Questionable trade - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Commissioner's Corner

Questionable trade

Moderator: Football Moderators

Questionable trade

Postby THEOT » Tue Nov 13, 2007 8:43 am

I have a pending trade in a league that I think is possibly collusion.

Team A is (10-0) giving up
Jamal Lewis 65.00
Alge Crumpler 25.00

For Team B's (4-6 record)
LenDale White 62.50
Kellen Winslow 65.00

Reason I question it is why would you trade your TE with 65 point for one with 25 to the UNBEATEN team?

Do I protest it?
THEOT
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 4)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Questionable trade

Postby shawngee03 » Tue Nov 13, 2007 9:43 am

i would contact both parties and ask them their reasons for trading. if they can give reasonable answers then you cant veto. if it smells fishy then by all means protest. and you cant simply look at raw total pts as crumpler had a good game last week, and lendale did not
shawngee03
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby RCR » Tue Nov 13, 2007 2:27 pm

You're looking too hard. Unless there is obvious collusion, you cannot veto. I also don't believe the trading parties need to divulge a reason. No trade is ever gonna be balanced (otherwise, why trade?) but may reflect reasons of durability (Crumpler rarely is injured, Winslow has been a M*A*S*H unit in the past) or scheduling for the play-offs (Lendale White and Winslow may have better match-ups for TEAM A and TEAM B doesn't even need to bother considering that scenario).

I'd frankly wonder if TEAM A isn't making a mistake (his problem, of course) since he hasn't lost a game yet with his roster... why change now?
RCR
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby THEOT » Tue Nov 13, 2007 3:35 pm

RCR wrote:You're looking too hard. Unless there is obvious collusion, you cannot veto. I also don't believe the trading parties need to divulge a reason. No trade is ever gonna be balanced (otherwise, why trade?) but may reflect reasons of durability (Crumpler rarely is injured, Winslow has been a M*A*S*H unit in the past) or scheduling for the play-offs (Lendale White and Winslow may have better match-ups for TEAM A and TEAM B doesn't even need to bother considering that scenario).

I'd frankly wonder if TEAM A isn't making a mistake (his problem, of course) since he hasn't lost a game yet with his roster... why change now?

Well it was brought to my attention by another manager who is lobbying to get it vetoed so I needed a gut check. Thanks guys.
THEOT
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 4)

Return to Commissioner's Corner