The Edge - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

The Edge

Moderator: Football Moderators

The Edge

Postby Fakker » Fri Aug 30, 2002 7:07 pm

Who is going to be edge's back-up and is he worth drafting due to the Edges fragile state????
Fakker
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Postby SolarfluX » Fri Aug 30, 2002 7:11 pm

Shyrone Stith.

I have no idea about how good he is.
SolarfluX
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Stith

Postby DraftDodger » Sat Aug 31, 2002 4:30 am

Kevin McDougal was re-signed and is Edge's backup. He will be sitting around in the free agent pool in any league not filled with Resident Evil zombies. McDougal has virtually no pro experience but he does know the offense.

Shyrone Stith is a bigger injury risk than Edge himself. Stith has a twisted left knee and realistically, he probably needs knee surgery, but the team was claiming that "rest is better than surgery" because they couldn't afford to admit that they had no backup for Edge. Steer wide of Stith at this point; McDougal is #2 and a free agent would probably be signed if anything happened to him or Edge, who is looking as good as the Colts are claiming.

You certainly won't have to draft Stith in any league; he should be sitting in the free agent pool. Personally, I'd leave him there.
DraftDodger
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Writer

edge

Postby Clocker » Sat Aug 31, 2002 8:55 pm

Well what about Edge????? Thats one of the big ? marks of this draft. I got the 2nd pick in a 12 team league and I want a RB. Reports from training camp say hes running and cutting like his old self. If hes back 100% then he should go #2 after Marshall. Anybody out there have a comment on Edge going #2 or if not then who?
Clocker

Friendliness: %

Postby SolarfluX » Sat Aug 31, 2002 9:13 pm

Historicially, it takes two years to recover fully from a torn ACL. There will be lots of players trying to come back from their surgeries between nine and twelve months, including Edge. It will be interesting to see who does the best. I'd play it safe and get Shaun Alexander or Ahman Green, or even (gasp!) Kurt Warner, depending on how the points work in your league.
SolarfluX
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Return to Football Talk