What the **** is a "Family Tree"? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe


Return to General Talk

What the **** is a "Family Tree"?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: What the **** is a "Family Tree"?

Postby Madison » Thu Nov 15, 2007 12:23 pm

Kilroy1872 wrote:Of course, if Christians are offended, that is evidently OK.


Exactly how it works now. It's ok to stomp all over Christian beliefs and holidays, but don't for one second think of doing the same thing to any other religion, because you'll get roasted, toasted, and run out of town.

The double-standard is just amazing and sickening. :-t
Image

I am the Reaper of Men,
The Chaser of Souls,
The Weaver of Nightmares,
I am The Heart of Darkness.
I now, and ever will be,
The Purity of Evil.
Madison
Lord of Darkness
Lord of Darkness

User avatar
ExecutiveMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberMatchup Meltdown ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 5979
Joined: 29 Apr 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Taking Souls...

Re: What the **** is a "Family Tree"?

Postby josebach » Thu Nov 15, 2007 1:35 pm

Nfl Fan wrote:
josebach wrote:I understand "Happy Holidays" but other than that, if you have a problem with Christianity being a part of Christmas, than don't celebrate it.

It's that simple.


No doubt...
It's Christmas, everybody!!!!!!!! Get over it. ;-7


To clarify, I think it's nicer to say Happy Holidays when you're talking to someone you don't know because it's not polite to assume somebody celebrates Christmas. If you have the attitude that "Merry Christmas" is acceptable to say to everyone, just think how you might feel if somebody wished you a Happy Hanukkah? If I'm talking to somebody I know celebrates Christmas, on the other hand, then I'm definitely going to say "Merry Christmas".

I don't think there's anything wrong with people (like me) who choose to not celebrate the religious aspect of Christmas, but when you start trying to secularize it for everyone, then you're crossing the line. As I said before, Christmas is a Christian holiday and if you have a problem with that then the correct course of action is to stop celebrating it... not try to make it non-Christian.
Image
josebach
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Cafe Ranker
Posts: 4611
Joined: 27 Aug 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Tallahassee, FL

Re: What the **** is a "Family Tree"?

Postby josebach » Thu Nov 15, 2007 1:36 pm

Madison wrote:
Kilroy1872 wrote:Of course, if Christians are offended, that is evidently OK.


Exactly how it works now. It's ok to stomp all over Christian beliefs and holidays, but don't for one second think of doing the same thing to any other religion, because you'll get roasted, toasted, and run out of town.

The double-standard is just amazing and sickening. :-t


Might it be that you're just sensitive because you're a Christian? I'm sure there's quite a few Jews and Muslims here in the United States that would find your comments comical.
Image
josebach
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Cafe Ranker
Posts: 4611
Joined: 27 Aug 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Tallahassee, FL

Re: What the **** is a "Family Tree"?

Postby The Artful Dodger » Thu Nov 15, 2007 1:48 pm

Family trees. :-b Just found it to be so absurd that it's funny.

I think PC has gone way out of hand. I understand why you can't assume that a good deal of folks celebrate Christmas but do we really have to extend PC to the point we can't express which traditions as those that go hand in hand with Christmas? When I opened this thread, I thought this was about family trees (as in genealogy), but even the name of "holiday trees" is quite vague as naturally, to me, a Christmas tree is a Christmas tree. But whatever it is, I think it's really not a big deal.
Image
The Artful Dodger
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

User avatar
Matchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 924
Joined: 3 Feb 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Oh, you didn't know?

Re: What the **** is a "Family Tree"?

Postby Nfl Fan » Thu Nov 15, 2007 2:06 pm

Seperation of Church and State...
Christmas is a Christian holiday...
We can't say 'Christmas' anymore...

I WANT MY MAIL!!!

;-7 :-b
Last edited by Nfl Fan on Thu Nov 15, 2007 2:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image
Yo, Met... thanks for the sig! GO DUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This NEVER gets old and neither does THIS!!
Nfl Fan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Mock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 6275
(Past Year: 2)
Joined: 18 May 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: AUTZEN!!!!!!

Re: What the **** is a "Family Tree"?

Postby Madison » Thu Nov 15, 2007 2:07 pm

josebach wrote:
Madison wrote:
Kilroy1872 wrote:Of course, if Christians are offended, that is evidently OK.


Exactly how it works now. It's ok to stomp all over Christian beliefs and holidays, but don't for one second think of doing the same thing to any other religion, because you'll get roasted, toasted, and run out of town.

The double-standard is just amazing and sickening. :-t


Might it be that you're just sensitive because you're a Christian? I'm sure there's quite a few Jews and Muslims here in the United States that would find your comments comical.


Nope, wouldn't have anything to do with it. I'm not overly worried about religion and don't get worked up about that stuff. I don't go to church, I don't preach the Bible, yadda, yadda, yadda. I'm far from the perfect Christian. However, watching attack after attack on Christians and Christianity gets quite old. One doesn't even have to be Christian to see it and acknowledge it. Yet these people that preach about equality are the ones that refuse to do as they preach. Gets worse about this time every year due to the Christian holiday of CHRISTmas. People can't tell stores not to say "Happy Hanukkah", can they? Ever see that happen? But it's ok to tell them that saying "Merry Christmas" is wrong? Give me a break. Equal treatment my ***. They don't want to be equal, they want special treatment and more. Otherwise they'd leave religions that they are not a part of, alone. But of course, that's just too much to ask.
Image

I am the Reaper of Men,
The Chaser of Souls,
The Weaver of Nightmares,
I am The Heart of Darkness.
I now, and ever will be,
The Purity of Evil.
Madison
Lord of Darkness
Lord of Darkness

User avatar
ExecutiveMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberMatchup Meltdown ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 5979
Joined: 29 Apr 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Taking Souls...

Re: What the **** is a "Family Tree"?

Postby dream_017 » Thu Nov 15, 2007 2:09 pm

Nfl Fan wrote:Seperation of Church and State...
Christmas is a Christian holiday...
We can't say 'Christmas' anymore...

I WANT MY MAIL!!!

;-7 :-b

Do you want to go to work too? 8-o
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 15306
(Past Year: 60)
Joined: 3 Aug 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Ford Field: Section - 132; Row - 19; Seat - 11

Re: What the **** is a "Family Tree"?

Postby Kilroy » Thu Nov 15, 2007 2:21 pm

The Fat Man's next. 8-o

Of course, calling him that will offend fat people, so that's out too. Can't call him Saint Nick either. (there's that pesky Christmas thing again) No Kris Kringle, as that might offend the Kringleites, a small cult living in an old missile silo in Kansas. And once the PETA people find out he's enslaved reindeer...

Sorry kids, no presents under the Winter Celebration Shrub this year.

:-o :~(

:-D
Image

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
Kilroy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer
Posts: 13587
Joined: 6 Oct 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Making My List and Checking It Twice...

Re: What the **** is a "Family Tree"?

Postby Nfl Fan » Thu Nov 15, 2007 2:22 pm

dream_017 wrote:
Nfl Fan wrote:Seperation of Church and State...
Christmas is a Christian holiday...
We can't say 'Christmas' anymore...

I WANT MY MAIL!!!

;-7 :-b

Do you want to go to work too? 8-o


Heck no...
But I don't work for the government, and how could a government agency colse to observe a religious holiday????

Oh, the horror! :-o :-b
Image
Yo, Met... thanks for the sig! GO DUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This NEVER gets old and neither does THIS!!
Nfl Fan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Mock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 6275
(Past Year: 2)
Joined: 18 May 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: AUTZEN!!!!!!

Re: What the **** is a "Family Tree"?

Postby Nfl Fan » Thu Nov 15, 2007 2:24 pm

dream_017 wrote:
Nfl Fan wrote:Seperation of Church and State...
Christmas is a Christian holiday...
We can't say 'Christmas' anymore...

I WANT MY MAIL!!!

;-7 :-b

Do you want to go to work too? 8-o


Heck no...
but I don't work for the government, and how could a government agency close to observe a religous holiday????

Oh, the horror! :-o :-b
Image
Yo, Met... thanks for the sig! GO DUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This NEVER gets old and neither does THIS!!
Nfl Fan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Mock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 6275
(Past Year: 2)
Joined: 18 May 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: AUTZEN!!!!!!

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Forums Articles & Tips Start & Sit Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2014 NFL season kicks off in 11:59 hours
(and 37 days)
2014 NFL Schedule


  • Fantasy Football
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact