Christmas Mafia is a battle between an informed minority and an uninformed majority. Players are divided into two teams: "Wal-Mart Spies", who know each other; and "Elves", who know only the number of spies amongst them. The goal of each "team" is to eliminate the other.
Roles are assigned by the Bad Santa Overlord. The following are the available roles:
Wal-Mart Midget Spies - These are bad guys sent to spy on Santa and steal his secrets. They know who each other are. At night they get 1 Night Kill. The number of spies will depend on the Total number of players.
Elves- These are just regular Santa's helpers. They have nothing special about them.
"Manson the Elf"- an Insane Serial Killer terrorizing the North Pole. At night Manson gets 1 Night Kill.
Night begins after a player is killed (by banishment or "Act of Bad Santa Overlord"), and lasts until the moderator posts that day has started. There will be no voting allowed during the night.
At the beginning of the Day, the Moderator announces the victims. These players are "dead" and may no longer participate in the game in any way.
During the daytime phase, the Elves deliberate over which suspected “Spy" member they wish to nominate for banishment. At any time any player may post a vote for which player he/she feels should be banished. For someone to be banished, a majority vote (more than 50%) needs to be reached. Once someone is banished, please PM the moderator.
NOTE: If no player has been banished by Midnight Eastern on any game day then the ""Act of Bad Santa Overlord"" Rule will be instituted and the game will progress.
"Act of Bad Santa Overlord"
If no player has been banished by the cutoff time on any game day then the Bad Santa Overlord will randomly select a player and kill them in the most gruesome fashion he can think of.
How To Win
The game ends when:
1.) the last Spy and Manson have been banished (Elf victory)
2.) All non-Spy players have been banished or killed. (Spy victory)
3.) Only Manson and one player (from either faction) remain. (Manson victory)
1. The moderator's ruling is final. If you think that a decision is unfair, feel free to post why you think so after the game is over. Moderators can always use constructive criticism. Do not, however, be nasty about it.
2. While posting in Game Day threads is permitted during the "Night" portion, voting is not.
3. Do not post anything game-related (even "I suspect him!") once you are dead. In particular, if day has just started, make sure that you haven't died before revealing information you just received at night.
4. Please vote in this syntax (including the bold):
A normal vote wrote:Vote
: member name
Changing a vote wrote:Unvote
: member nameNew vote
: member name
5. Never show PMs from the moderator to anyone in the game. Quoting your PM to prove your innocence is strictly forbidden.
6. Do not discuss the game with other players outside of the thread unless you are part of the Spy group.
7. Do not sign up for a game under two different names.
8. Do NOT edit posts - if you say something you didn't mean to, that's your mistake. Make 2 posts if you forget something, don't edit the 1st one.
9. the Moderator will occasionally post vote tallies. Once a majority vote is achieved, voting stops and votes cannot be changed. PM the moderator whenever a majority vote is reached.
10. If Manson is banished he is still entitled to a Kill that night. (The murder took place just before the banishment, but the body was not discovered until later)
18.) A Fleshner Fantasy
Sign-Up Open Until 12/1/07
Game Begins 12/4/07
Bad Santa Overlord: Kilroy1872
Last edited by Kilroy on Sat Dec 01, 2007 10:36 pm, edited 8 times in total.