To trade or not to trade....that is the question. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

To trade or not to trade....that is the question.

Moderator: Football Moderators

To trade or not to trade....that is the question.

Postby Sixxgunn » Thu Nov 15, 2007 1:50 am

At what point in the season do you decide to trade your "studs"? If you were a Romo, Brady, or Favre (and to a lesser degree, Moss) owner, would you trade these guys away at this point to solidify a more secure starter in the playoffs? By secure, I obviously mean a guy who is going to play. Every year teams lock up playoff spots and/or home field advantage, then inevitibly sit their starters, destroying many fantasy owners hopes of winning it all. So, is it a sound strategy to trade these guys for a guy who will assuredly start? How might this change in a keeper or dynasty scenario?
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/1065/sixgunn7ao0rc.jpg[/img][/url]
Sixxgunn
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 3)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: To trade or not to trade....that is the question.

Postby mikus » Thu Nov 15, 2007 8:38 am

Unless you play in a league with the fantasy championship in week 17, I would not trade any of those guys away. I doubt any starters sit in week 16 when so much still will be on the line for teams.
Thanks to madaslives911 for the sweet sig!
The Hazean: Fantasy football galore
mikus
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Location: Same place as every other blogger: My Mom's basement. That is where bloggers work, right?

Postby FatFoot » Thu Nov 15, 2007 12:09 pm

I doubt they'll sit Romo, I'm CERTAIN they won't sit Favre, and we'd have to see a loss by NE before a Brady benching would be plausible.
Right now I can't think of a single player having a stud year, whom I think will sit in game 16 just because it's locked up. There are a dozen or so who could sit in game 16 to recover from injury, but that's different.
FatFoot
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby Flyn high again » Thu Nov 15, 2007 5:00 pm

The guy who has Favre on his roster is trying to dump him for whatever he can get. I'm already planning on offering Crayton for him provided some of the several trades I have proposed today either go through or don't go through. I'm hoping to gain Favre and Fitzgerald and lose Rudi, Watson and Crayton. I don't know if you'd consider any of these guys studs but I am trying to trade quantity for quality. I don't really need Favre but I'd rather have him on my team than someone else's.

So my recommendation is trade your bench players to try to get starters. Save or trade the starters depending on what their match ups are in the playoffs. Trade the ones with awful match ups and keep the ones who go up against weak teams.

It's been an interesting couple of days as the trade deadline has approached.
Go Bears!
Flyn high again
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby uncabomb » Thu Nov 15, 2007 5:11 pm

I've tried doing you're idea of depth for starters. I've tried offering kj before he was hurt and kevin curtis for a better player but to no avail...its hard...good luck
uncabomb
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Flyn high again » Thu Nov 15, 2007 6:37 pm

uncabomb wrote:I've tried doing you're idea of depth for starters. I've tried offering kj before he was hurt and kevin curtis for a better player but to no avail...its hard...good luck

I agree. Everybody wants something for nothing. I offer a reasonably fair trade and they come back with a ridiculous counter offer. If they would counter with something that would help both teams I'd jump on it but everyone thinks their players are golden.
Go Bears!
Flyn high again
Head Coach
Head Coach

Return to Football Talk