moral dilemma for the commish (me) - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Commissioner's Corner

moral dilemma for the commish (me)

Moderator: Football Moderators

moral dilemma for the commish (me)

Postby Triplec223 » Wed Nov 14, 2007 9:01 pm

Ok here's the situation. I am in a non-keeper league with my future father-in-law (engaged to his daughter, marriage will be in May) and I am the league's commish. This is his second year playing fantasy football, the first of which was when I invited him to our league last year. He's a football fan, but still has a lot to learn about playing fantasy football. He has done alright (5-5-0 right now), and has an OK team, but he has made some not-so-smart moves. I've kind of been giving him advice throughout the season about who to pick up and what not.

The problem is this. He recently dropped Frank Gore and picked up Michael Robinson - boner of a move. Not wanting him to tank for the rest of the season, I promptly spent my waiver claim on Gore and dropped my 5th RB (im stacked there) for him, with the intention of eventually sending Gore back to my father-in-law for a minimal price. Now as the commish, it is my duty to make sure that all trades are fair and that no collusion takes place.

However, he called my fiance tonight and said that he was planning on getting Gore back or Chester Taylor, both of which were already taken by the time he made it to the WW. So now, I have to ship Gore back to him promptly, but I want to make the trade as fair as possible so that it doesn't get the league in a fit. I need some advice about who would be a legitimate target for Gore though. Thankfully his value is low, so I don't have to ask for too much. His team is below - looking for a straight-up 1-for-1 trade:

QB: Derek Anderson
WR: Reggie Wayne
WR: Patrick Crayton
WR: Ike Hilliard
RB: Aaron Stecker (ouch)
RB: Correll Buckhalter (double ouch)
TE: Antonio Gates
W/R: Kevin Walter
BN: Michael Robinson (RB)
BN: Reggie Brown (WR)
BN: Vincent Jackson (WR)
BN: Jeff Garcia (QB)
BN: Tony Scheffler (TE)

I'd really hate to take anyone but his bench players, so I'm thinking REggie Brown or Jeff Garcia would have the most equal value right now. What is everyone's thoughts on this situation?

IS THIS EVEN FAIR? By the way, I am keeping perspective here. Not going to risk damaging our relationship in the name of fantasy football.
Triplec223
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: moral dilemma for the commish (me)

Postby Gotham Billygoats » Wed Nov 14, 2007 9:10 pm

i think you are on the right path here. i agree with you that garcia or brown is the best bet to avoid as much feedback as possible.
Gotham Billygoats
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby aqua » Thu Nov 15, 2007 2:20 pm

Yeah, I guess if you are commited to trading him then those are two guys you can go after. Hopefully your soon to be father in law is a quick learner with things like this so it doesn't happen in the future.
aqua
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Goody » Thu Nov 15, 2007 4:19 pm

I'd keep Gore and find another woman! :-b

That is a tough situation! People should be punished for their boneheaded moves so they can learn their lesson. It really isn't fair for the rest of the league by doing what you are suggesting. I understand your dilema, but him dropping Gore and you picking him up shouldn't cause any trouble with your relationship with his daughter. I really don't know how else to comment on this situation.

Good luck! ;-D
OKCHomers
OKCFFL Auction
Goody
General Manager
General Manager

Return to Commissioner's Corner