Christmas Mafia (RULES & SIGN-UP) - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Christmas Mafia (RULES & SIGN-UP)

Moderator: Football Moderators

Christmas Mafia (RULES & SIGN-UP)

Postby Kilroy » Tue Nov 13, 2007 4:00 am

CHRISTMAS MAFIA

RULES

Basic Gameplay
Christmas Mafia is a battle between an informed minority and an uninformed majority. Players are divided into two teams: "Wal-Mart Spies", who know each other; and "Elves", who know only the number of spies amongst them. The goal of each "team" is to eliminate the other.

Roles
Roles are assigned by the Bad Santa Overlord. The following are the available roles:

Wal-Mart Midget Spies - These are bad guys sent to spy on Santa and steal his secrets. They know who each other are. At night they get 1 Night Kill. The number of spies will depend on the Total number of players.

Elves- These are just regular Santa's helpers. They have nothing special about them.

"Manson the Elf"- an Insane Serial Killer terrorizing the North Pole. At night Manson gets 1 Night Kill.

Night
Night begins after a player is killed (by banishment or "Act of Bad Santa Overlord"), and lasts until the moderator posts that day has started. There will be no voting allowed during the night.

Day
At the beginning of the Day, the Moderator announces the victims. These players are "dead" and may no longer participate in the game in any way.

During the daytime phase, the Elves deliberate over which suspected “Spy" member they wish to nominate for banishment. At any time any player may post a vote for which player he/she feels should be banished. For someone to be banished, a majority vote (more than 50%) needs to be reached. Once someone is banished, please PM the moderator.

NOTE: If no player has been banished by Midnight Eastern on any game day then the ""Act of Bad Santa Overlord"" Rule will be instituted and the game will progress.

"Act of Bad Santa Overlord"
If no player has been banished by the cutoff time on any game day then the Bad Santa Overlord will randomly select a player and kill them in the most gruesome fashion he can think of.

How To Win
The game ends when:

1.) the last Spy and Manson have been banished (Elf victory)

2.) All non-Spy players have been banished or killed. (Spy victory)

3.) Only Manson and one player (from either faction) remain. (Manson victory)

Additional Rules
1. The moderator's ruling is final. If you think that a decision is unfair, feel free to post why you think so after the game is over. Moderators can always use constructive criticism. Do not, however, be nasty about it.

2. While posting in Game Day threads is permitted during the "Night" portion, voting is not.

3. Do not post anything game-related (even "I suspect him!") once you are dead. In particular, if day has just started, make sure that you haven't died before revealing information you just received at night.

4. Please vote in this syntax (including the bold):
A normal vote wrote:
Vote: member name

Changing a vote wrote:
Unvote: member name
New vote: member name

5. Never show PMs from the moderator to anyone in the game. Quoting your PM to prove your innocence is strictly forbidden.

6. Do not discuss the game with other players outside of the thread unless you are part of the Spy group.

7. Do not sign up for a game under two different names.

8. Do NOT edit posts - if you say something you didn't mean to, that's your mistake. Make 2 posts if you forget something, don't edit the 1st one.

9. the Moderator will occasionally post vote tallies. Once a majority vote is achieved, voting stops and votes cannot be changed. PM the moderator whenever a majority vote is reached.

10. If Manson is banished he is still entitled to a Kill that night. (The murder took place just before the banishment, but the body was not discovered until later)

1.) deerayfan072
2.) moonhead
3.) joelamosobadiah
4.) Jimboozie
5.) eastcoaster
6.) dream_017
7.) SwiperNoSwiping
8.) Mookie4ever
9.) PMoneyTKE
10.) eagles21
11.) Dolfin99
12.) m16a
13.) houstonherdfan
14.) RiffRaff
15.) whodey#9
16.) Tiki
17.) steelerfan513
18.) A Fleshner Fantasy
19.) WickedSmaat
20.) Leber

Sign-Up Open Until 12/1/07
Game Begins 12/4/07

Moderator: treat24
Bad Santa Overlord: Kilroy1872
Last edited by Kilroy on Sat Dec 01, 2007 10:36 pm, edited 8 times in total.

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
Kilroy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Christmas Mafia?

Postby deerayfan072 » Tue Nov 13, 2007 9:17 am

I can help you out B-)
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby moonhead » Tue Nov 13, 2007 9:47 am

i could play.
moonhead
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Location: questioning your fanhood...funk o'meter: funkalicious

Postby treat24 » Tue Nov 13, 2007 11:34 am

obviously willing to help. ;-D ;-D ;-D
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I'm drinking 'til I forget the 1999 NFC Championship game.

Postby joelamosobadiah » Tue Nov 13, 2007 11:39 am

Hillarious. you shouldn't be coming up with ideas like this at 3 AM. :-D
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Jimboozie » Tue Nov 13, 2007 11:53 am

I'll play if Bad Santa makes a cameo. :-D
Jimboozie Beginner
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby eastcoaster » Tue Nov 13, 2007 12:36 pm

I'd take a spot if there's room.
eastcoaster
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby dream_017 » Tue Nov 13, 2007 12:41 pm

I enjoy playing inappropriate themed mafia games ;-D
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 55)

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Tue Nov 13, 2007 12:54 pm

I might be able to make an appearance depending on when it starts. We do have family coming into town..
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Mookie4ever » Tue Nov 13, 2007 2:20 pm

I'll play if there's room.

"I think that gay marriage should be something between a man and a woman" Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeBaseball ModHockey ModBasketball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Next

Return to General Talk