Crysis - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Video Games

Crysis

Moderator: Football Moderators

Crysis

Postby SniperShot » Thu Nov 15, 2007 1:40 pm

Quite possibly the best looking game to have ever hit the PC market came out a couple days ago. I know it's been talked about around here before but anyone else planning on picking it up?

This image is 1220x780 so some of it will get cut off, but you gotta see a full sized shot.

Full Image

Look at the shadows, The dust flying in the air, trees bend and break depending on how they are shot, branches fly off trees, leaves get kicked up, brush sways. The amount of realism in this game parallels to live action quality.

It's a darn shame 90% of PC owners out there right now will have to crank the graphics way down in order to simply make the game playable... I'll probably be picking the game up sometime very soon. ;-D
SniperShot
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 14)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Crysis

Postby bagobonez » Fri Dec 07, 2007 11:57 pm

That's why I'm holding out until I can get a computer that can handle the game on it's highest slider settings. I don't want to have to water anything down. I'm gonna wait a couple of more months until after the holiday season and hopefully prices will come down on CPU's and graphics cards.
"90% of the game is half mental" - John Madden
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

Postby SniperShot » Sat Dec 08, 2007 1:57 pm

Me to, I downloaded the demo and tried it on highest, it was a joke... :-P

I decided to save my $50. :-b
SniperShot
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 14)

Postby bagobonez » Sun Dec 09, 2007 11:17 am

SniperShot wrote:Me to, I downloaded the demo and tried it on highest, it was a joke... :-P

I decided to save my $50. :-b

I wouldn't even be able to run the demo on my 128MB card. Bioshock demo wouldn't run.
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

Postby ToughCatch » Thu Dec 27, 2007 1:26 pm

it saddens me this game wont be ported on a xbox 360 or ps3
ToughCatch
Monday Morning Quarterback

Postby bagobonez » Thu Dec 27, 2007 10:37 pm

ToughCatch wrote:it saddens me this game wont be ported on a xbox 360 or ps3

I'm sure it's not the developer's choice. I really don't think the 360 or PS3 have the hardware to run the game as it needs to be run. I'm sure they could dumb down the graphics considerably and it would run, but that kinda defeats the purpose.
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

Postby bagobonez » Thu Feb 21, 2008 1:22 am

FInally got a rig that can run this game... and man is it sweet! Graphics are just insane... especially the water effects. Sometimes I take a break from the action just to look at how realistic the surroundings are. By the far the best graphics I've ever seen of any game ever.
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Twisted Sister » Thu Feb 21, 2008 1:03 pm

bagobonez wrote:FInally got a rig that can run this game... and man is it sweet! Graphics are just insane... especially the water effects. Sometimes I take a break from the action just to look at how realistic the surroundings are. By the far the best graphics I've ever seen of any game ever.

Gameplay is boring - IMO. Which is why, despite all the graphics aclaim, it was a MAJOR flop.
Twisted Sister
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby bagobonez » Thu Feb 21, 2008 1:20 pm

Twisted Sister wrote:
bagobonez wrote:FInally got a rig that can run this game... and man is it sweet! Graphics are just insane... especially the water effects. Sometimes I take a break from the action just to look at how realistic the surroundings are. By the far the best graphics I've ever seen of any game ever.

Gameplay is boring - IMO. Which is why, despite all the graphics aclaim, it was a MAJOR flop.

Really? I found it a bit unimaginative, but definitely not boring. I love sneaking through the grass and then pulling your rifle up, zooming in and pounding a bullet through some poor Korean's head. I typically like that type of "action" more than just running in, guns blazing with fully automatics. The story line's been pretty vague so far, (probably intentionally) but I like the concept of discovering an alien artifact or whatever. I haven't encountered any aliens yet, but the anticipation of discovering things is exciting. I don't think Crysis really re-invents the wheel in any way, but it's a good solid shooter with gorgeous eye candy.
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

Postby bagobonez » Sun Feb 24, 2008 9:29 pm

Anyone finished this game? I'm about to.
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

Return to Video Games