What will the Pats do with their top 5 pick? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

What will the Pats do with their top 5 pick?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: What will the Pats do with their top 5 pick?

Postby LS2throwed » Tue Nov 13, 2007 8:23 pm

Their probably going to take McFadden so they can win another 4 superbowls *sigh*

they also have the shot of moving down mid rd and getting another 1st rd pick again, they wouldnt mind doing that, but they will take BPA, seeing as that they will have top 3 pick
Current Cafe Dynasties:
4th and Goal
Fourth & Inches
Double D
Any Given Dynasty
Eat Cheese Dynasty
NFL's Finest
Cafe Very Special Forces
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Phokus » Tue Nov 13, 2007 11:15 pm

Only top pick worth getting is Dorsey... if he's available i wouldn't be surprised seeing the pats take him (even though they're set at the D-line), otherwise they trade down!
My league: 14 teams, 1 QB, 2 RB's, 3 WR's, 1 Flex WR/RB, 1 TE, 1 Kicker, 1 Defense. 6 Bench players.
Phokus
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby gtabaplayr » Tue Nov 13, 2007 11:42 pm

Something just popped into my head.

Best case scenario for the Pats:

They trade their top 5 pick back to the 49ers for Patrick Willis and 49ers 1st round pick (acquired from the Colts, so around 28).

That would fill the Patriots need for a young LB and allow them to grab another quality player.

Note: There is no way in hell the 49ers would let themselves get worked over like this unless they were able to land a Franchise QB the calibur of Peyton Manning in the draft.
gtabaplayr
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby JasonSeahorn » Tue Nov 13, 2007 11:50 pm

i don't think the 49ers are gonna give up on alex smith yet, he's had 3 different offensive coordinators in 3 years. and their defense is getting better, i doubt they let willis go, especially after julian peterson left and is playing well now.

i don't know the draft class of this year well, but i assume the pats are gonna trade down to stockpile picks so they can get a bunch of young defensive guys that will be ready to phase out bruschi/vrabel/harrison down the road.

Thanks to deluxe_247 for sig, he is welcome to sail with the Captain too!

I will win all of the fantasy cafe games.....next year
JasonSeahorn
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Timbathia » Thu Nov 15, 2007 12:05 am

Best case scenario is that they get the number 1 pick and use it on a player that busts so bad that they make Ryan Leaf like a hall-of-famer.

And no, I am not a Pats hater - I just honestly think that most of their fans dont know anything about football or sportsmanship.

Oh, and I hate the Red Sox too, mainly cause just like the Yankees they have no idea about talent identification or development. Just big checkbooks.

Boston is nice, but the accents on the locals are so annoying.
Timbathia
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby gtabaplayr » Thu Nov 15, 2007 10:58 am

Timbathia wrote:Best case scenario is that they get the number 1 pick and use it on a player that busts so bad that they make Ryan Leaf like a hall-of-famer.

And no, I am not a Pats hater - I just honestly think that most of their fans dont know anything about football or sportsmanship.

Oh, and I hate the Red Sox too, mainly cause just like the Yankees they have no idea about talent identification or development. Just big checkbooks.

Great contribution to the thread ;-7 .

You're "not a Pats hater", but you "hate the Red Sox too". Those two pharses seem to be in direct contradiction with one another. While the Red Sox have one of the largest payrolls, they seem to be pretty good at developing talent in the minors (Papelbon, Buchholz, Pedroia, Youk, etc.). I do think your last sentence is right on the mark though.
gtabaplayr
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby daullaz » Thu Nov 15, 2007 4:38 pm

McFadden would be great if he's available to them. If not, I could see them taking Chris Long, who should definitely be on the board when they pick in the 3-8 range.

If both of those guys are off the board, they'll probably try to trade back with a team looking to move up for a QB.
daullaz
Head Scribe
Head Scribe

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 38)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby APAP » Thu Nov 15, 2007 4:50 pm

eaglesrule wrote:Incidentally, it's patently absurd in my opinion that they get to keep that one. The league should have docked the higher of the two picks they possess.

No.......they shouldnt have. They took thier own draft pick...that was the appropriate thing to do.
APAP
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 8)

Postby eaglesrule » Thu Nov 15, 2007 4:54 pm

It is "their own." Once it switched hands, it became the Pats. This was an unprecedented offense. You can argue specifics, but the default problem is that a team who was caught cheating could also have a top five pick, and this makes sense how?
The opening scene of the movie "Saving Private Ryan" is loosely based on games of dodgeball Brian Dawkins played in second grade.
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

Postby APAP » Thu Nov 15, 2007 5:02 pm

Timbathia wrote:Best case scenario is that they get the number 1 pick and use it on a player that busts so bad that they make Ryan Leaf like a hall-of-famer.

If you really wanna get me stahted on this......That is an ignorant statement saying that the Sox have no idea about talent identification or development. Smaht statement man really....I'll just tell you:

Clay Buccholz
Jon Lestah
Manny Delcahmen
Jon Papelbon
Kevin Youkilis
Dustin Pedroia
Beckett and Lowell they used theah top prospect and one of the GAMEs top prospects to land, so don't tell me they don't know how to develop a fahm system.

And yes you are a Pats hater, you hate the fans and I'm sure you hate the team too, just get ovah it man. And you said I hate the sawx to so that does imply that you hate both.

And bringin up accents is just stupid and has nothing to do with anything, way to stay on topic on this thread.
APAP
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 8)

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk