3 Commissioners--too many cooks or democratic solution? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Commissioner's Corner

3 Commissioners--too many cooks or democratic solution?

Moderator: Football Moderators

3 Commissioners--too many cooks or democratic solution?

Postby LaRock » Fri Nov 16, 2007 4:54 pm

OK, I'm in a league where almost everyone is new to FF--including the commish. He's meant well, but because he's new many things in this league are unique. Unfortunately we have some owners who are taking advantage of this and it's spoiling things for the rest of us.

I would like to keep this league going--it's been fun aside from the shady transactions. I am thinking of proposing a 3-commish league next season. Here's why:

a) three heads are better than one theory: with 3 commissioners more solutions to problems can be thought of before-hand. Rules, regulations, etc. can be addressed by 3 minds instead of just one. Since the minds are all new to FF three might be necessary.

b) democracy instead of monarchy: trade vetoes, rule amendments, etc. can be put to a majority vote instead of just one person making the call. Our commish turned off his trade veto power and now the damage has been done; even if he turned it back on it's too late for most of us.

c) easier coverage: owners' questions and concerns could be addressed quicker with 3 commissioners. Trying to reach one could be a problem if he is at work or out of town. Having 3 to go to would make that easier.

I can see problems to this as well, but overall I think it might work. I'm thinking of bringing it up to our current commish and see what he thinks.

My question is, have any of you experienced this? Or do you have good arguments as to why you think it wouldn't work?

Thanks.
Passing TDs = 4
All other TDs = 6
100 yd rushing bonus = 4
PPR
All other basic scoring

VERY strict rosters...MUST have:

2 QBs (start 1)
3 RBs (start 2)
4 WRs (start 2)
2 TEs (start 1)
2 D/STs (start 1)
2 Ks (start 1)
Flex--ANY offensive player
LaRock
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Football

Re: 3 Commissioners--too many cooks or democratic solution?

Postby mothaudio » Fri Nov 23, 2007 3:58 pm

This is year four of our office league. Till this year I've been sole commish. This year I appointed two co-commishes. They have shown the most interest in the league but honestly it was more of a pubic relations move than anything else. But I did want to remove some power without giving up control. I have approached them 1st about league issues but I still base the input on what they say rather than who happned to say it. I think most leagues have just one commish. If you're fair and foresee potential problems to can avoid the usual bickering. Still, it never ceases to amaze me.
mothaudio
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 5)

Re: 3 Commissioners--too many cooks or democratic solution?

Postby heelfan72 » Sat Nov 24, 2007 9:59 pm

We just went to the 3 commish league. We have a head commish and 2 co-commishes. Everything is put to league vote so really the only power that we commishes have is overseeing the rules. We've been doing for a few years so our rules are pretty much set, it's also a keeper league so we do have a lot of rules. We all can be reached pretty easily and due to work we are all in different towns. We had to move to 3 commishes. We had 1 commish for years and it seemed that every year we had 2 or 3 different problems and of course 2 or 3 different solutions. This year it has run pretty smoothly. Hope this helps and good luck.
heelfan72
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Matchup Meltdown ChampionSweet 16 Survivor

Return to Commissioner's Corner