Steven Jackson - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Steven Jackson

Moderator: Football Moderators

Steven Jackson

Postby Warpigs » Tue Nov 13, 2007 8:06 pm

So, Steven stays healthy a whole game and starts to look sexy. What are the odds he stays healthy and is a top RB the rest of the way. For the remainder of the season is he a top-5 back, top-10 back, top-15 back or a waste of roster space??
Warpigs
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerCafe Spotter
(Past Year: 3)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Steven Jackson

Postby mikus » Tue Nov 13, 2007 10:15 pm

Full disclosure: I own Steven Jackson.

I think he could be a top-10 back the rest of the way, that is why I traded for him after the initial injury. That offense, when everyone is healthy, can move the ball. Jackson should see plenty of opportunities to succeed without all the pressure of shouldering the offense. A healthy Bulger, Holt, Bruce and Bennett will keep a lot of pressure off SJax and allow him to produce.

And check the remaining sched:

@ SF
v. Seattle
v. Atlanta
@ Cincy
v. GB
v. Pittsburgh

Other than the Green Bay and Pittsburgh games, nothing there scares me. I know that sucks for the playoffs, but even Green Bay is not a terrible D to go against as a RB this year.
Thanks to madaslives911 for the sweet sig!
The Hazean: Fantasy football galore
mikus
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Location: Same place as every other blogger: My Mom's basement. That is where bloggers work, right?

Postby Bwanna » Wed Nov 14, 2007 12:36 am

mikus wrote:Full disclosure: I own Steven Jackson.

I think he could be a top-10 back the rest of the way, that is why I traded for him after the initial injury. That offense, when everyone is healthy, can move the ball. Jackson should see plenty of opportunities to succeed without all the pressure of shouldering the offense. A healthy Bulger, Holt, Bruce and Bennett will keep a lot of pressure off SJax and allow him to produce.

And check the remaining sched:

@ SF
v. Seattle
v. Atlanta
@ Cincy
v. GB
v. Pittsburgh

Other than the Green Bay and Pittsburgh games, nothing there scares me. I know that sucks for the playoffs, but even Green Bay is not a terrible D to go against as a RB this year.

GB is 7th overall in rushing yards allowed (92.9), and is one of 3 teams to have given up 3 or fewer rushing TDs (2 for Bal and Pit). So yeah, pretty bad playoff matchups vs GB and Pit, but until then pretty good matchups.
Bwanna
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby moochman » Wed Nov 14, 2007 11:59 am

Did S Jax look that good though? Wasn't his yardage total pretty poor against a less than D in the Saints? I would have liked to have seen that game and how it progressed.
That said, I do think he will be a number 1 starter from here on out as the Rams O gets humming.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby Guru13 » Wed Nov 14, 2007 6:58 pm

moochman wrote:Did S Jax look that good though? Wasn't his yardage total pretty poor against a less than D in the Saints? I would have liked to have seen that game and how it progressed.
That said, I do think he will be a number 1 starter from here on out as the Rams O gets humming.

You'd sort of expect that with this being his first full game back, and he's obviously a TD vulture when he's in 3 TDs in his first two game back, one of which he left early in. I would say other than the Playoff Matchups against GB and Pitt he should be real good the rest of the way.
Guru13
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby mikus » Wed Nov 14, 2007 7:27 pm

moochman wrote:Did S Jax look that good though? Wasn't his yardage total pretty poor against a less than D in the Saints? I would have liked to have seen that game and how it progressed.

The Saints have not allowed a 100-yard rusher since week one ... it is the pass D that teams exploit against the Saints. The run D actually is pretty stout.
Thanks to madaslives911 for the sweet sig!
The Hazean: Fantasy football galore
mikus
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Location: Same place as every other blogger: My Mom's basement. That is where bloggers work, right?

Postby moochman » Thu Nov 15, 2007 1:03 pm

mikus wrote:

The Saints have not allowed a 100-yard rusher since week one ... it is the pass D that teams exploit against the Saints. The run D actually is pretty stout.

Wow, I would have never guessed. Thanks.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Return to Football Talk