keeper trade...vetoable? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Commissioner's Corner

keeper trade...vetoable?

Moderator: Football Moderators

keeper trade...vetoable?

Postby shawngee03 » Tue Nov 13, 2007 9:28 am

i am having some discomfort on this one. PPR league, this is our first year to go to keeper, where we keep one. last place team has FWP and portis, but wants to upgrade a keeper. first place guy has westbrook, bush, gore, grant(GB).

their first trade involved bush for FWP and portis. i dont see how they thought this was going to go through.
now they are trying bush/grant for FWP/portis. i still dont see how this in anyway is good, but if the last place guy wants bush for next year i guess he is paying the price for it, which isnt much considering he is in last place.

my concern is that the guy getting FWP/portis is already in first place, and i feel w portis and FWP to go along w westbrook we are basically handing the championship over to him. i know its not my place to veto based on the fairness of trades, but i feel this could jeopardize the competitiveness of teh league and everyone would simply not care anymore...ruining the league.

any thought?
shawngee03
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Football

Re: keeper trade...vetoable?

Postby dream_017 » Tue Nov 13, 2007 10:39 pm

shawngee03 wrote:i am having some discomfort on this one. PPR league, this is our first year to go to keeper, where we keep one. last place team has FWP and portis, but wants to upgrade a keeper. first place guy has westbrook, bush, gore, grant(GB).

their first trade involved bush for FWP and portis. i dont see how they thought this was going to go through.
now they are trying bush/grant for FWP/portis. i still dont see how this in anyway is good, but if the last place guy wants bush for next year i guess he is paying the price for it, which isnt much considering he is in last place.

my concern is that the guy getting FWP/portis is already in first place, and i feel w portis and FWP to go along w westbrook we are basically handing the championship over to him. i know its not my place to veto based on the fairness of trades, but i feel this could jeopardize the competitiveness of teh league and everyone would simply not care anymore...ruining the league.

any thought?

Who are the Parker/Portis owners other RBs? I don't think this is a vetoable trade. The owner getting the better deal, can still only keep 1 player. What was stopping another owner from offering a decent RB(with keeper value) for Portis/Parker???
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 58)

Postby aqua » Thu Nov 15, 2007 2:14 pm

You can't veto the trade just because he has a player that the last team wants as his keeper. Although this *may* help him this year, it could hurt him for next year as he won't be able to keep Bush. Other players had the opportunity to trade with the last place team and honestly, trading is a HUGE part of fantasy football and so it is OK that someone is in the position to win a league as a result of the trades they have made, when said trades are not collusion. Trade goes through if it were my league.
aqua
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby shawngee03 » Thu Nov 15, 2007 2:18 pm

thanks guys. ive been hearing a lot of flack from the other managers as they feel it gives the 1st place team too much, but it should go through per your wisdom
shawngee03
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Return to Commissioner's Corner