Have the cheaters and quiters emerged in your league yet? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Have the cheaters and quiters emerged in your league yet?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Have the cheaters and quiters emerged in your league yet?

Postby LS2throwed » Tue Nov 13, 2007 11:25 pm

Its about that time of the year where it tends to start happening, people quitting on teams, trying to give away players drop players etc...

one owner traded portis and ward for vince young and toomer, then also traded brees and lj for cutler and vincent jackson all in the same nite, of course it started an uproar in our league and a round of arguments and heated words lol...the trades were vetoed since our commish has been on top of things, but i feel its time for these things 2 start happening, and I can easily see how if the trades were not vetoed it would of started a rash of owners quitting
Current Cafe Dynasties:
4th and Goal
Fourth & Inches
Double D
Any Given Dynasty
Eat Cheese Dynasty
NFL's Finest
Cafe Very Special Forces
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Have the cheaters and quiters emerged in your league yet?

Postby portisfan24 » Wed Nov 14, 2007 2:36 am

I have been lucky with my leagues. Three with some of the cafe's finest members and my money league which is always played fairly. I feel sorry for people who have to worry about that kind of BS.
portisfan24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby jdsun1 » Wed Nov 14, 2007 3:47 am

I had a manager in my yahoo public league who was making a lot of moves but kept getting unlucky and losing. However last week was the final straw and he dropped all of his players that were doppable and picked up all QBs. Then he tried to trade portis and holt for some other guys worst players. I quickly notified yahoo and got the trade veteod and then on top of that they changed his team name to "Team Northwest"<---not sure why

Also I have been getting the typical trade of marion barber for burress and then quickly cancelled after burress has a bad game and then resent with marion barber for larry fitx(my best receiver).... I gladly rejected it.
jdsun1
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby McPeePants » Wed Nov 14, 2007 9:47 am

I play in a 14-team league with friends, some of which are more into it then others. We always seem to get a couple of ghost ships when people start getting really bad luck. However, it seems someone will always lose to them so it still keeps it interesting. We only have one ghost ship this year. This guy still has Delhomme, Ronnie Brown, and Caddie starting and still ended up winning last week thanks to Shockey, Roy Williams, and Den D.
McPeePants
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby spodog » Wed Nov 14, 2007 11:19 am

Doesn't happen in our league. We are at 18 Owners in our main $ league this year, and they are all bustin' hump to move into the playoffs.

In addition to competitive spirit, the following two things help with this a lot:

1. A $20 fee for each LOSS each week must be paid into the prize pool by owners when they lose a game.

2. We have doubleheader games scheduled the last 3 weeks of the season, so even owners at the bottom of their division are holding out hope they can go on a run and make up some lost ground before the playoffs.
spodog
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerCafe SpotterWeb SupporterMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Flyn high again » Wed Nov 14, 2007 3:58 pm

We only have two guys who are out of is so far and one of them is the commish. I tried to get a [fair] trade going with the other guy but he likes his line up. Anyone who tanked the season would be banned from the league next year and there is such a high demand for guys to get in that no one wants to lose their spot.
Go Bears!
Flyn high again
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby iky » Wed Nov 14, 2007 5:09 pm

Not really quitters, but I had my buddy go to jail and he was winless untill last week he beat me... I mean c'mon, he's in freakin jail! :~( :~( :~( :~( :~(

soty is tha man!
iky
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby eagle0588 » Thu Nov 15, 2007 1:33 am

iky wrote:Not really quitters, but I had my buddy go to jail and he was winless untill last week he beat me... I mean c'mon, he's in freakin jail! :~( :~( :~( :~( :~(

damn that is hilarious
eagle0588
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Return to Football Talk