Anquan Boldin - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Anquan Boldin

Moderator: Football Moderators

Anquan Boldin

Postby Bwanna » Mon Nov 12, 2007 2:59 pm

Nov 11 Boldin tied his season-low with only three catches on Sunday. He gained 25 yards.

Recommendation: In three games since returning from a three-game absence due to a hip injury, Boldin has totaled 14 catches for 94 yards. He said that he might not be 100 percent for the rest of the year and his recent play is evidence to that effect. The Cardinals hadn't done a lot offensively in recent weeks until they exploded for 31 points on Sunday. It's an ominous sign that Boldin wasn't a big part of the explosion. He does have a strong matchup in Week 11 at Cincinnati.

Thoughts about his lack of production?
Can someone that watched him play yesterday comment on his play?
How many looks did he get?
Bwanna
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Anquan Boldin

Postby JasonSeahorn » Mon Nov 12, 2007 3:57 pm

i didn't see the game, but i have noticed that the tight end leonard pope is getting a lot of endzone looks, which normall would go to fitz/boldin in past years. plus, they do run more in general than they have for the past couple years

Thanks to deluxe_247 for sig, he is welcome to sail with the Captain too!

I will win all of the fantasy cafe games.....next year
JasonSeahorn
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby LS2throwed » Mon Nov 12, 2007 6:38 pm

its one of those things you may have to live and die with, im having the same troubles with burress, and i just sent out a deal for boldin straight up, he's banged up too, but his worries are probably less then burress...

we may see fitz start to take over the huge games from here on out, i dont know specifics about his injury or what level he is playing at to know more
Current Cafe Dynasties:
4th and Goal
Fourth & Inches
Double D
Any Given Dynasty
Eat Cheese Dynasty
NFL's Finest
Cafe Very Special Forces
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby SniperShot » Mon Nov 12, 2007 7:16 pm

I'd love to have Burress over Boldin. At least Burress has proven he can produce at less than 100% unlike Boldin.

What the heck though, Boldin says he won't be 100% the rest of the season, does that mean he'll be 20%?! He's playing like he's at 20% that's for sure, when somebody says they won't be 100% but aren't on the injury report I'd think they are at least 80%+...
SniperShot
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 14)

Postby LS2throwed » Tue Nov 13, 2007 12:02 am

SniperShot wrote:I'd love to have Burress over Boldin. At least Burress has proven he can produce at less than 100% unlike Boldin.

What the heck though, Boldin says he won't be 100% the rest of the season, does that mean he'll be 20%?! He's playing like he's at 20% that's for sure, when somebody says they won't be 100% but aren't on the injury report I'd think they are at least 80%+...

yea but Burress foot has been getting worse, especialy having a week off and it being as worse as its been all year, i doubt it gets better with little rest time...At least in Boldins case, I can see him improving in a few weeks after rest...im not sure whose better down the stretch, but i think Boldin has the better chances at big games
Current Cafe Dynasties:
4th and Goal
Fourth & Inches
Double D
Any Given Dynasty
Eat Cheese Dynasty
NFL's Finest
Cafe Very Special Forces
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Bwanna » Tue Nov 13, 2007 9:47 am

In the Detroit game, Boldin had 3 catches, but 9 targets vs 8 catches/10 targets for Fitz.

I didn't see the game, but I'm guessing he was well covered, and possibly not able to get open as much as Fitz -- due to coverage and/or not being able to run his routes as crisply due to his hip.

I was wondering if Warner was favoring Fitz that much more than Anquan, but I'm relieved to see the number of targets were almost the same.
Bwanna
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby FatFoot » Tue Nov 13, 2007 12:00 pm

You don't get well covered vs Detroit.
FatFoot
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby LS2throwed » Tue Nov 13, 2007 1:42 pm

the past has shown Warner tends to go to Boldin more so then Fitzgerald, but that may not be so much the case the 2nd half of the year...its really a tough call, i hate when reports come out and say "they may not be 100% for the rest of the year" because its tough to tell if that means they can still produce at a high level or not...

but honestly, if Boldin was just out there going through the motions, and not able to get open at all, i highly doubt he would be in there, they would put in bryant johnson, you always want your stars to play but not if their not able to produce
Current Cafe Dynasties:
4th and Goal
Fourth & Inches
Double D
Any Given Dynasty
Eat Cheese Dynasty
NFL's Finest
Cafe Very Special Forces
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Bwanna » Tue Nov 13, 2007 2:32 pm

from the injury forum...
zenfool wrote:
Even though he's no longer listed on the injury report, Cardinals head coach Ken Whisenhunt told the Arizona Republic that Anquan Boldin's hip is bothering him. Boldin admitted recently that the hip injury he suffered earlier this season is expected to linger on through the rest of the season, and that's why some of his explosiveness is missing. "It really bothers him when he picks his leg up, and that's when you drive in and out of your routes," Whisenhunt said of Boldin's hip. "Until he gets back 100 percent, he's not going to be as good as maybe you would expect for him to be."
(Updated 11/13/2007).

From CBS sports... Looks like he could be a bit gimpy for the rest of the year... Yikes.

http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/players/playerpage/395928
Bwanna
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby WestCoastBucFan » Tue Nov 13, 2007 7:14 pm

With Boldin not at 100 % , would anyone consider starting Bryant Johnson, or even Leonard Pope TE instead? Both could benefit from a missing or less than 100% Boldin.
WestCoastBucFan
Water Boy
Water Boy

Next

Return to Football Talk