It didn't look good, did it? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Detroit Lions

It didn't look good, did it?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: It didn't look good, did it?

Postby latsprewell20002000 » Thu Nov 22, 2007 11:39 am

LT Blue Colt wrote:I think a win this Thanksgiving could really give the Lions the momentum they so desperately need. That same momentum they had 2 or 3 games into the season. Especially against such a division rival with such a great record to mess up. If they could pull this one off, they might get the rock rolling again. Imagine beating the Pack, then the V-Queen's, and then hosting Dallas with something under their belt. It sure would be amazing. Here's to hoping. Go Lions!

I just cant see how you can even hope to win this game against GB. I mean really. We cant beat Arizona or the Giants. I dont think its fair to yourself to even hold out hope. We have a chance if the defense can win the turnover battle by +2. Other than that its gonna be rough. Have fun guys
latsprewell20002000
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby moochman » Thu Nov 22, 2007 11:50 am

Spree if the D mans up and the O explodes-and they are so over due- the Lions can squeeze the cheeze out of the Pack.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby skibrett15 » Thu Nov 22, 2007 5:37 pm

moochman wrote:Spree if the D mans up and the O explodes-and they are so over due- the Lions can squeeze the cheeze out of the Pack.

Injuries on both sides really made this game interesting. Gave us a run for the game at the end there. Enjoyed watching fellas.
ADMIN edit: please note that the overall sig limit is 12k - thanks!
(Thanks Leber)
AIM is like multiplayer notepad
skibrett15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby latsprewell20002000 » Fri Nov 23, 2007 11:06 am

Yeah we made a little run at the end there but i mean even if we tied it or something Favre would have led them down the field like hed done all day long and won the game. The Lions are afraid to lose now it seems. Remember McDonald drawing a pass int penatly that gave us first and goal basically. Then we get a huge penalty and then a sack or something and are at the 20 yard line. Its those things that end up screwing us in the end of games. IF we would have played the game we played against the Packers the last two weeks against Arizona and the Giants we would be 8-3 right now. I really believe that we played good enough on Thursday that it would have beat Arizona and the GIants. Calvin!! Come on man when i spend all week talking you up and then you get the chances you must deliver. MUST DELIVER. Now we are going to have a pissed off Roy WIlliams bitching about getting one ball. As if we didnt already have enough problems.

Right tackle
Secondary
Linebacker
Everyone on special teams
Left tackle
Center
Quarterback

These are the areas we need to address somehow, and i think i have the order correct too.
latsprewell20002000
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby skibrett15 » Fri Nov 23, 2007 3:37 pm

latsprewell20002000 wrote:Yeah we made a little run at the end there but i mean even if we tied it or something Favre would have led them down the field like hed done all day long and won the game. The Lions are afraid to lose now it seems. Remember McDonald drawing a pass int penatly that gave us first and goal basically. Then we get a huge penalty and then a sack or something and are at the 20 yard line. Its those things that end up screwing us in the end of games. IF we would have played the game we played against the Packers the last two weeks against Arizona and the Giants we would be 8-3 right now. I really believe that we played good enough on Thursday that it would have beat Arizona and the GIants. Calvin!! Come on man when i spend all week talking you up and then you get the chances you must deliver. MUST DELIVER. Now we are going to have a pissed off Roy WIlliams bitching about getting one ball. As if we didnt already have enough problems.

Right tackle
Secondary
Linebacker
Left tackle
Center
Quarterback

These are the areas we need to address somehow, and i think i have the order correct too.

I hope y'all don't mind my lurking round here, but the Packers forum is Dead with a capital D. The biggest keys to the loss for Detroit definitely came in the first quarter when they failed to capitalize on the 1st and goal situation. Hanson kept them in the game with a series of 40+ yard FGs, but the team was disheartened after those FGs. Calvin johnson did not make big plays in big situations, but Kitna was throwing balls hoping Calvin would bail him out in Calvin's defense. Two of those lobs to the corner of the end zone were very well defended, and one was uncalled OPI against Johnson where the pick bounced off the corner's hands. Roy williams did a terrible job in beating Al Harris, but Harris really played great after we lost woodson. I don't think Roy has ever had a good game facing harris. Actually he does have one good game vs. GB in 06, but I don't know who was covering him. Due to the inefficiency of the offense, I think the D got tired out and simply could not contain the WRs from making first downs after the catch. Drive after drive Driver and James Jones created first downs after the catch. Poor tackling and bad angles. And Driver is a squirrel with the football.
ADMIN edit: please note that the overall sig limit is 12k - thanks!
(Thanks Leber)
AIM is like multiplayer notepad
skibrett15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Fri Nov 23, 2007 9:09 pm

latsprewell20002000 wrote:Right tackle
Secondary
Linebacker
Left tackle
Center
Quarterback

Id put a DE into that list right after SLB.
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor

Postby latsprewell20002000 » Sat Nov 24, 2007 12:12 pm

skibrett15 wrote:
latsprewell20002000 wrote:Yeah we made a little run at the end there but i mean even if we tied it or something Favre would have led them down the field like hed done all day long and won the game. The Lions are afraid to lose now it seems. Remember McDonald drawing a pass int penatly that gave us first and goal basically. Then we get a huge penalty and then a sack or something and are at the 20 yard line. Its those things that end up screwing us in the end of games. IF we would have played the game we played against the Packers the last two weeks against Arizona and the Giants we would be 8-3 right now. I really believe that we played good enough on Thursday that it would have beat Arizona and the GIants. Calvin!! Come on man when i spend all week talking you up and then you get the chances you must deliver. MUST DELIVER. Now we are going to have a pissed off Roy WIlliams bitching about getting one ball. As if we didnt already have enough problems.

Right tackle
Secondary
Linebacker
Left tackle
Center
Quarterback

I hope y'all don't mind my lurking round here, but the Packers forum is Dead with a capital D. The biggest keys to the loss for Detroit definitely came in the first quarter when they failed to capitalize on the 1st and goal situation. Hanson kept them in the game with a series of 40+ yard FGs, but the team was disheartened after those FGs. Calvin johnson did not make big plays in big situations, but Kitna was throwing balls hoping Calvin would bail him out in Calvin's defense. Two of those lobs to the corner of the end zone were very well defended, and one was uncalled OPI against Johnson where the pick bounced off the corner's hands. Roy williams did a terrible job in beating Al Harris, but Harris really played great after we lost woodson. I don't think Roy has ever had a good game facing harris. Actually he does have one good game vs. GB in 06, but I don't know who was covering him. Due to the inefficiency of the offense, I think the D got tired out and simply could not contain the WRs from making first downs after the catch. Drive after drive Driver and James Jones created first downs after the catch. Poor tackling and bad angles. And Driver is a squirrel with the football.

Ewwww a GB fan!! Get out!! Nah im just kidding. Cool to see some points of view from someone watching the game from the other side. It just feels like the Lions know they are going to lose now and in the beginning of the season they knew they were going to win. They do ALOT of things poorly and the ones that hurt them the most people dont talk much about. Tackling and special teams. They cant tackle anyone and they get SEVERELY outplayed on Special Teams.
latsprewell20002000
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby moochman » Mon Nov 26, 2007 12:03 pm

Cornbread Maxwell wrote:
Secondary
Linebacker
Left tackle
Center
Quarterback

I don't really think what position they pick is nearly as important as who does the picking. Look at the ridiculousness of past drafts. There is no coherent plan so you end up with drafts full of everybody's sleepers.
Last year, for example, Martz gets a pick and takes CJ2 when we have many other areas of greater need and WRs for a Martz O can be had anywhere in the next two rounds. The lack of indoctrinization into the offense a sign that Martz was pissed for having to take him perhaps?
Next up the Fords choose local boy Drew Stanton-picked ahead of where he should have went according to many draft gurus. Oft injured QB is soon injurs a different spot on his knee, and important distinction from Matt Millen (who has never been heard from again) goes on IR and loses any chance to develop.
Next up is Rods sleeper of Ikaike Alama-Francis. Remember him? If he had a name like Cody we wouldn't even remember having drafted him. Could still be the next Kalimba Edwards though, so there is still hope for the money to be siphoned to worthless talent.
Next the jewel of the draft, sleeper Gerald Alexander. Again taken before most thought he would-this theme is a hallmark of a Lions/Ford/Millen/?/?/? draft. Alexander is pressed into service and doesn't fall flat on his face. Success by Lions standards.
Next reaches are in the 4th round where A J Davis- a hitter who could be a real find.(Lions code for total sleeper) Davis isn't even make enough of an impact for someone to say he should be up from the practice squad. But we really don't need any secondary help, do we?
Then comes O-line coach and father to Rod's DC/Son-in-law takes an O-lineman. Manuel Ramirez. Again a reach who were are told is so strong and played in a pass oriented scheme so should help us out. Sapiaia is exhumed and now contributes, if you could call it that, on the O-line. Ramirez isn't even mentioned and may have left the country.
5th rounder Johnny Baldwin, another Rod reach (that didn't sound good) is cut and now flipping burgers somewehre I suppose.
7th rounder DB Ramzee Robinson was not just another Mr Irrelevant, he has skills and could be a future contributor. Even when we play 12 men on D he doesn't enter into any packages.

And your concerns are over what positions these fools should be drafting?

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby Dan Lambskin » Mon Nov 26, 2007 2:16 pm

moochman wrote:
Cornbread Maxwell wrote:
Secondary
Linebacker
Left tackle
Center
Quarterback

I don't really think what position they pick is nearly as important as who does the picking. Look at the ridiculousness of past drafts. There is no coherent plan so you end up with drafts full of everybody's sleepers.
Last year, for example, Martz gets a pick and takes CJ2 when we have many other areas of greater need and WRs for a Martz O can be had anywhere in the next two rounds. The lack of indoctrinization into the offense a sign that Martz was pissed for having to take him perhaps?
Next up the Fords choose local boy Drew Stanton-picked ahead of where he should have went according to many draft gurus. Oft injured QB is soon injurs a different spot on his knee, and important distinction from Matt Millen (who has never been heard from again) goes on IR and loses any chance to develop.
Next up is Rods sleeper of Ikaike Alama-Francis. Remember him? If he had a name like Cody we wouldn't even remember having drafted him. Could still be the next Kalimba Edwards though, so there is still hope for the money to be siphoned to worthless talent.
Next the jewel of the draft, sleeper Gerald Alexander. Again taken before most thought he would-this theme is a hallmark of a Lions/Ford/Millen/?/?/? draft. Alexander is pressed into service and doesn't fall flat on his face. Success by Lions standards.
Next reaches are in the 4th round where A J Davis- a hitter who could be a real find.(Lions code for total sleeper) Davis isn't even make enough of an impact for someone to say he should be up from the practice squad. But we really don't need any secondary help, do we?
Then comes O-line coach and father to Rod's DC/Son-in-law takes an O-lineman. Manuel Ramirez. Again a reach who were are told is so strong and played in a pass oriented scheme so should help us out. Sapiaia is exhumed and now contributes, if you could call it that, on the O-line. Ramirez isn't even mentioned and may have left the country.
5th rounder Johnny Baldwin, another Rod reach (that didn't sound good) is cut and now flipping burgers somewehre I suppose.
7th rounder DB Ramzee Robinson was not just another Mr Irrelevant, he has skills and could be a future contributor. Even when we play 12 men on D he doesn't enter into any packages.

And your concerns are over what positions these fools should be drafting?

god that's funny although it's so sad and true. wasnt Cody a 2nd round pick too? we just love to waste those 2nds, dont we. Fatty Rogers turned out to be a great pick although i think he's permanantly winded from his INT return against Denver and cant ever seem to play to his full potential for a season. Boss Bailey is a starter, for whatever that's worth (not much) and i guess that Bullocks kid got hurt so who knows what we have there

good call on Man-Ram II...where the hell is that guy? watching film maybe?

god i hate the Lions
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby latsprewell20002000 » Mon Nov 26, 2007 9:34 pm

LMAO good stuff!!!
latsprewell20002000
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

PreviousNext

Return to Detroit Lions