Is there anything to do about this situation? Shady trade! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Commissioner's Corner

Is there anything to do about this situation? Shady trade!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Is there anything to do about this situation? Shady trade!

Postby LaRock » Fri Nov 16, 2007 4:13 pm

OK, 10 team league and everyone but one of us are new to FF.

I am doing pretty well--tied for 2nd and having a blast. The guy I'm tied with has been talking crap all year about how awesome he is.

We also have a couple owners who have mailed it in. They don't even update their rosters anymore.

Well, this crap-talking guy contacts one of the owners who has mailed it in and he talked him into a trade. Crap Talker gives up D Foster and C Chambers for MJD and TO! Now his roster is so far above anyone else's that I don't see how he can lose.

It's really ticked off the rest of us, and we don't have much desire to play anymore. Another owner is thinking of conspiring and has contacted me about helping. He said if we split the winnings 50/50 he'd trade me all his studs for all my backups. That's how angry most of us are with Crap Talker.

I don't want to open a can of worms with the other owners by accepting the trade, but another part of me wants to beat Crap Talker so bad--not just for me but for all the other owners who got screwed.

Is there any reasonable outcome to save this league? I have loved FF up to this point and Crap Talker has really put a damper on all of us.

Thanks.
Passing TDs = 4
All other TDs = 6
100 yd rushing bonus = 4
PPR
All other basic scoring

VERY strict rosters...MUST have:

2 QBs (start 1)
3 RBs (start 2)
4 WRs (start 2)
2 TEs (start 1)
2 D/STs (start 1)
2 Ks (start 1)
Flex--ANY offensive player
LaRock
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Is there anything to do about this situation? Shady trade!

Postby Canton Cruisers » Fri Nov 16, 2007 5:45 pm

This is a tough situtation as a member of a league and as a commissioner. I have been the commish for a fantasy football league for 5 years now and have been lucky not to have personally dealt with a situation like this.

What has occurred in your league could possibly be considered collusion. If two teams in the league make a trade because one guy/girl doesn't care anymore, then the trade shouldn't happen. Just because someone has written off their chances of making the playoffs doesn't give them the green light to have a fire sale. As a commissioner, if I saw this happening, the trade would be vetoed.

You have to be careful though. Sometimes a trade may happen where it seems lopsided because of the players involved when in fact it's a good trade for each team. If the the players involved help each team respectively then it must be allowed. Also, some guys don't quite have the same grasp on value for different players, positions, etc. In this case if a league member makes a trade because he doesn't know any better it must be allowed as well.

As for you and the guy proposing a trade to help you compete with "Crap Talker", don't do it, it's considered collusion. If you are the commish for this league, watch out for further deals like the one that took place and make a judgement call on whether the ones who have mailed it in are just giving their players away. If you are not the commish then send a message to the commish and let him know that the deal that took place is shady and to watch out for future deals like it. Remember, if guys are making deals that help out both sides, no matter how lopsided they may appear, they must be allowed.

Hope this helps. If you liked my response and have any further questions feel free to e-mail me at mailto:nathanbarkdull@yahoo.com. Good luck!
Canton Cruisers
Monday Morning Quarterback

Postby steelerfan513 » Sat Nov 17, 2007 11:43 pm

If you can veto that trade, then I'd go with that. The fact that a shady trade is being made between a team that doesn't care and a team that cares is enough grounds to at least question the trade.

If you can't do that, then I personally wouldn't stoop to his level.
Kudos to Leber for the amazing sig and to Metroid for the userbar and making them both fit
2008 and 2009 Defunct Dynasty League Champion
steelerfan513
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby doggie62 » Sun Nov 25, 2007 2:55 am

I have no problem with a Team out of the playoffs trying to win some games - knocking teams out is all that left .

But there is no way this trade helps the team out of playoffs .

I would veto in my league
doggie62
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Return to Commissioner's Corner