Poll ended at Sat Nov 24, 2007 11:23 am

A Dolphins Victory
85%
A Patriots Loss
15%

Total votes : 27

Re: Dolphin futility

Postby Flyn high again » Fri Nov 16, 2007 7:45 pm

Chatman is going to return punts. I guess he really is their entire offense... and now special teams.
Go Bears!
Flyn high again
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby steelerfan513 » Fri Nov 16, 2007 10:56 pm

The Dolphins will win one first, and they will also win a game this season, even if it isn't the Jets game. Any given Sunday...
Kudos to Leber for the amazing sig and to Metroid for the userbar and making them both fit
2008 and 2009 Defunct Dynasty League Champion
steelerfan513
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby bruuno2 » Sat Nov 17, 2007 10:21 am

Wow it's so fun to be a Dolphin fan these days! :~( :~(
Dan Marino......Greatest QB of all time!You sure did own Canton!
bruuno2
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby DraftDodger » Sat Nov 17, 2007 6:14 pm

A Dolphins victory. Ricky Williams will win at least one game by himself. If he doesn't end up playing, they go 0-16 and we have a 16-0 and 0-16 team the same year.

The perfect Patriots season is a given. Not to say that they won't have to earn it, just that they will.
DraftDodger
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Writer

Postby steelerfan513 » Sat Nov 17, 2007 11:56 pm

DraftDodger wrote:The perfect Patriots season is a given.

Last I checked, they have 7 games left on their schedule.
Kudos to Leber for the amazing sig and to Metroid for the userbar and making them both fit
steelerfan513
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby DraftDodger » Sun Nov 18, 2007 11:23 am

steelerfan513 wrote:

Yes, it's unfortunate that they can only get 7 more victories in the regular season; it's too bad that they don't play all 31 opponents so that some nutjob fanboy can't claim that maybe his 5-11 team would've beaten the Pats.

I don't believe that "any given Sunday" applies here; they're in a class by themselves this year. Pittsburgh is the only team left capable of putting up a fight, and no one seriously expects them to win that game (at least outside of Pittsburgh). Pittsburgh barely squeaked by Cleveland (which in itself surprised me; I expected Cleveland to win). With the talent and coaching for the Patriots, anything less than a perfect season (with Super Bowl victory cherry on top) will be underachieving.

But you're right; nobody is handing out trophies yet, or crying in Miami. Yet.
DraftDodger
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Writer

Postby steelerfan513 » Sun Nov 18, 2007 11:45 am

DraftDodger wrote:
steelerfan513 wrote:

Yes, it's unfortunate that they can only get 7 more victories in the regular season; it's too bad that they don't play all 31 opponents so that some nutjob fanboy can't claim that maybe his 5-11 team would've beaten the Pats.

I don't believe that "any given Sunday" applies here; they're in a class by themselves this year. Pittsburgh is the only team left capable of putting up a fight, and no one seriously expects them to win that game (at least outside of Pittsburgh). Pittsburgh barely squeaked by Cleveland (which in itself surprised me; I expected Cleveland to win). With the talent and coaching for the Patriots, anything less than a perfect season (with Super Bowl victory cherry on top) will be underachieving.

But you're right; nobody is handing out trophies yet, or crying in Miami. Yet.

The Colts were 13-0 two years ago. What happened to them? Oh yeah, they lost to a team that didn't make the playoffs in week 14 when they were still trying, and then they lost to the Steelers in the post-season, a team that they demolished 26-7 in the regular season.

I understand that the Patriots are in a class by themselves, but there's no way a 16-0 season is a given. They've played 9 games. What have they won yet besides those 9 games? Maybe we should let them at least finish out the regular season before we decide to crown them champions of life.

The only reason the Browns were still in that game was because of their special teams. Two of their touchdowns wouldn't have happened if it weren't for Joshua Cribbs. The Steelers held an offense that averages 340 yards per game to 163 yards, and Roethlisberger made every single play he needed to to win that game. I'm not saying at all that the Steelers will definitely win that game, but they definitely have the ability to.

My question to you: how is it that a team that has a top five offense combined with the best defense in the league (1st in rushing, passing, and scoring defense) have little to no chance to beat the Patriots?
steelerfan513
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby JasonSeahorn » Sun Nov 18, 2007 11:47 pm

any given sunday sure worked out for the jets today

Thanks to deluxe_247 for sig, he is welcome to sail with the Captain too!

I will win all of the fantasy cafe games.....next year
JasonSeahorn
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby steelerfan513 » Mon Nov 19, 2007 4:00 pm

JasonSeahorn wrote:any given sunday sure worked out for the jets today

Ugh, don't remind me. :-P !+)

Actually, I might have just needed a reminder of how dominant the Patriots have been after their bye week. I will admit that they are unlike any other team that has taken an undefeated record late into the season. In only one game did they face a significant chance of losing, and in only two did they at points appear beatable. Their chances at going undefeated are much better than any other team in recent years. Still, their undefeated season isn't a given by any stretch.
steelerfan513
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby scottaa1 » Mon Nov 19, 2007 6:53 pm

I'd normally say it is far more likely for Miami to win a game (and I think they will) before I'd say someone could go undefeated. But this is a special year.

One thing I learned from the Colt's 13-0 start a couple years ago was that it created so much distraction just over going undefeated that it got in the way... not to mention every team we played wanted to be the one who stopped us. The next season we'd lost by week 10 I think, and my friends outside of Indy all said 'so much for the colt's going undefeated this year, how ya feel?' and I said I couldn't be happier, now we won't have to deal with all the talk of an undefeated season getting in the way of playing football.

So, New England will have to put up with all that as well. Do I think it will shake them? Nope. I've been saying since week 5 or 6 that I believe the Pats can run the table. Someone always brings up the 'what about them resting starters in the final weeks tho?' to which I reply, they don't rest their starters in games they have a solid lead in, why rest them in late season games?' Please don't make this a run up the score fight, that isn't what I meant. I more meant it along the lines of I think they have something they're trying to prove, and will do whatever they need to do to get that share of history with the 72 Dolphins.
Thanks Chaoyi Shih for the sig.
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 13)

Previous

Return to Football Talk