, 2007 9:00 pm

JasonSeahorn wrote:right now i'd want chad over smith, harrison, and driver. harrison is hurt, driver is losing passes to jones/jennings, and smith has no one to throw him the ball.

chad is still getting yards, the tds will come. he's had a bunch of long passes where he gets tackled or goes out of bounds near the end zone, he'll break some of those for touchdowns.

weeks 14-16 for Cincy...

STL
SF
Cleveland(championship week)

his tds will come at the most crucial times

SacKings384 wrote:Like I've said before, Chad Johnson is not a physical receiver. He lacks the strength to break away from his man in the red zone, and there isn't enough room to use speed to break away. This season, the Bengals haven't been getting those deep 50 yard bombs for TD's, and therefore Chad isn't catching any. Chris Henry coming back makes Chad nothing more than a decoy in the endzone.

R u serious?? I cant tell if you are or being fecetious, but if you are serious I have to question how much you watch football because this is so off base its not even funny...

Chad is not a physical wr, and if the redzone there is no room to use his speed so he's not a good redzone wr?? If thats the case how does Steve Smith EVER score a td?? And Chris Henry makes Chad a decoy? WOW...You act like this is the first time Chad, TJ, and Henry have played together this year, and Chad being a decoy is hilarious to me...I have to seriously question how much you have ever watched the Bengals play with a post like that
Current Cafe Dynasties:
4th and Goal
Fourth & Inches
Double D
Any Given Dynasty
Eat Cheese Dynasty
NFL's Finest
Cafe Very Special Forces
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer