Anquan Boldin - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Anquan Boldin

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Anquan Boldin

Postby JasonSeahorn » Tue Nov 13, 2007 11:46 pm

WestCoastBucFan wrote:With Boldin not at 100 % , would anyone consider starting Bryant Johnson, or even Leonard Pope TE instead? Both could benefit from a missing or less than 100% Boldin.

pope had done well the past couple games...vs a good match up you can consider him if you are looking at WW tight ends.

bryant johnson i wouldn't bother.

Thanks to deluxe_247 for sig, he is welcome to sail with the Captain too!

I will win all of the fantasy cafe games.....next year
JasonSeahorn
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby LS2throwed » Fri Nov 16, 2007 2:34 am

Bwanna wrote:from the injury forum...
zenfool wrote:
Even though he's no longer listed on the injury report, Cardinals head coach Ken Whisenhunt told the Arizona Republic that Anquan Boldin's hip is bothering him. Boldin admitted recently that the hip injury he suffered earlier this season is expected to linger on through the rest of the season, and that's why some of his explosiveness is missing. "It really bothers him when he picks his leg up, and that's when you drive in and out of your routes," Whisenhunt said of Boldin's hip. "Until he gets back 100 percent, he's not going to be as good as maybe you would expect for him to be."
(Updated 11/13/2007).

From CBS sports... Looks like he could be a bit gimpy for the rest of the year... Yikes.

http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/players/playerpage/395928

in that link it says "until he gets back to 100% he wont be as good as you would expect him to be"

My question is does anyone here know if he is going to get worse as the season goes on, or will he get better as the weeks go on, where maybe by playoff time he is close to being healthy and can produce at a higher level then recently...i wish i could watch a game and see how he looks but i just have 2 go off reports, i have no choice but to keep him, but if he doesnt do something relevant in terms of yardage vs Cincy and SF these next two weeks he is going to have to sit the bench until further notice
Current Cafe Dynasties:
4th and Goal
Fourth & Inches
Double D
Any Given Dynasty
Eat Cheese Dynasty
NFL's Finest
Cafe Very Special Forces
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby Heimholder » Sat Nov 17, 2007 9:36 am

I own Boldin and watched the Lions/Cards game. The missed passes to him seemed to all be batted down by defenders in mostly single coverage. Seemed to me that it was a combination of Warner not leading Boldin well enough, and Boldin not getting enough separation. I'm very interested in what happens this week vs. the Bengals. If Boldin can't get at least 70 yards against these guys, I fear all may be lost for him this season...
Heimholder
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby LS2throwed » Sun Nov 18, 2007 2:03 pm

I think we can all take a collective sigh and welcome the old Boldin back...I know its only Cincy but its nice to see him dominating again...Heres 2 hoping his injury is behind him ;-D
Current Cafe Dynasties:
4th and Goal
Fourth & Inches
Double D
Any Given Dynasty
Eat Cheese Dynasty
NFL's Finest
Cafe Very Special Forces
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby eagle0588 » Sun Nov 18, 2007 5:33 pm

well he won't be 100% again this season but he's still good enough to start and finish off his games. He will still get a lot of looks and throws in the pass happy offense and especially in the red zone. Arizona has a pretty easy schedule down the road so I wouldn't bench him unless you have some great studs on your roster
eagle0588
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Previous

Return to Football Talk