Dante' Hall - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Article Discussions

Dante' Hall

Moderators: daullaz, Football Moderators

Dante' Hall

Postby WebHamster » Mon Nov 12, 2007 12:29 pm

This thread contains comments on KC Chance's Sleeper "Dante' Hall", which was featured in the Cafe's Sleepers section on November 12, 2007. The full article can be read here.
WebHamster
Service Robot
Service Robot

Pick 3 ChampionCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 204)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Dante' Hall - More Sleepers For Next Weeks: Terry Glenn...

Postby ariel_mirahy » Mon Nov 12, 2007 4:19 pm

For the next weeks:

*Terry Glenn might be a good sleeper, as he will return to his 2nd WR spot and with Romo riding the hot streak..., he could have big games even if TO is there, last year he received 6 TD's and 1000+ yds, while Owens received 8 TD's and about 800 yds. This year his absence has given Witten, Crayton and even Owens more production (in fantasy points terms), but he could turn that production to himself, he has to be definitely considered as a nice 2nd WR, Flex Spot in most of the fantasy teams..., although the question is: "Can he come back to his prior injury form after being some weeks without practicing?".

*Chester Taylor will have the bulk of the carries at Minnesota, eventhough he isn't as potent as Peterson, I think that Peterson's performance is involved with the great Offensive Line at Minnesota, the addition of Hutchinson and more (is the exactly same reason of Alexander's miss production + Mack Strong on IR), the point is that this season, Taylor have been more explosive than last year, eventhough he hasn't have the same amount of carries than last year, Taylor is averaging a 4.9 yds per carry with 304 yds in 61 carries..., also take in count that he will involved in the receiving game..., now that Peterson have been ruled out at least 1 week, he might be considered as a good pickup for the next weeks.

*DeAngelo Williams has shown to be explosive and if Foster is really injured, he can explode even more now that Carolina is experiencing a tough time with the air attack..., but I wouldn't consider a pickup, just a watch over the next weeks.

More sleepers (I don't know if you have considered them or posted them, because they are kind of old)

Javon Walker (many people might have released him), Ricky Williams (might return with a team that needs RB help, Miami doesn't want him), Chris Henry (In his first game he racked up 99 yds even with a poorly bad performance of Palmer), David Patten (He could be consider as the 2nd WR at NO, even more now that Brees is in the hot streak).
Do You Like NFL Betting?, Check My Bet Tracker!!! http://www.ibetsportsapps.com/NFL/
ariel_mirahy
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Fantasy ExpertLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Dante' Hall - More Sleepers For Next Weeks: Terry Glenn...

Postby latraffic » Tue Nov 13, 2007 9:50 am

ariel_mirahy wrote:For the next weeks:

*Terry Glenn might be a good sleeper, as he will return to his 2nd WR spot and with Romo riding the hot streak..., he could have big games even if TO is there, last year he received 6 TD's and 1000+ yds, while Owens received 8 TD's and about 800 yds. This year his absence has given Witten, Crayton and even Owens more production (in fantasy points terms), but he could turn that production to himself, he has to be definitely considered as a nice 2nd WR, Flex Spot in most of the fantasy teams..., although the question is: "Can he come back to his prior injury form after being some weeks without practicing?".

*Chester Taylor will have the bulk of the carries at Minnesota, eventhough he isn't as potent as Peterson, I think that Peterson's performance is involved with the great Offensive Line at Minnesota, the addition of Hutchinson and more (is the exactly same reason of Alexander's miss production + Mack Strong on IR), the point is that this season, Taylor have been more explosive than last year, eventhough he hasn't have the same amount of carries than last year, Taylor is averaging a 4.9 yds per carry with 304 yds in 61 carries..., also take in count that he will involved in the receiving game..., now that Peterson have been ruled out at least 1 week, he might be considered as a good pickup for the next weeks.

*DeAngelo Williams has shown to be explosive and if Foster is really injured, he can explode even more now that Carolina is experiencing a tough time with the air attack..., but I wouldn't consider a pickup, just a watch over the next weeks.

More sleepers (I don't know if you have considered them or posted them, because they are kind of old)

Javon Walker (many people might have released him), Ricky Williams (might return with a team that needs RB help, Miami doesn't want him), Chris Henry (In his first game he racked up 99 yds even with a poorly bad performance of Palmer), David Patten (He could be consider as the 2nd WR at NO, even more now that Brees is in the hot streak).

Thanks. I sent a note to Madison to get you info on how to get setup as a writer on the site so this can be submitted officially for next week. If you don't hear from him ASAP, send me a PM. I appreciate you stepping up and being willing to come up with some names. Very cool. And if you don't want to see your name in lights on the main page, let me know that too and maybe I can ghost write what you recommended, giving you credit of course.

Anyone else? We have quite a few weeks left so be on the look out for recommendations. ;-D
Thank God for Football Season.
latraffic
Head Coach
Head Coach

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerEagle EyeCafecasterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Re: Dante' Hall

Postby Madison » Tue Nov 13, 2007 10:02 am

Agreed. Some good info ;-D . Ariel_mirahy, we're always looking for solid writers and pieces and there can never be enough sleeper articles. If you're interested in contributing on a larger scale to a bigger audience, please check out this forum for the details:

http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=233

Thanks! ;-D

I am the Reaper of Men,
The Chaser of Souls,
The Weaver of Nightmares,
I am The Heart of Darkness.
I now, and ever will be,
The Purity of Evil.
Madison
Lord of Darkness
Lord of Darkness

ExecutiveMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberMatchup Meltdown ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby JabbaBen » Wed Nov 14, 2007 12:04 pm

I like the Hall pick. I play in a league that counts return yards the same as rush yards, so guys like this are always in play as people to watch. Nice to see some attention to a non-standard scoring format.
JabbaBen Beginner
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby latraffic » Thu Nov 15, 2007 1:47 pm

JabbaBen wrote:I like the Hall pick. I play in a league that counts return yards the same as rush yards, so guys like this are always in play as people to watch. Nice to see some attention to a non-standard scoring format.

Thank you, JabbaBen. Coming from you, who I know does not like most of my picks, this is a high compliment. I'm glad I could come up with someone you agree with. I appreciate your feedback. :-)
Thank God for Football Season.
latraffic
Head Coach
Head Coach

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerEagle EyeCafecasterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby ariel_mirahy » Thu Nov 15, 2007 3:50 pm

Ricky Williams was reinstated, right now Chatman is the starter, but if Williams shows skills behind the new improved Offensive Line at Miami, he could steal the job, eventhough I don't think he will be the starter RB, but with Cam's posture over troubled players, could mean a release for Williams which could lead to a pick up by Dallas or by any other team with RB necessity, that scenario could be huge for Williams' performance and could have a great fantasy value...

PS. I do want to be a writer at this site, I'll sign up later...
Last edited by ariel_mirahy on Tue Nov 20, 2007 3:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Do You Like NFL Betting?, Check My Bet Tracker!!! http://www.ibetsportsapps.com/NFL/
ariel_mirahy
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Fantasy ExpertLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby JabbaBen » Thu Nov 15, 2007 10:09 pm

latraffic wrote:
JabbaBen wrote:I like the Hall pick. I play in a league that counts return yards the same as rush yards, so guys like this are always in play as people to watch. Nice to see some attention to a non-standard scoring format.

Thank you, JabbaBen. Coming from you, who I know does not like most of my picks, this is a high compliment. I'm glad I could come up with someone you agree with. I appreciate your feedback. :-)

I actually think most of your picks are good. I just spend too much time reading FF articles and watching games, so sometimes I feel they are a little bit of low-hanging fruit. Not bad picks though. :-)
JabbaBen Beginner
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby flexnsa » Thu Nov 15, 2007 10:24 pm

Just wanted to say thanks for the Dante Hall sleeper post! I just grabbed him in my league and will start him this week against SF. Were awarded 10 ret yds/1 pt!
flexnsa
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby JabbaBen » Thu Nov 15, 2007 10:42 pm

flexnsa wrote:Just wanted to say thanks for the Dante Hall sleeper post! I just grabbed him in my league and will start him this week against SF. Were awarded 10 ret yds/1 pt!

Our scoring is the same. He is a very nice grab in a league like that, especially with Brice out, he may see some route production (don't get hopes up though). Unfortunatley for me, I wasn't the only one watching him and he got scopped last week, mid-week. Beware against SF though. They may not score many (any?) points and the bulk of the return yards come from kickoffs. Still, he is a nice grab for the rest of the season.
JabbaBen Beginner
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Next

Return to Article Discussions