Brian Westbrook - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Brian Westbrook

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Brian Westbrook

Postby milo » Tue Nov 13, 2007 12:09 pm

eaglesrule wrote:Interesting to note about Westbrook: he hasn't fumbled in his last 458 touches, and has only three since 2004, which spans 984 touches.

Yeah we were just talking about that this sunday watching the game a second before LJ fumbled haha. He is a beast, if only Reid would stick with him in the second half in all games.
milo
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Postby McPeePants » Tue Nov 13, 2007 12:17 pm

While I think both McNabb and Reid will be back next year. Either leaving would really effect Westbrook's value.
McPeePants
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby eaglesrule » Tue Nov 13, 2007 12:47 pm

Really, I would think it would help honestly. Or at least leave it neutral. Reid has this aversion to running, he only goes to when he really has to.
The opening scene of the movie "Saving Private Ryan" is loosely based on games of dodgeball Brian Dawkins played in second grade.
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

Postby eagle0588 » Wed Nov 14, 2007 1:12 am

westbrook gets his touches, but unlike a lot of backs out there, he is a great receiver. So whether he doesn't get 25 rushes in a game should not be an issue because he is also their best receiver and he does get his receptions that will make up for those rush attempts that he otherwise wouldn't get like a lot of other top backs. If you saw the game against washington he had 100 yards rushing and 80+ yards receiving with 3 TDs. Now you can't expect that every game but he's a dual threat that can take it all the way. Now because he's always having some kind of injury (altough he almost always plays) is why he gets overlooked in the draft and drops to either low 1st or early 2nd round. The eagles offense revolves around him and I took him in the early 2nd round and although he's been up and down you can always count on him to put at least 100 total yards every game.
eagle0588
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby eaglesfan » Wed Nov 14, 2007 8:50 am

I'd have to check...but I think he's put up at least 16 points ever single game thie year...I doubt any RB has com close to that (PPR)
10 Team, H2H, PPR
Lineup:
E. Manning - T. Romo
W. Welker - R. Cobb - H. Nicks
M. Forte - D. Sproles - CJ Spiller - S. Ridley
J. Finley - K. Rudolph
M. Bryant
Arizona - Green Bay
eaglesfan
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker

Postby octagon999 » Wed Nov 14, 2007 9:20 am

In my league, he scored:

14, 17, 44, 0 (injured?), Bye, 18, 13, 20, 25, 40.

He was a steal at 8th in our league, and I hope that everyone continues to overlook him/devalue him.
octagon999
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 8)

Postby DraftDodger » Wed Nov 14, 2007 10:08 am

skibrett15 wrote:Ha. Can't wait for next year when brady returns to above average numbers as opposed to his career year numbers. Brady is not a first round pick. Neither is Manning. But that can wait for next offseason. PPR westbrook is probably 1b overall to LT.

Could you explain that Brady comment for those of us on the short bus? Considering that he should still have most of his passing weapons, where do you see a dropoff for Brady? You think he's just going to say the hell with it after adding another Super Bowl ring to his collection? :-D

Westy scares me. I consider him, not the sum of any team, the greatest challenge that the Patriots will face this year. Belichick usually does a great job of taking an opponent's biggest weapon out of the mix, but I'll be awed if he can do that with Westbrook. I'll breathe a lot easier for the Pats' perfect season once they're by Philly.
DraftDodger
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Writer

Postby ivesaidway2much » Wed Nov 14, 2007 11:54 am

DraftDodger wrote:
skibrett15 wrote:Ha. Can't wait for next year when brady returns to above average numbers as opposed to his career year numbers. Brady is not a first round pick. Neither is Manning. But that can wait for next offseason. PPR westbrook is probably 1b overall to LT.

Could you explain that Brady comment for those of us on the short bus? Considering that he should still have most of his passing weapons, where do you see a dropoff for Brady? You think he's just going to say the hell with it after adding another Super Bowl ring to his collection? :-D

Westy scares me. I consider him, not the sum of any team, the greatest challenge that the Patriots will face this year. Belichick usually does a great job of taking an opponent's biggest weapon out of the mix, but I'll be awed if he can do that with Westbrook. I'll breathe a lot easier for the Pats' perfect season once they're by Philly.
It all depends on whether Moss goes for more money or more rings. Moss has made even mediocre to crappy QB's like Jeff George, Brad Johnson, and Culpepper look like near Pro Bowlers. If he leaves this season, and the Patriots will merely have a good WR corps, and teams can go back to playing sound defenses against them. Unless of course you think either Welker, Stallworth, or whatever other WR the Pats could sign for 2008 could beat a triple coverage.

As for Westbrook, with Tomlinson on the decline, he very well may be the most talented back in the league. Probaby not the best rusher, but he is still very good at it. Very likely the best receiving back. Excellent vision at all levels, and the ability to make something out of nothing. He's certainly the most complete back. Next year, I'd honestly consider taking him over LdT.
ivesaidway2much
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby eaglesrule » Wed Nov 14, 2007 12:37 pm

I wouldn't take him over Tomlinson, but I do think he is very underrated. I mean its one thing on TV, but if you see him live, its really almost funny when linebackers try and catch/tackle him. I think he is underrated between the tackles runner, he seems good at it when Reid gives him the opportunity. Is he the best at it? no, but he is solid. But I think the gap between him in this regard and the other elite backs, is not as big as the gap between him in the "flex" game: screens, catching balls, etc. If given the option of moving him for any other back in the league, I'd not think twice about Tomlinson really (much more storied track record). Anyone else, I gotta be honest, I wouldn't unquestionably say "yes." Perhaps I would upon further review, but I'm not reflexive on anyone else. While Bush may get to this level, it seems to me that what Brian is doing now is what everyone thought Bush would be doing. funny thing to me is, he gets props, but no where near the hype that someone like Bush gets. (well, I guess he is starting to get dogged, but you get my point)
The opening scene of the movie "Saving Private Ryan" is loosely based on games of dodgeball Brian Dawkins played in second grade.
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

Postby skibrett15 » Wed Nov 14, 2007 11:37 pm

Look, I can definitely see Brady being qb 1 again next year in fantasy. I can't see him being on a pace to throw 59 TDs again. He probably won't throw 59 TDs this year since he seems to be cooling off a little, but he is having an obvious career year which will be followed by not as good of a year. Most likely he doesn't sniff the 40 TDs and 4400 yards that would be required for him to warrant a first round draft pick as a QB next year. Look what happened with manning 4550/49/10 followed by 3700/28/10. Marino had a similar regression following his 48TD year, 5038/48/17 to 4137/30/21. Go ahead and take brady. I'll take brian westbrook.
ADMIN edit: please note that the overall sig limit is 12k - thanks!
(Thanks Leber)
AIM is like multiplayer notepad
skibrett15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Previous

Return to Football Talk