Am I the only one who likes Atlanta in the @nd half???? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Am I the only one who likes Atlanta in the @nd half????

Moderator: Football Moderators

Am I the only one who likes Atlanta in the @nd half????

Postby ssarmstro » Thu Nov 15, 2007 11:53 am

I think Altanta can be a good team, especially keeper wise. I think Leftwich can have value and i see Pettrino moving to what GreenBay has done to get younger. Leftwich is a good QB when given weaponds and I think ATL has them. I think R white and M Jenkins are a consistant recievers and that Laurant Robinson is showing promise. Not to mention a good TE in Crumpler. I also like Norwood and i think RB will be a premium for the Falcons in the off Season.

I have picked up Leftwich and Robinson in my keeper on the cheap....
I think next year they could be a good team, ecspecially in their division. Am I crazy or what do you think???
ssarmstro
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Am I the only one who likes Atlanta in the @nd half????

Postby eagle0588 » Thu Nov 15, 2007 3:06 pm

you are definitely crazy.. leftwich is not a good QB
eagle0588
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Keyser_WV » Thu Nov 15, 2007 3:55 pm

Leftwich is horrible. ATL seems like they are going to be bad for a while.
Keyser_WV
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby SniperShot » Thu Nov 15, 2007 4:03 pm

I've liked Leftwich before. If you think about it he had pretty much junk for receivers in Jacksonville, Matt Jones is great for the occasional amazing catch but he's not a consistent producer, Leftwich missed the Jimmy Smith era just about, and who else was there, Ernest Wilford? Reggie Williams...? Lol.

I think with the right tools he's got the deep ball and has some nice pocket presence. He can scramble and avoid the hits, he reminds me alot like a Big Ben. What's slowed him has been injuries and lack of talent around him. Especially ankle/leg injuries. I don't know if it's been too much for him to overcome but I like his natural athletic ability unlike some other QB's in this league. (*Cough* Alex Smith, *Cough* David Carr, Kyle Boller, *cough*) He's got an edge in that department size and speed wise. Plus he's definitely got the arm strength.

Alge Crumpler is a top TE in this league and Roddy White is stepping up his game lately, I understand the hate Leftwich gets from everyone due to inconsistent play and injury proneness, but I've always liked some aspects of his game and would love to see him get a real shot, he's GOT to stay healthy for a long period of time.
SniperShot
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 14)

Postby ssarmstro » Thu Nov 15, 2007 4:35 pm

I Agree with snipershot.

When Leftwich was taking Jacksonville to the playoffs he at least had Jimmy Smith and he regularly over used him. But what else does he have William, Jone, Wolford, and who the hell is the TE???? I am confused, when your team makes Dennis NorthCutt the GO TO WR and they expect you to be productive. Well I think there is definitely an issue in talent evaluation. Northcutt is a number 3WR at best on any other team. He is a Number 1 for Jacksonville.

In Atlanta I feel he will re-emerge as a good QB. Only knock I see is the injury problem. Seems like to me Del Rio didn't need to cut Leftwich he needed to cut the WR's. People say he sucks but give me the hard fact why he can not succeed???? Myself and Snipershot are giving facts:
1. Stud TE
2. Good Young WRs
3. Good RB (maybe??)
4. Create offensive minded coach
5. Re-emerging DST
6. Piss poor division
ssarmstro
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby skibrett15 » Thu Nov 15, 2007 6:46 pm

leftwich is not fast and not athletic whatsoever. He is black, but he is not mobile. Some of you need to take a closer look. He has a really slow release. He takes too many sacks. Atlanta does not have good wrs. They are mediocre at best. That o-line is crumbling and aging, and they do have a promising rb in norwood.
ADMIN edit: please note that the overall sig limit is 12k - thanks!
(Thanks Leber)
AIM is like multiplayer notepad
skibrett15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby SniperShot » Thu Nov 15, 2007 7:44 pm

skibrett15 wrote:leftwich is not fast and not athletic whatsoever. He is black, but he is not mobile. Some of you need to take a closer look. He has a really slow release. He takes too many sacks. Atlanta does not have good wrs. They are mediocre at best. That o-line is crumbling and aging, and they do have a promising rb in norwood.
He was on pace to pass for over 3000 yards in Jacksonville with Jimmy Smith in 2005 when they went to the playoffs. Then he hurt his ankle or whatever and came back just in time to get whipped by the Patriots. His 03 and 04 campaigns were just under 3000 yards as well.

He isn't mobile I agree, I meant I've seen some decent pocket movement from him before but it's probably because he holds onto the football way too long.

I dunno I'm willing to give him another shot with some new scenery, guess I'm in the minority there.

If you were Atlanta would you really rather have Joey Harrington as the man? :-{
SniperShot
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 14)

Postby gtabaplayr » Thu Nov 15, 2007 8:05 pm

I've picked them to cover almost every game this year. I'm dissappointed they aren't sticking with Joey, he has played a lot better than he has been given credit for.
gtabaplayr
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby JasonSeahorn » Thu Nov 15, 2007 9:04 pm

leftwich is an upgrade over harrington yes.

he is a moving drew bledsoe with not quite the accuracy but definitely the arm strength. unfortunately for him he ended up in atlanta, a team that probably won't help his resume look good with their butter-finger wides. and his ankles are probably as strong as a 400-pound professional video game player.

the only good things i see out of atlanta this year fantasy wise is roddy white getting deep balls and dunn getting injured, letting norwood showcase his skills.

Thanks to deluxe_247 for sig, he is welcome to sail with the Captain too!

I will win all of the fantasy cafe games.....next year
JasonSeahorn
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby ssarmstro » Fri Nov 16, 2007 9:50 am

All I am saying is look at what is available in the FA market in most leagues. Leftwich is not Brady or Romo but he has talent and there is talent around him. If your league is as competitive as mine is, he is better then any option might be avilible:(Croyle, Edwards, Losman, Alex Smith, Mc Nair, Cambell, Clemons, Beck, Lemon, Both Car QB's) and he has better upside then some others:(Garcia, Rivers....)

Rodney White IMO is just as good as any of the average/good WRs in the league right now. In addition, we really have not seen a wide open offense B/c Harrington can not pass the ball more then 20 yards. All am I saying is that Leftwich has the talent to make things happen. Crumpler should be is best friend and White only adds to the attack. IMO with the youth movement going on in ATL it is only a matter of time before Laurant Robinson takes over for Horn perm. Robinson has been just as explosive as the some of the other rookie WR's in the league but he is not getting the yrds b/c the lack of talent of Harrington.( Making 3-4 catches a game; Just as much as Horn or Jenkins) You have to agree that the ATL WRs have the skill sets to be deep threat options and the fact that none of them has had the opportunity to catch a ball for more then 15 yrds is a problem. It severly hinders the offense.

Leftwich has been good in this league before...(Many people forget that).....and you give Jacksonville a pass for the lack luster talent he has had around him.... He was considered a good QB when he had a good WR. (Jimmy.Smith)...and when Smith retires and Jacksonville replaces him with Northcutt and a 2 jelly donuts (Williams and Jones)( Oh and by the way Reggie williams is the 3rd Wr now and Jones is not even active on most gamedays) You can not kill the guy because of talent and give the WR and the blocking TE a pass (In addition, Leftwich would get killed behind that Jacksonville Line and that blocking TE must only have blocked on running downs..lol)
In reference to the drops, well it is not as bad as last year and the WRs are not the reason why they are losing games.
ssarmstro
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Next

Return to Football Talk