Dante' Hall - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Article Discussions

Dante' Hall

Moderators: daullaz, Football Moderators

Re: Dante' Hall - More Sleepers For Next Weeks: Terry Glenn...

Postby ariel_mirahy » Tue Nov 20, 2007 12:14 am

ariel_mirahy wrote:For the next weeks:

*Chester Taylor will have the bulk of the carries at Minnesota, eventhough he isn't as potent as Peterson, I think that Peterson's performance is involved with the great Offensive Line at Minnesota, the addition of Hutchinson and more (is the exactly same reason of Alexander's miss production + Mack Strong on IR), the point is that this season, Taylor have been more explosive than last year, eventhough he hasn't have the same amount of carries than last year, Taylor is averaging a 4.9 yds per carry with 304 yds in 61 carries..., also take in count that he will involved in the receiving game..., now that Peterson have been ruled out at least 1 week, he might be considered as a good pickup for the next weeks.

And he just had a big game...
Do You Like NFL Betting?, Check My Bet Tracker!!! http://www.ibetsportsapps.com/NFL/
ariel_mirahy
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Fantasy ExpertLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Dante' Hall

Postby JabbaBen » Tue Nov 20, 2007 1:29 pm

ariel_mirahy wrote:

*Chester Taylor will have the bulk of the carries at Minnesota, eventhough he isn't as potent as Peterson, I think that Peterson's performance is involved with the great Offensive Line at Minnesota, the addition of Hutchinson and more (is the exactly same reason of Alexander's miss production + Mack Strong on IR), the point is that this season, Taylor have been more explosive than last year, eventhough he hasn't have the same amount of carries than last year, Taylor is averaging a 4.9 yds per carry with 304 yds in 61 carries..., also take in count that he will involved in the receiving game..., now that Peterson have been ruled out at least 1 week, he might be considered as a good pickup for the next weeks.

In fairness to KC, I'll tell you what I told her. Picking an RB as a "sleeper" after the main guy goes down is not really an interesting or difficult pick. Certainly not something to brag about (didn't see any mention of the other guys you mentioned...hmmm...). He was obviously going to start, and going against the worst run D in the league. Lemme guess, this week Droughns is your sleeper after Jacobs got hurt. Taylor was probably owned already in most 12-team leagues too. Anyways, we don't need to start another chain of "Jabba is a jerk" posts, but just thought I'd be fair to KC. I probably would have let it slide if you hadn't started patting yourself on the back.
JabbaBen Beginner
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby ariel_mirahy » Tue Nov 20, 2007 10:56 pm

JabbaBen wrote:
ariel_mirahy wrote:

In fairness to KC, I'll tell you what I told her. Picking an RB as a "sleeper" after the main guy goes down is not really an interesting or difficult pick. Certainly not something to brag about (didn't see any mention of the other guys you mentioned...hmmm...). He was obviously going to start, and going against the worst run D in the league. Lemme guess, this week Droughns is your sleeper after Jacobs got hurt. Taylor was probably owned already in most 12-team leagues too. Anyways, we don't need to start another chain of "Jabba is a jerk" posts, but just thought I'd be fair to KC. I probably would have let it slide if you hadn't started patting yourself on the back.

You are right..., a guy who has been named starter is not really a sleeper, but the thing that I really want to do is put the best player in most free agencies on the people's head, so they can pick up a guy who will actually will give them points..., at that time, Taylor wasn't owned by most of the leagues' teams, but now, I doubt that he isn't owned by most of them, what I do is not really put a sleeper name, but is more like an opinion which tells you to grab a big player out of the free agency, but if I can't call it sleeper, how can I call it?
Do You Like NFL Betting?, Check My Bet Tracker!!! http://www.ibetsportsapps.com/NFL/
ariel_mirahy
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Fantasy ExpertLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby JabbaBen » Tue Nov 20, 2007 11:13 pm

ariel_mirahy wrote:...<snip>
is more like an opinion which tells you to grab a big player out of the free agency, but if I can't call it sleeper, how can I call it?

They are generally referred to waiver claims of the week or pickups of the week (Yahoo!) or something like that I think.
JabbaBen Beginner
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby treat24 » Wed Nov 21, 2007 11:07 am

Taylor was owned in most leagues... well over 50%. I'm shocked he was "unowned" in any 12 team leagues. I understand it in 10 team leagues, but barely.

and Droughns against the Vikings run D might not be the best call either.

I agree with you Jabba. KC picks players that are available in leagues. Hence her less than 5% rule. I assumed that every player ariel mentioned last week were his "sleeper" picks meaning they were in for a big week, not that people should get them in free agency. That is kind of absurd. The players he mentioned should have been owned in most leagues. I know for a fact Chester was.

I am glad Chester had a great game and you were right about him ariel. As everyone knows I bleed purple. The Vikes are my team. I actually kind of wished we had played a good game and lost. The best thing for this team is to get a QB, a Corner, and a new head coach. A better draft pick can help get one of those.
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I'm drinking 'til I forget the 1999 NFC Championship game.

Previous

Return to Article Discussions