The 2008 Cadillac...Pimped Escalade or Lemon? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

The 2008 Cadillac...Pimped Escalade or Lemon?

Moderator: Football Moderators

The 2008 Cadillac...Pimped Escalade or Lemon?

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Thu Nov 15, 2007 7:58 pm

What are your thoughts on Caddy next year?

Be the back he was his rookie year? Washed up? Too injury prone?

In a dynasty or keeper league, he holds intruiging value right now. Risk is there....Is the reward?
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Re: The 2008 Cadillac...Pimped Escalade or Lemon?

Postby JasonSeahorn » Thu Nov 15, 2007 8:55 pm

i don't like him much with earnest graham and pittman there, and the constant injuries so far turn me off. i probably won't draft him in a redraft next year unless its 6th or 7th round at least and he's still there.

Thanks to deluxe_247 for sig, he is welcome to sail with the Captain too!

I will win all of the fantasy cafe games.....next year
JasonSeahorn
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby skibrett15 » Thu Nov 15, 2007 9:56 pm

SwiperNoSwiping wrote:What are your thoughts on Caddy next year?

In a dynasty or keeper league, he holds intruiging value right now. Risk is there....Is the reward?

Patellar tendon tear is probably THE WORST injury an NFL RB can suffer. It's questionable whether he will get back to 80 percent by next year. Ahman Green had this injury and managed to come back ok (not the back he once was, but he was struggling before the injury also) so it's not impossible. I don't think he is worth anything more than a 6th round pick if you're drafting now. Obviously that means nothing, but I think someone like kevin curtis or justin fargas has the same value. He has serious injury concerns, and frankly only did well when he received a huge amount of carries his rookie year. I would not be interested in caddy anytime soon, but there aren't too many RBs in the NFL, so he is definitely worth something.
ADMIN edit: please note that the overall sig limit is 12k - thanks!
(Thanks Leber)
AIM is like multiplayer notepad
skibrett15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby deerayfan072 » Thu Nov 15, 2007 10:23 pm

I think Caddy is pretty much done. Like Brett said the Patella is the worst thing for a running back to tear. It effects your burst and acceleration. It is the biggest tendon and tough to come back from. Honestly, he was good for 3 games in his rookie season and has been average or below average since. The Bucs will likely go after another back in the offseason and keep Pitt and Graham to back that one up
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby eagle0588 » Fri Nov 16, 2007 1:30 am

i've heard on several sports sites that cadillac's career may very well be over. Even if he were to rehab and be good enough to play again next year I still don't like him b/c he is very injury prone dating back to his rookie year.
eagle0588
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby deerayfan072 » Fri Nov 16, 2007 10:27 am

eagle0588 wrote:i've heard on several sports sites that cadillac's career may very well be over. Even if he were to rehab and be good enough to play again next year I still don't like him b/c he is very injury prone dating back to his rookie year.

dating back to college....
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby BlueBandit24 » Fri Nov 16, 2007 11:38 am

I didn't like him before the injury, and I certainly don't like him now. His rookie year was basically comprised of 3 monster games to start the year followed by mediocrity. Last year was terrible and he was pretty average this year before going down with a serious injury. After the patella injury, I'm staying far clear of Caddy next year.
BlueBandit24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby treat24 » Fri Nov 16, 2007 7:43 pm

I'd side more on lemon. The guy went like 19 games without a TD. Even if he comes back ok, he isn't worth a flyer unless at the bottom of a dynasty roster. RB 4/5 at best. Keeper, no thanks. If you can buy low, real low on him, and trade him to a bad team for slightly more... maybe. I just don't like him that much.
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I'm drinking 'til I forget the 1999 NFC Championship game.

Postby Kensat30 » Fri Nov 16, 2007 8:00 pm

He's the Kevin Jones of 2008.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby Guru13 » Fri Nov 16, 2007 11:35 pm

skibrett15 wrote:
SwiperNoSwiping wrote:What are your thoughts on Caddy next year?

Patellar tendon tear is probably THE WORST injury an NFL RB can suffer. It's questionable whether he will get back to 80 percent by next year. Ahman Green had this injury and managed to come back ok (not the back he once was, but he was struggling before the injury also) so it's not impossible. I don't think he is worth anything more than a 6th round pick if you're drafting now. Obviously that means nothing, but I think someone like kevin curtis or justin fargas has the same value. He has serious injury concerns, and frankly only did well when he received a huge amount of carries his rookie year. I would not be interested in caddy anytime soon, but there aren't too many RBs in the NFL, so he is definitely worth something.

Nice new sig, figured you'd update it soon. ;-D

And as far as Caddy goes, I think it's too early to really know anything, there's just too much that could go wrong/right. But if you're asking about is value now, IMO it's not too high, as mentioned, not anything more than a ho-hum RB3.
Guru13
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Next

Return to Football Talk