Ryan Grant- Minn D/ST - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

Ryan Grant- Minn D/ST

Moderator: Football Moderators

Ryan Grant- Minn D/ST

Postby Kareighuis » Tue Nov 13, 2007 8:54 pm

In a couple of leagues I've loaded up on NFC North players- Jennings, Grant, Favre, Min D/ST, Driver.
So, how the heck did Grant go off for 119 yards rushing against one of the best Run Ds? I read somewhere that Minny played nickel defense. If that's true, why? Were they:
A) concerned about their injured secondary;
B) convinced they could stop GB's running game with one player less in the front seven than normal;
C) or was the focus more on the Pack's potent passing attack. (Hah, Pack Attack. Sounds like a good sig or something.)

Is this something I should expect when other teams play GB, or just an aberration? Additionally, if they were in nickel, who was pulled for the extra DB? A DT? LB? I saw in the stats that Grant was chewing up the yards, then much quieter. If Minny did play nickel, was the change at that point, and did they switched to or from nickel?

When I have alot of questions like this, I catch NFL Networks re-airing- but they chose not to feature this game, so any help that can be provided would be great.
Kareighuis
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Ryan Grant- Minn D/ST

Postby treat24 » Wed Nov 14, 2007 11:08 am

They were so worried about favre and the pass that they played prevent and nickel and dime packages in the first. Grant tore them up for 93 yards. In the second he gained 26 yards when my vikes decided just to play their normal D. Hopefully that was the last time they try that. They need to play D the way they do and hope for turnovers. Get a corner in the offseason to replace Griffen. McCauley still looks like a gunshy rook. Also get a QB and a real Coach.
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I'm drinking 'til I forget the 1999 NFC Championship game.

Postby Kareighuis » Sun Nov 18, 2007 7:07 pm

Thanks Treat. All that jives with what I thought.

Regarding all those changes- I've seen only one Vikes game. Is Griffin really that bad? Remember, he's still basically a rook, in terms of games started.

What do you think of getting Larry Fitzgerald when he becomes a FA? If I remember right, it's this offseason. Draft D help (rush E, LB, DB), then sign Derek Anderson. He'd cost a 1st and 3rd- is he worth it, in your mind? Recent reports suggest Cleveland'll slap the franchise tag on him, making him cost 2 first rounders? Is that too steep? Pair him with Fitzgerald and a healthy AP, that's a nice foundation.

'Course, that doesn't solve the HC issues...
Kareighuis
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 2)

Postby McPeePants » Sun Nov 18, 2007 7:31 pm

I think that would be the dream scenario. They might go after McNabb too via trade or if he gets released.
McPeePants
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Guru13 » Sun Nov 18, 2007 8:09 pm

not as great today as he has been the last two weeks, but still not an awful game.

20 Carries for 88 yards, 4.4 avg. - sorta surprised me because we were up so big.
Guru13
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting